It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Conspiracy Of Atheists To Overthrow Christianity?

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Sorry but against all my best will and judgement I've really got to comment on this.

Your opinion of Catholicism is so skewed it just reeks of bigotry and borders on sectarionism.

I was raised in the Roman Catholic faith, (I am now an avowed Agnostic so all the vehement posturing here fills me with amusement!), and I can assure you that they 100% believe in the will and the teachings of Jesus Christ, hence they are Christians.

That their interpretation of his teachings differ slightly to yours is nothing special.
There are literally hundreds of Christian denominations.

Obviously in the true spirit of Christianity yours is the only true interpretation and Big G's Afterlife Private Members Club will only be open to you and your fellow true believers.

[edit on 27/3/08 by Freeborn]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

Christianity is evil. I have faith. I'm with God. Jesus was no son of God.

Oh yeah yeah I couldn't quite put my finger on it before but then you started coming off like another well known theist on these boards who claims he is the arc angel Michael. Not that I have a problem with that,, but as Atheist always say,, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

I think it's time everyone here gets a good look at just who we are are in the presence of don't you ? I mean after all,, Excretable_Boy,, You DO have an advantage over us theists do you not? Isn't it true that you believe in the supernatural? Yet here you are attacking those who might listen to you having a similar convictions. One would wonder why you do not also attack the atheist for their blatant refusal to believe in supernatural phenomena?

It would be interesting to say the least watching THEM tear you apart having the same gift for circumlocution you have. You attack Christianity, while you plagiarize from its concepts and ideas then start threads suggesting some extraordinary claim about the number 666 speaking as an authority a special messenger of the supernatural. As you have done here, you had done there, scoffing at rebuttals enticing Christians to engage you while willfully ignoring anything they say regardless of its credence for THAT is your intention, to cause wasted time as the silly Christians defend their faith as if they had a chance to convince you.

Christians,, take heed when I tell you NOT to consider this persons post as anything more then what I have stated. We may argue back and forth with other Atheists and although I may get angry even frustrated at times with the likes of some,, YOU have only the capacity to have us jump through hoops taking advantage of our willingness to correct the wrongs someone like YOU engages in not for Atheism, not against Christianity,, YOU do it
While Atheists may enjoy the benefit of your Antagonism I will submit that it has nothing to with that common denominator that, that single position as Madd calls it.

I have seen the signs before and you are not like the others are you .

No You are above ALL of us Atheist Theist and anyone else. You may exploit the naivety of the Christians on this discussion but that is only because they are less likely to abandon you while you know Atheists wouldn't waste another second arguing with someone so special as you.

Me,, however,, I am not like those Christians, that would question their own sanity before they question yours.

You DO know what I am Talking about do you NOT? I am certain by this time in your life beloved,, you have heard the descriptions more then once but Oh how hard it is to get someone who is never wrong to listen.

I am not using that to describe you in the same way I would self righteous Atheists for I know their real anger may be mis-directed or even justified while yours,, comes from another place.

No,, what I have seen from you is classic and un mistakenly clear. I have seen you display an arrogant, haughty, patronizing, or contemptuous behavior and attitude. Albeit it true Christians may have seemed to demonstrate the same and I can say Atheists do too but YOURS however is somehow different is it not?

Yes Readers, who we have here is someone so special, so important that unless we are among this "special" class of people, then you are worthless to him in his eyes. For this writer,, has a reason for being being capricious, arbitrary, sadistically judgmental, don't you Mr_boy?

yes this is in fact a "special" agent of God, who hears the voice of God and talks to him but unlike the holy Spirit which I find no words can explain the telepathic connection in that symbiotic flesh blood relationship we have asked for, YOU sir, have something quite different going on in your mind. I know the signs an have reasons for that I will not disclose in public and while you may challenge my authority, I will diffuse your challenge by throwing myself out to be judged and ridiculed. You on the other hand bear false witness and will not allow yourself to be tested as prescribed by scripture you don't believe is the word of God. You wouldn't even entertain it just to humor me would you? I know you will mock my suggestion but know that what you say is so utterly false so worthy of both Atheists and Christians Rebuke for it is wrong on so many levels but impossible to correct.

I know the signs of Narcissism and I know when to abandon you as the only rational way of dealing with you. Discarding them as cavalier as a dixie cup after a drink from the water cooler. You see Narcissists are incorrigibly and notoriously difficult to change. Unless we care to cater to your incessant need to be right when that need is always in jeopardy, you have not even given those who have taken the time to research your assertions an iota of consideration and not because they are Christians, Not because you are an Atheist but for the simple reason that you see us asking or challenging you as contemptuous that anyone even consider questioning your divine connection to God.

You rationalize contempt for them as they are so far beneath you.

I regret to say this but I am afraid I must, you see,, because I actually care about these Christians, and inspite of what they think, I care about those Atheist too. Even as difficult as we make life for each other I still do.

You,, require the kind of attention I am afraid to suggest is the very kind you are going to get.

Christians, Just Ignore this person and suggest this post to save time as to the reasons why. You know I don't ask you to do this, in fact you know i encourage all of you to engage them with relentless tireless resolve. The reason I am telling you this isn't because he is so intelligently superior,, It is because he requires the kind of attention none of us are qualified to give.

I will tell you what I know is true and unlike these Atheists, what you demonstrate is your argumentative nature,

not your ability to argue.

I Do Hope you seek help and I mean that

more then you know.

- Con

[edit on 27-3-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Aren't you all that and a bag of chips with your negative 6000 points. You obviously have a lot of marvelous things to say on here. I'm narcissistic? Did you read the book you just posted? You think you can tell everyone on this thread to ignore me? I'm sorry, did someone make you god of the religious forum?

What would shrinks call this?...reversal?

I might have to take a break to eat my dinner....but I just HAVE to dive into your novella:

Christianity is evil. I have faith. I'm with God. Jesus was no son of God.

Oh yeah yeah I couldn't quite put my finger on it before but then you started coming off like another well known theist on these boards who claims he is the arc angel Michael. Not that I have a problem with that,, but as Atheist always say,, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

HELLO! What are you on about here? You compare me to someone that thinks he's an angel? And this has what to do with me?

Where are my extraordinary claims? My claim that Christianity is evil? It is evil.

I think it's time everyone here gets a good look at just who we are are in the presence of don't you ? I mean after all,, Excretable_Boy,, You DO have an advantage over us theists do you not? Isn't it true that you believe in the supernatural? Yet here you are attacking those who might listen to you having a similar convictions. One would wonder why you do not also attack the atheist for their blatant refusal to believe in supernatural phenomena?

Who we are in the presence of? Who are you? I believe in God (I would say that He is supernatural). I haven't attacked anyone. Why would I attack Atheists? They don't have to agree with me. It's a free world. Everyone has a right to believe what they want, do they not?

Or, is everyone only allowed to believe what YOU believe otherwise they are some kind of leper that should be ignored?

You attack Christianity, while you plagiarize from its concepts and ideas then start threads suggesting some extraordinary claim about the number 666 speaking as an authority a special messenger of the supernatural. As you have done here, you had done there, scoffing at rebuttals enticing Christians to engage you while willfully ignoring anything they say regardless of its credence for THAT is your intention, to cause wasted time as the silly Christians defend their faith as if they had a chance to convince you.

Plagiarize what? I have read numerous books on numerous philosophies and have my own faith based on what made sense to me. My thread about 666 is another thread. Why bring it up here? I spoke as an authority? of the supernatural? I discussed what the number 666 meant to me in my life.

I have ignored nothing. I certainly didn't ignore this book you wrote did I? Convince me? Why do I need convincing? I believe what I believe. There is no convincing required or going to happen.

You DO know what I am Talking about do you NOT? I am certain by this time in your life beloved,, you have heard the descriptions more then once but Oh how hard it is to get someone who is never wrong to listen.

Know what you're talking about? Some sort of delusional gibberish. If I was in the same room with you, I would see your mouth moving but all I would hear was, "Blah Blah Blah....."

I am not using that to describe you in the same way I would self righteous Atheists for I know their real anger may be mis-directed or even justified while yours,, comes from another place.

What place would that be?

No,, what I have seen from you is classic and un mistakenly clear. I have seen you display an arrogant, haughty, patronizing, or contemptuous behavior and attitude. Albeit it true Christians may have seemed to demonstrate the same and I can say Atheists do too but YOURS however is somehow different is it not?

Classic? Different? How so? Indulge me......I'm fascinated!

yes this is in fact a "special" agent of God, who hears the voice of God and talks to him but unlike the holy Spirit which I find no words can explain the telepathic connection in that symbiotic flesh blood relationship we have asked for, YOU sir, have something quite different going on in your mind. I know the signs an have reasons for that I will not disclose in public and while you may challenge my authority, I will diffuse your challenge by throwing myself out to be judged and ridiculed. You on the other hand bear false witness and will not allow yourself to be tested as prescribed by scripture you don't believe is the word of God. You wouldn't even entertain it just to humor me would you? I know you will mock my suggestion but know that what you say is so utterly false so worthy of both Atheists and Christians Rebuke for it is wrong on so many levels but impossible to correct.

WOW! I'm a special agent of God now? Dude....re-read this and tell me who should be in therapy!

That's enough of that. I'm narcissistic? Re-read some of your "lengthy" posts." I would suggest working on yourself and not worrying about me. I would also suggest medication.

God bless you!

edit to add: just had dinner with the missus and it was delicious. Dude, I figured it out. YOU were talking about yourself in your novella. Look at the lengthy posts you have written toward untold numbers of members here. The bizarre, delusional tangents. Look at your points? Why do you keep getting spanked by the mods? Dude, do you want to talk about it? Come on, we're all friends here!

[edit on 27-3-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

NWO can correct me if I am wrong but I do not believe he is a Christian.

reply to post by Excitable_Boy

Judging people by their points now, are we? Nothing but puerile nonsense. And that is pretty much as far as I read of your comment, to be honest.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

NWO can correct me if I am wrong but I do not believe he is a Christian.

Ash, I think if you re-read his posts on the last few pages he certainly displays a pro-Christian stance.
But that's as it is.
He believes what he believes and I respect that.
He just seems to dismiss a huge percentage of Christians as being non-Christian because of their belief in papal infallibility etc, despite it being an integral part of both Jesus's teachings and St Paul's interpretation.

As you know, I have no particular axe to grind.
I genuinely find it an interesting but ultimately irrelevant debate.

As I stated before, there are literally hundreds of Christian denominations, each of which believes itself to be the true interpretation.

RnR

[edit on 27/3/08 by Freeborn]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

He definitely defends spirituality and faith regularly- but he's not a Christian.
Can't remember what he said he believed (spiritualist/animist/pagan/theist/can't remember!) but I don't think he is a Christian. Just saying. I probably should have stayed out of it and, again, he can totally correct me if I'm wrong. I remember thinking before he was a Christian until he corrected me. Unless I lost my mind and am not remembering correctly!

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

No probs Ash, he is what he is and quite rightly expresses himself as he see's fit.
I have absolutely no problem with him or his beliefs.
I just contest his statement about Catholics not being Christian.
They certainly believe themselves to be following the "true" interpretation of Jesus Christ and his teachings.
Hence they are Christian.

NWO at least seems to have put some considerable thought into his beliefs and doesn't blindly follow any religious dogma or creed.

I'm absolutely certain he'll correct either or both of us if or when he see's fit.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Ahem.

Please Stay On Topic

oh and...

Courtesy Is Mandatory

Need I say more?

Thanks all.

Cuhail

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I still geta chuckle whenever I come to this thread. Overthrow Christianity? There's too much money riding on the Jesus gravy train to let it get derailed, especially since Atheism won't ever rake in a fraction of what religion does. They might want it out of the Classroom, but I've already made the superior argument on that , both sides are wrong on that issue. I understand the need to get like minded folk together to show support, but the hysterics are just getting tiresome.

As an Atheist I don't consider God/religion and supernatural to be the same thing. Supernatural can be used to describe God, but it can also be used to describe other things that have nothing to do with god or any story revolving around a god. That's the beauty of being Atheist, I can believe in any number of spiritual or supernatural things without any kind of trying to mash my religion into it, the proverbial square peg in a round hole problem. I don't believe in god but I can believe in the paranormal,aliens,ghosts, whatever I like that doesn't require a god in its equation. Religious types can believe in whatever they like too, but they have to reconcile and rationalize the parts that don't quite fit to make it ok. I choose a belief system that doesn't claim to be the truth and the only truth, I choose a belief system that encourages me to find my own truth.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by Gigatronix]

[edit on 27-3-2008 by Gigatronix]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Please go here and read carefully, (No, it's not the usual T&C stuff). But unless you are somehow overly hardheaded in these matters, it would be a really good idea.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Trust me, you'll soon be tested on this subject.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I finally decided to check out the way the OP started this thread and a few of the posts after. This Maya character has the right idea!

Maya on the topic of this thread: "Is there a conspiracy of Atheists to overthrow Christianity?"

God I hope so. (no Pun intended)

never have I seen such a thing that is capable of so much death and suffering then that of religion.

Amen!

What is the conspiracy OP? Are there Atheist organizations out there that I am not aware of? And.....I mean ones that have numbers to take seriously....

Name one.

And I have to say: that they all look like anyone else. The lady in line next to you in grocery store with the nice body for her age: she could be a you know....one of them Atheists. The kid at the gas station, the convenience store clerks, barbers, white collar dudes and dudettes, blue collars, police officers, teachers, etc.....

Should we walk around with signs on us so people know what we are? Besides the Freedom Speech we have in this country, do we not have the Freedom of Thought? Should we walk around with different colored stars on telling everyone what we are?

OP...you seem to talk out of both sides of your mouth. You say you want to end the bickering while saying it in a thread you created that begs for argument.

Fascinating. Why didn't you name it: "There is no conspiracy....." or "Let's all be friends?"

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

"Well, Golly gee, Excitable_Boy! Uh...mmmm I jes don know whut ta says about dat. I am so confounded by your superior intelligence, I guess that I will turn the other cheek, throw in the towel, concede the debate, and extend my hand and say, "you win, dude."
Feel better, now? Now, I have better things to do. Later

Edit: If you would finish reading the thread, you would see that this has already been addressed to the satisfaction of everyone. Okay?

[edit on 28-3-2008 by sizzle]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
As I have stated before, I do not believe that there are any winners in arguments. Debates...maybe. But this thread has been anything but a debate. In all the heated disagreements displayed here, I have not seen one single mind changed. I have only seen the creation of hard feelings and little red 'warn stickers' applied.

For those that are just entering the discussion here; you have missed my apologies for opening the thread and my explanation that it was just a question, and not an invitation to initiate a war. But even at that, some of you decided that you knew my mind better than I did, and decided it was something more than that.
So, I suppose I will have to leave it up to the individual as to what they choose to believe. I cannot argue that issue, nor change anyone's mind. Peace.

Edit: It's kinda like free will. Or the freedom to believe what we choose to believe. Right? Example...If I choose to believe in God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit; that should be my freedom to exercise that belief. Right?

[edit on 28-3-2008 by sizzle]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   

What is the conspiracy OP? Are there Atheist organizations out there that I am not aware of? And.....I mean ones that have numbers to take seriously....

Actually yes there are. I posted some links to them earlier.

As to everything else you said concerning 'the lady at the grocery store and the barber.' Again, if there is a conspiracy, not everyone in that group is in on it. It would be the conspirators.

If there is an atheist conspiracy taking place, one of my best friends who happens to be an atheist probably would not care less and almost certainly knows nothing about it. She's too busy working and raising her family. But that is not to say there are not organized atheistic organizations or conspirators working on such things.

And yes, some examples have already been given throughout this mutli-page thread. I considered going back through and making a compilation list of all the comments that offered evidence but decide not to due to personal laziness. But the information has been provided throughout this thread in ATS's spirit of 'collaborative research.'

[edit on 3/29/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

If there is an atheist conspiracy taking place, one of my best friends who happens to be an atheist probably would not care less and almost certainly knows nothing about it. She's too busy working and raising her family. But that is not to say there are not organized atheistic organizations or conspirators working on such things.

Such things? I'm sorry, what things are THEY working on? What is their plan to overthrow the largest religion in the world? What is it that these handful of supposed organized Atheists plan to do? What are the "such things" they are working on?

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

It would probably behoove you to read the thread. The issues that you are dredging up, have been gone over with a fine tooth comb, already. Has been done to death.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

It would probably behoove you to read the thread. The issues that you are dredging up, have been gone over with a fine tooth comb, already. Has been done to death.

Not going to read 44 pages....sorry. If you don't want to answer the question, that's cool. Behoove me? I am dredging up issues? I thought I was repsonding to the poster before me. How was I dredging up anything? I doubt that anything was gone over with a fine tooth comb here. I can't even get an answer to a simple question.

I asked for the name of one Atheist organization that had enough members for it to be a concern. No one appears to be able to answer that, so not sure how this was "done to death" or "gone over with a fine tooth comb."

[edit on 29-3-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

It is difficult, none the less, for the ordinary man to cast off orthodox beliefs, for he is seldom allowed to hear the other side.... Whereas the Christian view is pressed on him day in and day out.

—Margaret Knight

source: www.positiveatheism.org

Pretty radical those crazy Atheists! Seems to be a legitimate and edcuated opinion brought forth by Ms. Knight. I'm not seeing the evil or desire to overthrow Christianity in that statement or in any on that site.

If this how INTENSE all these crazy Atheist's sites are I will assume that I don't need to bother checking any more of them out. Atheists aren't knocking on doors trying to spread the word, they aren't having TV shows with multi-millionaire con-artists to spread the word, etc......

thank uou for your very civil reply and explanation. this is why i am asking. what's funny is that on what few actual atheist websites that i have visited, there does seem to be a willingness for civil discussion. it's mostly here that i see all the bashing going on. and almost hate between the two groups.

Sizzle...you state right here yourself that the Atheists sites you have gone to seem to be civil. So I have to ask, where is the big conspiracy?

Is it kind of like "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" and all the Atheists are cloning all the Christians and when the new ones pop out of their pods, they too will be Atheists?

If the Atheists on their sites are expressing their OPINIONS in a civil way, what is the problem? It appears you and others are trying to create a problem.

What about Jews? They don't believe that Jesus is the messiah as I do not. Are all the Jews wrong? Do you hate them? Would you be happier if there were no Jews on the planet?

Melatonin,
Religious beliefs make no sense to the non-believer. Whereas, they make perfect sense to the believer. Before I became spiritually born-again, I had a lot of problems with the bible. Now, all that is changed. I completely understand now.

Sizzle, again a quote from you. What you are saying is what you believe makes sense to you. That is fantastic. What I believe makes perfect sense to me also, yet you think it is wrong. Do you see the difference between me and you? You feel that because something makes sense to you, it should make sense to everyone else. I, on the other hand, have faith that makes sense to me and could care less if it makes sense to anyone else or not. It is mine.

You have spent 44 pages here trying to figure people out that don't believe what you believe and get them to believe what you believe. Why? Do you know what Live and Let Live means? Do you know what Love Thy Neighbor means?

Love Thy Neighbor does not mean: "Love thy neighbor if thy neighbor is like thyself, otherwise hate thy neighbor and try to convert thy neighbor."

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Pretty radical those crazy Atheists! Seems to be a legitimate and edcuated opinion brought forth by Ms. Knight. I'm not seeing the evil or desire to overthrow Christianity in that statement or in any on that site.

They can be radical and dangerous. Did Sizzle specify a country? Don't think so... See your looking at the world with a western point of view. Atheists have taken over Russia, China and North Korea etc. (most of the worlds population) and believe me they did overthrow religion there by using whatever means necessary. May be not all atheists but the tack record speaks for itself.

Look at this quote from Lenin a father of communism.

These masses should be supplied with the most
varied atheist propaganda material, they should be made familiar with facts
from the most diverse spheres of life, they should be approached in every
possible way, so as to interest them, rouse them from their religious
torpor, stir them from the most varied angles and by the most varied
methods, and so forth.

www.marxists.org...

Propaganda was explicitly for promoting Atheism, there's the evidence for the conspiracy, right there.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

They can be radical and dangerous. Did Sizzle specify a country? Don't think so... See your looking at the world with a western point of view. Atheists have taken over Russia, China and North Korea etc. (most of the worlds population) and believe me they did overthrow religion there by using whatever means necessary. May be not all atheists but the tack record speaks for itself.

I look at the world with a world point of view. Atheists most certainly have NOT taken over Russia, China and North Korea.

Example: Russia is predominantly Russian Orthodox which is Christian.
source: www.russianembassy.org...

About 72% fall into this catagory (Russian Orhtodox) and about 18% fall into "no denomination" which could mean many things besides Atheist. Don't confuse religion with faith.

China? up to 80% Buddhist and Taoist and about 3% Christian. And about 14% non-religious which again, doesn't necessarily mean they are Atheist. Again, don't confuse religion with faith!
source: en.wikipedia.org...

North Korea? Mainly Buddhism and Confuscianism and a small minority of Christians. No mention of non-religious groups.
source: en.wikipedia.org...

Oh yeah...those crazy Atheists are taking over the planet!!

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join