It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pharmaceutical Companies Don't Want You To Get Better

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Pharmaceutical Companies are there to make money. If they were in the buisness of helping people be diesease free, they would be out of buisness. It's much more profitable to give people something that they think will help them, but in reality does very little. That way, you never get better and keep coming back to them.

I used to be on several different kinds of pills for depression, as well as an inhaler for asthma. Since then, I've swore off taking a "daily regiment" if you will. That was about four years ago, and I started the medication about 5 or 6 years before that.

These meds never really helped me feel better, they usually made me feel worse, and more depressed. I wanted to live life without depending on these drugs. Humans have lived healthy lives long before them, so why not? Boom, no more depression. No more asthma attacks. It made me feel like a million bucks. I was saving money too. I will never take a regular dose of meds again, unless my very life depends on it.

I believe all these meds people take these days weaken their bodies. By taking meds, your essentially telling yourself your body can't fix what's wrong. This in turn weakens your immune system IMO, being dependant on things you really don't need.

Don't all go stop taking your meds on my account, but give it some thought. Humans weren't meant to take pills there whole life, especially when they harm your body and don't cure you of anything.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

What's up Aces? Fellow NY'er here. You have it right. Medications "psychologically" help people. Some people need to take pills to think they are feeling better. But physically, they are not better. Our bodies can heal themselves of most things. I do believe that people have a better shot of fighting illnesses through alternative means such as eating right, flushing your system with liquids, and so on. I am also an anti-vaccine advocate. No flu shots!!!!!!!!
We do disagree on baseball teams though, GO YANKEES!!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I agree. It is much more profitable to treat the symtoms than the disease. Treating the symtoms gets you residual income from people who believe that they have no choice but to buy what they are told will help them. Curing the disease destroys your customer base.

I take no manufactured medicine at all except for things like extreme dental work. Otherwise I only take natural medicines and then very seldom. I would never let anyone put me on anti-depressants or anything else that is specifically designed to alter your brain chemistry.

Just say no to the REAL drug dealers...

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I tend to stay away from pharmaceuticals products when I'm sick. If I have the flu, I just take a good rest, drink lots of fluid, eat as usual, and after a few days, I'm well. No meds needed. When I have a headache, no pills. I just take a short nap, then the headaches gone.

I think medication disrupts the natural process in which the body heals itself naturally. The more it is assisted, the more likely it gets used to it and the more you get sicker because of weakened resistance to infections. It gets lazy.

I think the reason why people are sick nowadays is because of the food they eat. It's no more healthy and natural. I used to eat unhealthy foods before and I get really sick often. However, when I switched to natural food personally prepared in the kitchen, I seldom get sick at all. No preservatives, no food coloring and additives, no msg, no flavor enhancers, no cured foods, or canned goods. Everything natural.

In return, full vibrant health. Even my toothpaste is all natural - baking soda. lol

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
You people should keep in mind though, that there are also diseases that cannot be cured without medicine. I too believe that there are states of health that should not be treated with medicine, but it doesn't apply to everything.

I could give examples, but I don't know the names in english, sorry for that.

Medicine for mental illnesses have always been known to positively only affect on some people, depending on medicine in question. Nobody has ever said that all people will get help from any specific medicine. Same goes for all virus diseases. There simply is no cure to ANY virus based disease, all that they can do is boost immune system and treat symptoms.

I bet very, very few people know that about virus based diseases. for Bacteria, there are medicine (like antibiotics. and no, those don't kill viruses. at all.).

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Of course pharmaceutical companies don't want you to get better. If everyone got better from taking meds, they'd be out of business. The truth is that you, the public, is their product. They want to keep you borderline well and borderline sick, until you are more of the latter. Once there, they can keep making a profit off you. I am a Naturapath, and when my sister had breast cancer over 35 years ago, they said she'd die within 5 years, and that she needed a double mastectomy and medications afterward, which would have cost her thousands, her house, and her life in the end. I placed her on a natural remedy program, and in 28 days all her tumors and cancer had completely disappeared, leaving three doctors and surgeons scratching their heads. The cost to my sister in material, $80 dollars the most. No recurrence and she's alive 35 years past what they predicted. Did these doctors ask how it was accomplished so they could save other lives at hardly any cost to patients--NO, not one asked. Me, I haven't been to a doctor for anything, not even an aspirin, in 40 years. At 62 years of age, I don;t even recall what a flu is anymore.

The medical industry is not interested in healing you, only in keeping you borderline well and dependent on their meds by promoting fear.

[edit on 18-2-2008 by equalizer24]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It's simple. Big Pharma is more interested in maintaining illness, not curing it. When was the last time a cure for anything major was found?

Not only are they interested in maintaning illness, they even create new ones. I also LOVE all the damn ads on TV for drugs. "Ask your doctor if Blah Blah Blah is right for you!"

Doctors used to prescribe medication. The drug companies want us to decide what we want?

But caution: may cause upset stomach, oily discharge, sleep walking, heart attack, stroke, blindness, death, uncrollable bleeding, diarrhea, blah blag bla...

What's the deal with Ambien? All kinds of sleep walking weirdness?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It's simple. Big Pharma is more interested in maintaining illness, not curing it. When was the last time a cure for anything major was found?

Not only are they interested in maintaning illness, they even create new ones. I also LOVE all the damn ads on TV for drugs. "Ask your doctor if Blah Blah Blah is right for you!"

Doctors used to prescribe medication. The drug companies want us to decide what we want?

But caution: may cause upset stomach, oily discharge, sleep walking, heart attack, stroke, blindness, death, uncrollable bleeding, diarrhea, blah blag bla...

What's the deal with Ambien? All kinds of sleep walking weirdness?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
So true.

What gets me is that people fall for the biggest scam of all - cancer research for a cure. Why would big pharma sponsor their own demise? They don't, they trick you into giving your money for "research". I'm sure many people mean well but they are so gullible.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

I am so happy to see a thread on this topic!

Yes, I also advocate living healthy lives that are pharmaceutical free. I cringe at the all the "Do you sometimes feel like....." commercials that run everyday, convincing you that you have a 'disorder' of some type. They pretty much create 'disorders' in order to sell the pill....

The human body comes naturally equipped with guards against infection and disease. Even if infection or disease occurs, the human body can tackle it; always has and always will, and everything from Cancer to AIDS included. In fact, I've done research on AIDS and learned that it is simply a diagnosis of vitamin deficiency. That is why the AIDS hypothesis does not make sense and why everyone's AIDS complications differ greatly.

All we need is fresh fruits and vegetables, exercise, a healthy dose of sunlight, and a low-stress lifestyle.

Pharma can't make money off of telling you that though.....

top topics

join