It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read your cat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
" * Short meow - standard greeting.
* Multiple meows - excited greeting.
* Mid-pitch meow - plea for something.
* Drawn-out mrrroooow - a demand for something.
* Low pitch MRRRooooowww - a complaint
* High-pitch RRRROWW! - anger or pain.
* Chatter (rapid teeth-chattering jaw movements) - excitement, frustration (e.g. when prey is out of reach or escapes)
* Chirrup (a cross between a meow and a purr with rising inflection) - friendly greeting sound
* Purr - invites close contact or attention
"
Your Cat

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Makes a lot of sense, I love my cat!

she is psychotic just like a cat should be!

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Interesting mrmonsoon!

My cat needs to learn how to read me when he's trying to scratch on my furniture
He's a bad kitty!

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
We have three cats that have chosen to spend their time with us.
I'm not sure why they'd stick around after having their nuts cut off, needles jabbed into them, front claws removed, vet visits, etc.... but they do.

As far as communication though, each one is different. Two will come when you call them by name, one could care less. One comes running if you take ice out of the freezer, one knows the sound of a carving knife being pulled from the block, one comes when the dishes get rattled.
They all come for the sound of a can opener........

I do talk to all of them, and they all tell me what's going on with them, but each in it's own way.
And oddly enough Country Soul has a completely different system of interacting with these lovable leaches in our lives. He tends to be the nurturer by being the one that feeds them on a schedule, cleans the litter, hands out cat treats. He did it to himself, but they all come to him with a begging cry when they want food.:shk:

Right now as I write this Gunner is mewwwing near his chair, but when she comes to me she just rubs her nose against me and walks around my feet, nothing vocal.

Our old guy, 1/2 Siamese, you can't shut him up.
He goes on like an old woman that just forgot she told ya the story a few minutes ago.
This cat knows everything and can't stand not having someone to talk to.

I notice they talk amongst themselves a lot as well.
They do have a language, I just don't think I'll ever understand it fully.:bnghd:

I hope they're not plotting against me.
All hail our new Feline Overlords...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Hehe, cats are cool, mines is a pain in the ass though

In a good way

Can i ask a question for the BTS'ers?

How the hell do i post local images stored on my hard drive onto a post?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I have a baby North American Long Hair (Maine Coon)... About 4 months old....

He is absolutely gorgeous, but here is my question...

What does it mean when he "Trills?"

I read on the net that they are the most vocal of cats and will "trill" all the time as well as all of the aforementioned sounds...

And he does, he trills all the time. Usually when he is walking through the house trying to be "Big Man" around the other female cats... (he is fixed as are they)

So anyway, what does the trill mean?

The sound is just that too.. Like taking your tongue and making a drawn out trrrrrriiiilllllll Sound...

Semper

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

So anyway, what does the trill mean?

The sound is just that too.. Like taking your tongue and making a drawn out trrrrrriiiilllllll Sound...

Semper
I can almost picture you doing it too.
Carry on!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
Our old guy, 1/2 Siamese, you can't shut him up.
He goes on like an old woman that just forgot she told ya the story a few minutes ago.
This cat knows everything and can't stand not having someone to talk to.

Yup. That's a Siamese alright. I used to have 15 minute 'conversations' with mine. He'd meow, I'd meow back, then he'd meow something else, and I'd meow back -- back and forth for up to 15 minutes.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
My cat just bit my little finger, that's not like her, but then again she has just had a mad 5 mins and I did startle her... I've known how to read her for ages now - she wants food all the time, I feed her when I'm good and ready! When the weather is bad she is very clingy, when she has the perfect spot but I need her to move she will ignore me.

Originally posted by Smugallo

Can i ask a question for the BTS'ers?

How the hell do i post local images stored on my hard drive onto a post?

Easy peeasy..... Sign up for a free photobucket account, browse to the photo and up load - remember to set the image size to message board or smaller (unless you like mod vengence) then copy and paste the [IMG] code straight into your post. You can also grab URL's so you don't have to save something to your HDD first.

Here is a cute pic i just felt like including - That cat must be wondering Stir fry or sunday roast!

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I have a maine coon, and I love him. He's about 3 1/2 and is the goofiest little guy I've ever known. Well he's not little, mainecoons are the largest domestic cat and he is no exception. Close to 25 lbs! That trill is something you should get use to hearing. I see it as a loving gesture. He's very independent during the day, but at night time he just wants to cuddle on my bed. When I first had him, I would wake up in the middle of the night with him sleeping on my face.

Also, he tends to act like an otter (lays on back). Also, if you have carpet watch out. Mine will pull himself down the hallway instead of getting up and walking. They're are a riot.

-Droops

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I would wake up in the middle of the night with him sleeping on my face.

FUNNY...

Bam Bam did that too....

He is also a hoot, drives my other babies up a wall too....

Semper

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Just for a few laughs...

This is by far the most funny cat parody I have ever seen...

It is put to the actual 300 trailer..

Semper

[edit on 1/19/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
Yup. That's a Siamese alright. I used to have 15 minute 'conversations' with mine. He'd meow, I'd meow back, then he'd meow something else, and I'd meow back -- back and forth for up to 15 minutes.

Oh man -- my Siamese loves to talk, too! My Birman's quiet... she chirps and squeaks and purrs, but she doesn't have much to say. Piper, on the other hand, likes to give his opinion to everyone.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I've been using these communication techniques pretty regularly for the past few days and they work beautifully. My cat has this problem with attacking my hand when I pet him. Not in an angry violent way, just in a playful way.

Since I've been using these communications methods he stops immediately if I speak loudly and deeply when he starts.

This is useful info.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I think that you might find this of interest.

How to give your cat a bath

It would be intersting to find out what your cat has to say about things after that. (chuckle)

top topics

join