It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no such thing as love.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
So science thought to have found a cure for all the lovesick.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Love is something that really can't be described because it's different for everyone I believe. Everyone experiences it in different ways.

I knew I was in love with him when even after a year I still had butterflies to see him or be around him. He made me happy just with a smile. All the things that attracted me to him were still there and I grew more and more attracted to him every time we talked or were around each other. The only physical thing I was attracted to on him was his smile, everything else about him is what I fell in love with and it made him just amazing in my eyes. He is goodlooking but that wasn't even in my mind when we met...It was his smile

Well he broke my heart well shattered it after I spent 3wks in Europe with him and I still love him. I am in no way mad at him and I am here when he realizes what he needs to see. I have never felt for someone the way I feel for him, ever. It's a different feeling and even though I am crushed like hell I still smile when I see his smile in pictures. I have unconditional love for him because I know how he feels and what he is going through. I am right here for him and to me that is really love. You stand by the one you love even when they need to figure things out, you don't give up on them even if it seems like they have given up on you.

I always thought that i loved before and I may have in a different way but this time it feels right for once...Unconditional love. I have never felt this way for someone. Nobody ever felt worth fighting for until now and that is how I knew it was something more than anything I ever had before. I know it sounds weird to many but we had this connection that was unreal and I never had that with anyone. I was always good at sensing feelings with people but it was like we were connected in some way and still are. It's really odd and we both have laughed about it. It's a wonderful feeling and I wouldn't trade any time I have had with him for the world. He came into my life at a time where I was completely lost about many things and thanks to him I have realized a lot about myself, love and life. Nobody ever made me feel loved like he did and even after what has happened I am not mad. I know why he did what he did and he just needs time which he knows I will give him.

To me that is love....

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

So science thought to have found a cure for all the lovesick.

If we are lucky, all one has to do is balance out the levels of oxytocin in the brain, and bam, no more wasting our time rutting like wild animals.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Love can't be easily explained! .... IMO

But it exists, and it is not easy at times! it can be both the most amazing feeling you will ever experience, and unfortunately the most painful too!

Love is REAL and Love Exists! ..... it can really hurt you! but we shouldn't get bitter about it because of that! just be thankful you got to Love and ultimately experience some of the most intense emotions for another human you are capable of experiencing!

Love is Life! .... don't ever be scared of it!

edit on 17-1-2011 by valiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
Love doesn't give a bad feeling, love doesn't hurt, love is free, love is uncontrolled, love is kindness, love is God. Women don't know what love is, we need to teach them.

edit on 2011/1/17 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

edit on 2011/1/17 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

Oh man etherical the more you say weird stuff, the more sense it starts to make, to me at least. That quote is freaking hilarious but you might be on to something, good luck with the teaching of the women.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
And to the question of is there such a thing as love.....I got to say, and I didn't read this whole thread, but I would go with. Loves great, it sucks, it really sucks, it's super duper awesome, its nothing but insanity, just a chemical in your brain, its seeing a person for exactly what there not, a disease of not seeing things as they are, a cure, and the answer to everything, and all you really need, and everything in between and beyond. So if someone actually read this whole thread, and this was a multiple answer problem on some test question, I would say, "all of the above" that they responded to in this thread is true.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The difference between a chemical reaction and actual love is most people who have an addiction dn't want to be addicted, but if you asked anyone who was in love to take a med to cure it, I bet they wouldn't.

Do I think its rare?
yea, most people dont' have the qualities to truley love someone, but it doesnt' mean it doesnt' happen for others.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I prefer prayer to make a difference.

Giving is no chemical reaction. I don't know why them scientist try to understand such a process as love. They mean physical interaction make hormones active in our bodies and such. But love, a life with love as a base makes one feel great. I don't mind if I just have the feeling.
edit on 2011/1/18 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
There is no such thing as love, love is bashed so much it is no more. People have been killed because they loved. The only thing humanity is doing is helping themselves to get food and money. Nothing else matters anymore. We have a peculiar way of "survival". Why survival when there can be freedom. Strange. From a point of view it can be seen as insanity. Disorder. then there is disorder in the disorder. World without law. People ignore spiritual laws. I can complain more. People have been done wrong that much even the good started to care no more about the other.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Girls like to provoke aggression when the opportunity arises. Instead of helping the situation they put oil on the fire. Such girls should end up with a bully.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Well there is no reason to argue about the concept of love and other words. To me love is nothing more then an expression.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Actually most addicts refuse to think that they are actually addicted to whatever they are on.

Which reminds me...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by IndridCold

And if there is Define it for me

When you meet someone and their happiness is even more important to you than your own, you'll know you're in love. Sometimes it's instant, sometimes it's nurtured over time, but it's just different flavors of the same magic. I'm sure you'll find it, and likely when you least expect to...so don't fret about it too much. (or be so cynical)....

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Do you realize that addiction to love is a bad issue? When love is an addiction you mean she's got a hold on you. Attraction with an on hold function. Yes all open with a not right now?. You have her but may not have her. What a stupid girlthing. Do they want a kick on some bodyparts? Girls, what exactly do you ask for when you do that? You need help getting against your father? You want to wreck your family? You want us to see what you do bad as good? Is it.. until you lose yourself? Do you find that.. Cool? They just don't see the world that is in their face. Hallucinatory.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Yes, because they are denying they have a major problem, as opposed to someone in love who would be willing to tell anyone who wants to hear it.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Awwwwww..... what a sad title for a thread.

Love exists, for sure.

All kinds of love too.

If you have no love in your life and you feel no love for anyone, then that's on you.... that doesn't mean love doesn't exist....

And yeah... you can say love is just a word... a term that we give a feeling and feelings are extremely subjective and blah blah.... but yeah, Love is real.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
If you have no love in your life and you feel no love for anyone, then that's on you.... that doesn't mean love doesn't exist....

I am sure love exists, even though i have never felt it, and do not want too. Like empathy i think alot of people need to experience it first before believing in it.

But i am sure it exists, as mankind has a history of plenty of couples spending there whole lifes together, and yep they had problems, but today people are too soft to work out problems, so not to understand what love is. They have a problem then move on.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
LOVE doesn't have to be associated with a boyfriend/girlfriend for it to be real.

If you don't think you've ever felt love have you never had that warm feeling from your grandmother or your mother, father, brother, sister? That feeling that nothing can replace them because they're so special. Just imagine if one of them were to die, whoever it would be how would you feel? Maybe thats the trickery in Love it will make you mental, completely off the rails and thats whats so exciting about it.

edit on 18-1-2011 by noobgal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Someone in love also has a major problem, they are acting on the influence of Oxytocin in the brain, which makes them feel good and they do things that they otherwise normally wouldn't.

Think if the distraction, the inability to think of anything but the object of the addiction.

Think of the sleepless nights because of the effects of Oxytocin on the brain.

Think of the loss of appetite, obviously a detrimental affect of this dangerous substance.

These addicts need rehab, not to feed their addiction.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join