It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no such thing as love.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
No such thing as love? Who has ever head of such an atrocity?

There are different levels of love, as someone already explained. I do not love my dog the same as I love my husband, not my husband as much as my kids,etc.

To me, love is a feeling of elation I get when I see my husband. It is an easy smile. A flutter in the belly, a warm feeling that cascades throughout. It is contentedness, security and faith. Love increases your self-esteem, makes you feel wanted, and you can become more in tune with yourself.

If you claim to have never felt love, then I hope you do before you die; it is only when you have found love that you have truly lived.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndridCold
I dont think there is a thing called love. I have liked before but I believe there is no such thing called love. And if there is Define it for me. You like the other person because various reasons.......... Looks, Personality, and other things. We like people that are like us thus you like the other person but that does not mean physically. If you like the person just because of their looks and they are not like you the relationship will not last very long. But if there is a person that is physically attractive, good personality and everything else you are simply attracted to them. Please give your opinion!

Is this poster another login 4 Raid? Sure sounds like him!!!!!!!!:shk::shk:

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Monsoon, thank you for bringing this thread to my attention. Now Then....

The maker of this thread is absolutely correct! Perfectly correct. There is no such thing as love besides being a shallow terms for physical and emotional attraction, which is pointless and void.

You may all say that is the most wonderful and holy blah blah blah, but deep down, somewhere, buried under all the emotional BS, your brain knows whats going on. You like them for their looks and brain. That is it. Nothing incredible about it. Dumb procreaction at its best.

I would go even farther, but who wants to hear that rant. Simply put, love is not real, and if you do in fact think its something special, your blinding yourself with your own ignorance of your own mind.

Any objections...?

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
'

Totally AMAZING!

Date line ATS - - -

Psychic powers were conclusively proven to exist today, when Raideur was able to read other peoples' minds and know conclusively that what they had believed were genuine emotions were actually just "bs."

Even more, Raiduer is able to guage the depth of feeling that persons aflicted with affection believed themselves to be having.

Without ever entering into their brains, this lone ATS'er was able to perform a Vulcan mind meld, and then discover that their purported "feelings" were all a lie.

Parents love for children. People's love for their pets. Husbands and wives whose decade-long marriages could be reduced to a few lines of sneering by a single poster who admits to never having experienced the emotion in question, OR having ever seen ANY of these alleged loving relationships in real life.

The Great Raideur will be opening a psychic phone friends network in coming weeks. Calls are pouring into the switchboard, as people who thought their emotions were genuine are now obliged to call in to Raiduer's office for comfirmation and permission to feel what they thought they feel, and still enjoy it.

Stay tuned to ATSNN for more late breaking news on this earthshattering story. . . . .

[edit on 29-1-2006 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
That was perty bold dr strangecraft and I think you should appoligize.

I still hold by my inital statement that Ultimate love is Sacrifice. until you do that you have never truly loved. Ive loved family. Ive loved friends, Ive loved girls but none of the emotional love I have felt for any of them can compare to the love of Sacrifice and the joyous elation I get for sacrificing for them. I have more happiness in sacrificing for a complet stranger than I ever felt in a intimate relationship.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Well Dr. Strangecraft...

Is there anything more to your so called love than a physical and emotional attraction to each other?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
'

Totally AMAZING!

Date line ATS - - -

Psychic powers were conclusively proven to exist today, when Raideur was able to read other peoples' minds and know conclusively that what they had believed were genuine emotions were actually just "bs."

Even more, Raiduer is able to guage the depth of feeling that persons aflicted with affection believed themselves to be having.

Without ever entering into their brains, this lone ATS'er was able to perform a Vulcan mind meld, and then discover that their purported "feelings" were all a lie.

Parents love for children. People's love for their pets. Husbands and wives whose decade-long marriages could be reduced to a few lines of sneering by a single poster who admits to never having experienced the emotion in question, OR having ever seen ANY of these alleged loving relationships in real life.

The Great Raideur will be opening a psychic phone friends network in coming weeks. Calls are pouring into the switchboard, as people who thought their emotions were genuine are now obliged to call in to Raiduer's office for comfirmation and permission to feel what they thought they feel, and still enjoy it.

Stay tuned to ATSNN for more late breaking news on this earthshattering story. . . . .

[edit on 29-1-2006 by dr_strangecraft]

I very witty and comical comeback dr_strangcraft LOL

but remember those who haven't experienced love can't really comment on it - so don't be too harsh...

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
how do u know that 'we' the 'sour grapes' havent experienced it? Just because we think its hype/overated...whatever, doesn't mean 'I' havent experienced it...

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Isn't it clear that humans have strong emotions which drive irrational behavior? These emotions include love, such as when my husband cares for me when i have the flu, knowing it will likely cause him to get it, too. They also include hate and I think there are plenty of examples of that. If hate exists, doesn't that logically prove the existence of its opposite?

[edit on 30-1-2006 by reyna4fitness]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Well, I won't say much, just that like others, I have experienced and am still experiencing a life that proves the title of this thread completely false.

Although, as a "young un", I thought I was in love for a long time.....when it ended I denounced love and decided it had been a load of fake nonsense all along. So when I found "true" love, I was startled. What I had thought was love before was just infatuation, a mental and physical lust. It wasn't half of what "Real Love" is, but I couldn't see that until I actually experienced the "Real" one....if you catch my drift.

It's not something you can just pick out of the air and examine, not something you can label at all really, all you can do is hope that you experience it yourself one day, so you'll know what "all the fuss is about"

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by reyna4fitness
If hate exists, doesn't that logically prove the existence of its opposite?

I always thought the opposite of love was indifference, of course, that could just be me.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

Originally posted by reyna4fitness
If hate exists, doesn't that logically prove the existence of its opposite?

I always thought the opposite of love was indifference, of course, that could just be me.

Yes it would make sense for the opposite love to be indifference. Hate is just a feeling of "sour grapes" imo because of the failure of that particular "love".

Indifference is when you're able to control the chemical imbalances caused by this mystical "love". Dont get me wrong, I dont think there's anything negative about it. It does seem to be beneficial for mental stability.

And Dr. Strangecraft, Way to go!! Really is amazing to the extent of sarcasm you can stoop to.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raideur
Well Dr. Strangecraft...

Is there anything more to your so called love than a physical and emotional attraction to each other?

A great deal more.

But there are a couple of other questions to be answered:

1. Am I able to express the "essence of love" into English so as to communicate it to you?

2. IF I could communicate it, would you automatically be convinced, just because you'd read it on BTS???

The point of my perhaps overheated rhetoric was to remind us all that you can never prove a negative assertion about existence. Let's say we're arguing about ghosts, and you believe in them and I don't. How will I ever disprove the existence of ghosts? Even if I invent a ghost detector and leave it running in a cemetery for 5 years. A negative result wont prove there are no ghosts. The meter might be defective. Maybe they are simply no ghosts in my home town, etc.

The real problem with "love" is that you are demanding objective descriptors of a subjective state. I am saying it has value for me. You are saying it has no value at all, and that I'm being deceived. See, you are asserting how I "ought" to feel about my own personal experiences. That's just a tad imperialistic of you, isn't it???

What if love is "just" an emotion? Does that negate its value? Perhaps, if you happen to be a vulcan. What if love is "merely" a chemical chain reaction in your head? Does the fact render it useless? quite the contrary.

I say love is spiritual. And like the police, I say that "we are spirits . . . in the material world . . ."

If the chemo-emotional nature of love renders it ludicrous in the eyes of a materialist, then all I can say is that you, sir (or madam), are ridiculous as well. since by materialistic standards, you yourself consist of nothing else but a bag of emotions and chemical reactions.

Personally, I believe that love is a great deal more than chemicals, or the idea of reciprocity, that I am actually just serving my own interests. As someone else pointed out, those firemen and construction workers in New York City on September 11, 2001 ran up and into a burning building which they were positive would collapse. Why?

Or flight 93, which was flying over rural pennsylvania. They realized that the terrorists planned to crash the plane. But once you realize your gonna die, why do you care which piece of real estate your plane crashes into? If you are about to cease to exist, isn't all that just irrelevant?

When you say 'love doesn't exist for me,' you are welcome to your sentiment. But when you say, "love doesn't exist for you either," you are being an emotional imperialist, and putting yourself in the business of determining what other people ought to feel.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
bravo dr_strangecraft, couldn't have put it better myself.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Can anyone with children say there is no such thing as love?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Below is a quote from the bible to explain what love in general truly is. And love does exists. If it didn't, life would be meaningless.

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails... But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7,13

www.bible-guide-online.com...

The meaning of the quote can be found in the above website.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Love doesn't give a bad feeling, love doesn't hurt, love is free, love is uncontrolled, love is kindness, love is God. Women don't know what love is, we need to teach them.

edit on 2011/1/17 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

edit on 2011/1/17 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
issue women; love is like a guitar, they keep pulling them wrong strings.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

If you don't walk with me, I will walk alone

Hard enough to believe in myself
When I know they don't believe in me
Unwilling to change for society
I'll be who I wanna be

I wanna tear it up, tear it out
Get my aggression out
This is what we're here for, control the dance floor
This is why we're here
I said, this is why we're here

So when will it end, when will it end
When will they comprehend, comprehend
That we will overcome this system
I said this is why we're here

They keep on kicking me down, kicking me down
Tryin' to keep me underground, underground

But did I mention we were paving the way
For the new breed of bad seed
We'll never let up until we hear every voice scream
Screamin' these words, screamin' these words
'til every voice is heard, voice is heard
They keep on screamin' these words, screamin' these words
'til every voice is heard...

Calling from the underground!

I can feel it in the air I breathe!
I can see we all agree
Unwilling tochange for society
We'll be who we wanna be

We are the underground
We are the underground

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Love is an electrochemical imbalance in the brain, brought on by high doses of the hormone Oxytocin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join