It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no such thing as love.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL
Love is a subjective feeling that can be experienced by you and the person you love. Like any other emotion or feeling, you could bring it down to chemical reactions within the brain.

There is love when you love, as a verb, someone unconditionally. You accept the other person for who they are internally, and physically.

Love is the truth.

Know what I love? Being sarcastic, then having someone try to point out the fact that what I said was wrong. (No, not reffering to you, Immortal)

I don't know what the hell I'm saying. But I do know this. Have another drink.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
well we can pretend to love someone if we get with em

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
love exists, trust me - when you feel it, you'll know.

when you do, hold on and never let go

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by eternally_damaged
love exists, trust me - when you feel it, you'll know.

when you do, hold on and never let go

That's pretty much exactly what I was about to post. It's a stupid concept really, but it's as real as the nose on your face, and when it hits you, you'll know about it.

Just wanted to add an echo of the sentiment above. Don't let go. Take it from someone who did.

[edit on 27/1/06 by Implosion]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Love is a state of existence/mind between two people.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Just wanted to add an echo of the sentiment above. Don't let go. Take it from someone who did.

I know how you feel, I didn't let go - I lost grip

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by eternally_damaged

I know how you feel, I didn't let go - I lost grip

Never mind. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, you live and learn, there's plenty more fish in the sea, and all that good stuff.

[edit on 28/1/06 by Implosion]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   
If love wasn't real, my wife and I wouldn't still be together. We've been through more in two years than most couples go through in a lifetime, and we're still married, and still happy with each other.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I envy you zaphod58, be good to your wife my friend

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
It's incredibly hard for us right now, because she's in another country while we're waiting for her visa to clear, but we're trying. hehe She's a wonderful woman, very beautiful, sweet, loving. I'm very lucky to have found her.

This is us

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Its good you're aware of what you have, you mustn't ever take her for granted, treasure every moment you have together.

Thats a very good picture, you two look really happy, I honestly wish you the best of luck together.

I'm rooting for ya mate!

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Real love is sacrifice. Giving up what you have and even your self for someone or a cause. Sacrifice is the ultimate expression of love. If you have never given for another then how can you know love?

You will not become happy in sacrificing for another they will and thats the point. You know that you will loose something but you do it anyway because they need it or its importante to them. Sacrificing for them expresses how much you care for them. Wether its a dollar or your life.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I don't really understand this thread, lol

So love doesn't exist? Well, love can be described as a number of things, can't it?

Isn't love when you like something alot? Or is it a hormone released, etc etc...

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Love is what you make it.

Love is a give and take relationship, when you put an effort into it, you'll see results. I dont think you can really understand what love is until you feel it, and when you actually do feel it you don't know it right away until its taken away.

Those who say love does not exist, is because they don't understand it. Or someone who had felt it and has been hurt. To truly feel what love is, its like just letting go, no safety net to protect you. You have to give it everything you got, and trust the person to feel the same way about you.

Its a risky game, but its worth it.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Love sucks!

ya got more chance of something everlasting if you love yourself.... stuff the external stuff...

oh and as for the endorphines/happy chemicals...I can get that if I go for a run and the exercise release lasts a lot longer than the illusion of love!! which lasts for a max of 4 hours, chew ya arm off and go home!!!

urgh!! I reckon its bull #e... most people play the love game cos they NEED something...like ooooh I am lonely...oooo I am so unhappy... I need someone to make me happy!! I need U to make my life something more than what it is....

who needs that responsibility!!???? certainly not me....

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I'm sorry for all of you downers and dissers.

I know that I'm the one-eyed man selling mirrors in the city of the blind.

Sure love is a chemical. A great one. Beer is a chemical too. Are you going to put it down as a waste of time, because it's a chemical?

Love is more than that. You wouldn't be posting on this thread, except for the fact that you know life is cheating you.

I have the love of my life, would do anything for her. I know she would, too.

I love my kids. I don't want anything from them. I just want them to know joy and love.

I like to play trains, or dolls or whatever, just to watch them revel in life itself.

My favorite thing is to tickle them. Listening to a child laugh is the best music. They laugh with their whole being--not like adults who merely snicker and snort like beavis and butthead.

A kid gets their giggle box tumped over, and you can't help but smile, and I don't care who you are.

I love my wife. I wish she was awake right now. I miss her conversation. I miss her when we talked an hour ago. If she was I'd be "posting" to her instead of you.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I love my wife. I wish she was awake right now. I miss her conversation. I miss her when we talked an hour ago. If she was I'd be "posting" to her instead of you.

You know what true love is my friend, which is something because most people are too naturally self-centred (not an insult) to feel such an emotion.

As for the people saying "who needs love, its just stupid, etc. etc", I understand your opinion because I asume you never experienced love in its truest form, or you have been damaged by it, and need to put on that brave face and try wash your hands with it all.

People can be happy throughout their life without ever knowing true love, but there will always be somthing missing, even if they're unaware of it; true love is an emotion that puts all others to shame, even hatred. To love and be loved is the most amazing feeling anybody can experience, you find yourself complete, you need nothing more, you become truly happy.

Thanks,

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
I have the love of my life, would do anything for her. I know she would, too.

I love my kids. I don't want anything from them. I just want them to know joy and love.

wow that really made me smile... I am really happy for you and your family...I think unconditional faithful love is very rare...really is and to read your response is very reassuring...

but I am not getting too excited! lol

[edit on 29-1-2006 by NJE777]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I wish U nothing but success in your relationships zaphod and dr, and anybody else involved with someone right now .. it sure is hard but when it's good it's worth it ain't it ?

I believe that most people's idea of what love is doesn't exist. I mean how they wish to be loved, not acknowledging it if it is not that even if it right in front of them. Love is all around us, it just depends on U where U see and feel it, whether U wish to live with it or not.

I am of the opinion that if something is meant to be it just will be but we do control our own destiny.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded

I am of the opinion that if something is meant to be it just will be but we do control our own destiny.

I'll second that!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join