It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

which country will be the first to invent a real terminators?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
IMO it will be japan! their technology is so advanced! second will be usa and the third will be russia but they won't invent androids they'll invent effective weapons to destroy them

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
they take american technology...then they improve it...i wouldnt doubt that they'd be the first

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
hmmm my guess would also be japan or america. america might make it first, but japan will end up making it smaller. just like they do to everything.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberGhost
IMO it will be japan! their technology is so advanced! second will be usa and the third will be russia but they won't invent androids they'll invent effective weapons to destroy them

what does IMO mean?

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The U.S will of course. They wouldn't be anything like what is in the movies though.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well some scientist will probably come up with it in Germany, the UK or somewhere, then the US Government will employ that scientist to get the technology first.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Japan - First to create the terminators....or Chobbits (What I call self thinking, self learning robots, name comes from the Manga/anim� of same name). what ever comes first....

The US: Will be the first to create robots for doing the chores, they will not like that. So a robot named B166ER will kill it's mean master because it tried to kill him, then the other robots will rebel and then inslave us and hook us up to the Matrix!

Come on lighten up it was a joke....

But really, If I had to pick I would say the US...Because it just seems like we are headed in that drection now...that we will have robots fighting for us and doing our dirty work...Going in to war so more people could stay home...

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by Curiosity]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
don't create terminators!

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The US will surely develop some kind of terminators first, since they obviously like aggresive robots which have already been used in some wars. And to implement their goal of total control such terminators would prove to be a great option for removing any resistance leaders and similar.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
DARPA is working on it.

They have a contest to program an intelligent vehicle to drive by itself across 100s of miles of desert. I don't believe anyone has won it yet. I think the AI of a terminator will be the hardest part. The robotic technology will come along easy enough, but I think the real human skin "cybernetic" shell is pure sci-fi.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Wouldn't that be the US?

We do have the CIA and they seem to like to terminate quite a bit.

A_L

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvanwhat does IMO mean?

Well KrazyIvan. IMO means In My Opinion.

But i am sure that either USA or Japan will invent it but are shortly followed by country's like Russia and Israel.

The USA will go for future weapons like style and the russians are gonna do it cheap and as long as it is effective.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberGhost

Don't be so naive. The terminators in the movie, also featured flying terminators. And USAF already has those, they have unmanned predator drones carrying hellfire missiles and been used extensively in their anti-terrorism campaigns.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The answer is painfully obvious: The United States.

Japan will continue to develop the underlying robotic technology, and the US will eventually weaponize it.

[edit on 11/21/2008 by prototism]

[edit on 11/21/2008 by prototism]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Sorry to burst yer bubbles but europe is the world leader in robotics!
We make the best and most popular manufacturing robots in the world, all we have to do is reprogram them to screw all yer production facilities!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
This thread is rubbish.

The primary function of war is to distract the masses back home and destroy the threat
to the powers that be... young angry men. Women and pensioners are less likely to rise
up against the ruling classes when you've hoodwinked their young sons and fathers
to go off and fight with heads full of patriotic garbage

Putting high tech hardware into battle, mainly street battles, which costs so much in resource, development, capital and man hours.

Cheaper to feed more beef into the mincer of war.

Seriously, impending social unrest through economic failure is the primary reason for all wars...war is the best way to dispose of the threat to the status quo and there's a much bigger war coming within the next 5-10 years...trust me!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I have to agree with the comment above as long as men are cheaper than machines robots wouldn't really play a big part if any.

I would think you can spend as many billions as you want making a robot soldier and men would still be adaptable enough to destroy it I'd also expect it to be a very long time away in the future if ever.

That being said perhaps we will see soldier in exoskeletons soon enough which would probably be the first step down a very long road.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
IMO it will be in this order

1.Germany
2.USA(hires gemans)
3.Japan(take us and german designs and make them more efficient)
4.Russia(take US version, make cheap knockoff)
5.Isreal(will make there version of the russian model that will be better)

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teknikal
I have to agree with the comment above as long as men are cheaper than machines robots wouldn't really play a big part if any.

Men maybe cheap in 3rd world countries and other palces like Russia and China but in the western countries they are very expensive in war. You would be amazed at what it costs to rehabilitate one injured soldier.
You should read a book called "The 3 trillion dollar war" by Jospeh Stiglitz. He is a nobel prize winning economist. He posits in his books thsat the benefits having to be paid to veterens especially medical costs are already into the hundred of billions with more money to be spent on them until the rest of their lives. Comapred to this a robot soldier would be cheap. however they would have a more effecient and functional design and wouldn't look humanoid.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
USA will make "bad" robots, Japan will make "good" robots... and then history will repeat itself

new topics

top topics

join