It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schizophrenia and the Third Eye

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

Verynice then. I see what level you're talking about. Good for you! Keep it up.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Thank you Silenceisall for your apology. I have a better view on what your talking about now with the other post.

What everyone is talking about is abit off but what would be a good watch for everyone here is a film called "What the Bleep do we Know". This film is about Quantum Physics and how it applies to ourseleves.

Yes i believe that some mental issues are caused by our thoughts but there are serious illness that are chemical imbalances that are out of peoples control with thoughts. Yes the mind is a powerful tool but also has its own control of itself (the sub-concious). The brain is a funny thing that we have yet to understand, but i don't think it is anyones place to say mental illness is a controlled thought, that is there own doing.

I hope the link to the video worked but i'm new to posting videos if that didn't work try this.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
Psychology is a patchwork of best guess perceptions and assumptions of people with jobs in "psychology". It's far from a true "science".

A science is the study of an examiniable phonomenon.

I climb to the top of a tree and a drop a rock. I see the rock fall to the ground. You see the rock fall too. We all that have phyical working eyes in our head see the rock fall.

You are right that psychology can not always be verified in mathematical or exact terms. Though I would say each human and their consciousness is an examinable phenomenon.

psychology requires the "psychologist" to guess. In this case,. one phycologist see a rock fall, one sees the rock fly, one sees no rock at all.

That is a completely ignorant generalization of psychology.

Psychology is nearer to snake oils and quacks rather then doctors and science.

You speak of psychology as if it's worthless. I study human behavior, consciousness, and the science related to it. Yes, we use verifiable science in our research (CAT scans, fMRI, etc.). So lets say for example, you spend your life learning about outer space, which does not concern 99.9% of the worlds population, while I spend mine learning about human behavior and thought, something we obviously all possess.

Oh sure, their atthority shouldn't be questioned as such? If you did to their face most would argue thier schooling and experience. So too would have the quacks that blead all the people of past ages and the same goes for the quacks that would drill holes in the human skulls to "let the demons out"

That's right, because quacks thousands of years ago spent years doing peer reviewed research, examining actual people, seeing VERIFIABLE results, performing case studies, spending their lives and money to learn how to help people.

An aside, cranial injuries can cause an increase of pressure due to the cerebro-spinal fluid in the brain. Drilling holes into the skull actually relieved the pressure,. Skulls have been found with healed openings indicated the surgeries were successful and the patient lived. They may have thought they were exercising demons but the application resulted in healing the patient. Those drillers were the precursor to the doctors we visit today.

Yes, psychology has to guess but we do so based on evidence and research. To say all psychologists are uneducated quacks because we happen to study the most complex system (the brain) in the known universe is ridiculous.

Make up your own mind. Take control of your own Mind.

What do you suppose psychology is trying to do???

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tsuki-no-Hikari
Schizophrenia is nothing like what the OP described. The symptoms of schizophrenia are:

Positive symptoms:

Hallucinations, delusions, disorganized speech, disorganized behavior, and innappropriate emotions

Negative symptoms:

Alogia, affective blunting, anhedonia, avolition, and atentional impairment.

First of all, the symptoms you listed = loss of touch with reality.

Second, i'd be interested to know if you even knew the definition of any of the negative symptoms without looking them up.

To come here and tell the OP that he is wrong about his feelings and the diagnosis of his family members is unfounded. Not much is known about the cause of schizophrenia, but it does show genetic links. If he has four close relatives who show schizophrenic traits then there is a good chance he may too.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Its amazing to see incarnated babble and preach his nonsense and call scientists quacks.
What are your qualifications Incarnated?
Yeah thats what I thought, you have none at all, a high school diploma at best.

For the OP, if you really feel you are borderline schizophrenic then see a doctor.
The internet can not help you.

Everyone has thoughts they might be uncomfortable with.
I have been confronting the possible deaths of all my relatives for decades,
I assume preparing myself for the day I get the news.

Feeding your ego isn't always healthy, if you lived a life like that then sure, now its a struggle to change. But it can be done.

There are names for the Abyss you feel is out there, its called Daath in Kabbalism, its called argh, I forget now, but its got a name in Enochian Magick. I'm sure eastern mysticism has something too.

Sometimes its best to let all your thoughts run their course, write, sing, meditate, whatever lets the process complete itself.

Don't keep beating yourself over your head for thinking.

Again, have a clinical evaluation, have some kind of support system available that you are comfortable with in the event you lose control of these sensations you have.
Don't wait for an emergency for people who don't know you to help, its not going to have the same benefit of people you've built a bond with.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silenceisall
I may be very wrong in this, but I feel that having a schizophrenic mind does not necessarily mean being a schizophrenic. It becomes a matter of choice. You can swim out into the negative, or you can see both as twin cosmic energies that surround us, and decide that you will move in the direction of love and forgiveness and humility. The only thing you need to remember is that the real world cannot be abandoned all together. You are still here. You still have a body for a reason.

I so wish I could remember this entire quote, your post reminds me of it quite a bit. It goes something like;

"__________ is a sea in which mystics swim and madmen drown."

I have looked everywhere I can think of online to find the complete quote again and the author, to no avail. So your idea is at least shared by others. I think someone even wrote a book somehow related to the idea, which I brushed up against looking for the original quote. He uses part of it as his title.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parabol
First of all, the symptoms you listed = loss of touch with reality.

Yes, schizophrenia is obviously a loss of touch with reality, but the point I was making was that none of what the OP was describing (at first) seemed to fit those symptoms. Just because the OP was experiencing a loss of touch with reality doesn't make it schizophrenia.

Second, i'd be interested to know if you even knew the definition of any of the negative symptoms without looking them up.

As a psychology major, these things have come up in various classes, so yes.

To come here and tell the OP that he is wrong about his feelings and the diagnosis of his family members is unfounded. Not much is known about the cause of schizophrenia, but it does show genetic links. If he has four close relatives who show schizophrenic traits then there is a good chance he may too.

I never told the OP that he was wrong. What I said was that I doubted it was schizophrenia both due to the initial symptoms he was describing and the fact that schizophrenia is such a life-altering illness that it really wouldn't slip by unnoticed.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Ya wanna know what? I hear that many people who figure out the meaning of life go mad. I think I figured out the meaning of life once, and ever since then... man I wish I could say I was a skitzo. (un)Fortunately, I came back to our reality just enough to not get consumed by the thought of everything.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
It seems to me that anyone who has full blown schizophrenia is immersed in a negative and frightening “dream world”: aliens are controlling them through their testicles; the cutlery is bugged and sending their brain codes to the CIA, which is actually a brain erasing society run by centre-earth inhabitants that that speaks in a backward language...etc, etc.

It is a negative chain of thought that assumes that the universe if filled and run by controlling and devious entities. Yet I have met people who would not deny that the above is possible, but who are fine with it as a possibility because they understand that the universe contains unlimited possibility and that love and acceptance and forgiveness are far more powerful energies. In my opinion, these people are open to the same influences as the schizophrenic but are seeing it all differently. They are putting the negative and frightening thoughts in a non-threatening and fascinating context, energizing and protecting themselves with the positive.

Again, I have nothing but sympathy for schizophrenics. It may be that the reason young people get the “disease” is simply because they are so young and inexperienced. They have not found their core yet, and are more susceptible to the negative energies in the infinite. These people are very special. I think they have a very well developed third eye but have not mastered it yet. They have not been given the time. They are young and vulnerable...it is certainly not their fault.

Going further, there is the whole subject of the pineal gland as the seat of the third eye, and the '___' that it naturally produces. Those who have taken '___' have experienced what are called “true hallucinations,” so named because the trippers truly believe that what they experienced was real. I have read that Schizophrenics has a pineal gland “malfunction” in addition to too much dopamine in their brain. I believe there is a connection.

Also, in some cultures, shamen—who are believed to have a strong third eye are chosen for their position based on an early manifestation of symptoms that we in the West would associate with schizophrenia. They are given concoction that contains '___' and are expected to use the trips to figure out how to properly use their highly developed third eye (although they would not call it that). It seems that many of these young schizophrenics go on to become shamen, finding a balance through their experience that allows them to master their experiences.

Maybe the problem is that we are not giving schizophrenics enough respect by tagging them with a defective sticker. maybe they are far more remarkable than we know.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Here is a text which discusses the shamanic culture's view schizophrenia as a state that can be cured through proper support and guidance through the spirit world:

www.1stpm.org...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Here is an article linking '___' to Schizophrenia

sulcus.berkeley.edu...

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Silenceisall]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Here now is an excellent article about shamanic rituals in Peru. A must read:

www.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Since everyone has responded to the syntax of one part of your post and not the means of it I guess I will. I see what you are saying and most importantly I am responding to what you meant. My third eye is most definitely NOT open but at times I feel the strange sensations you are talking about. The more I immerse myself in books on astral projection the more I feel it.

At work here where I listen to coasttocoast with my headphones on I sometimes get the feeling of the middle of my forehead pulsing and myself falling sideways into myself and it begins to blur my vision. It feels not unlike what dizziness would be or some form of vertigo and you start to see yourself pulled back a bit. I also spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about this stuff so perhaps that is stroking those sensations too. Now I don't feel the mania or the other detriments associated with this sort of thing so that's good. I am not spiritually aware enough still and perhaps soon I might get to the point where the third eye is open and I will no longer be in this limbo ego vs. higher consciousness battle that I seem to toil with daily. I don't know if this is along the same lines you were thinking but that's what I got.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silenceisall
Here now is an excellent article about shamanic rituals in Peru. A must read:

www.nationalgeographic.com...

Wow. I'm floored. That article has me in a trance.

That is so downright frightening and yet I am going to do that this year. I've never done it before but after listening to Graham Hancock speak about it for so long it sounds like the most terrible and most beautiful medicine.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by merryxmas

At work here where I listen to coasttocoast with my headphones on I sometimes get the feeling of the middle of my forehead pulsing and myself falling sideways into myself and it begins to blur my vision. It feels not unlike what dizziness would be or some form of vertigo and you start to see yourself pulled back a bit.

This is so interesting!

On some other thread (I don´t know the name anymore) some guys were discussing about religious/mystical experiences that can be induced by some kinds of hallucinogens (e.g. dmt, salvinorin a).

In the last months I´ve read hundreds of so called "trip reports", and your description of blurred vision, getting pulled sideways or back "into the body" fits right in! Don´t get me wrong: I don´t suspect you take hallucinogens! My theory is that some kinds of hallucinogens act as a backdoor to a state that can also be reached by other means (e.g. meditation).

By this post, I´m not contributing very much to the ongoing discussion about schizophrenia - but the similarity of the described phenomenom immediately struck my eye.

And so many different sources (Quantum physics (especially string theory), shamanic, taoistic and buddistic wisdom, trip reports, meditation reports, lucid dreams, near death experiences, out of body experiences etc. all point to one theory: Our known reality is not everything there is. Our known reality seems to be created by a global consciousness, by us individually, by God, by whoever! And behind it, there lies an even greater reality that can only be seen in certain states of consciousness (maybe schizophrenia?).

Every single one of the above mentioned sources represent a piece of a puzzle. And they all fit together....

[edit on 18-1-2008 by cm23]

[edit on 18-1-2008 by cm23] problems with edit

[edit on 18-1-2008 by cm23]

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Being someone that has schizophrenia and has experienced psychosis a number of times, I feel like maybe I can add a little bit to the conversation. There seems to be so many opinions on how to tell if someone has schizophrenia or not, whether it be if someone is able to function independently or able to talk about anything other than aliens and the government inserting thoughts into their heads. The truth is you CAN learn to function in society with schizophrenia, I (now at least) appear and act like to anyone I met on the street to be a normal person, although I know that I undeniably have schizophrenia. I started out thinking and believing with all my heart that it was my mission in life to overcome schizophrenia, it took me a lot of failed attempts and additional hospital visits that could have been avoided for me to realize that to live a somewhat normal life that I at least for now need to be on anti-psychotics, if not for the rest of my life. I don't find the original post offensive in any way, poetic language is really the only way I have ever been able to describe my experiences when i was in a state of psychosis. There are many days where my thoughts get so bad that I can't work, and others where I cling to the groundless storylines in my head because they feel like the only stability I can hold on to. If I can say anything about schizophrenia, is that going in and out of psychosis is the most horrible experience Imaginable. If you do have friends or family members with schizophrenia, I just ask that you please just treat them like you would anyone else, maybe with even a little bit more loving and kindness and understand that some things they might say seem unusual, but theyre likely speaking metaphorically. Scizophrenia feels like to me like youre waking up from a dream and everyone has lied to you your whole life and the sky is really green and the grass blue and its a powerful almost spiritual experience and then coming out of psychosis feels like youre falling asleep and that youre back in consentual reality and you have to go along with what everyone else says and you feel like a shell of a person. I wouldnt wish it on anyone, it makes you feel like giving up knowing that there isnt a way out of schizophrenia... there's only circles it feels like, which is the most discouraging part. I hope that by reading this maybe one person will have a little bit of a better understanding of what schizophrenia is like, all the best -erm

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I agree with the OP. I believe mental illnesses are actually not all that complicated.

Either you work thru them and find yourself or become mastered by them. Those that appear "normal" are probably the worst off, completely taken over by a demon.

I know I will get some backlash for this post. I have had, been around, studied mental illnesses in college and after and have come to this conclusion. I don't think I am %100 correct, but just believe that mental illnesses are not as complicated as most people think. As I continue to be obsessed with mental illnesses and study patterns geographically, politically, and even through the internet (FB and these forums make for great studies), my theory makes more and more sense to me. Also having a close friend who is psychic and can see ghosts and the other side helps as well.

I still can admit that I may just be jumping down a rabbit hole, but I do think that more cross studies on mental illnesses and evil entities, auras, mind control, reaching bliss on earth should be looked into more. I am no psychiatrist or even have a masters in anything so what I say means nothing...but theres something there. Im not the first person to associate mental illnesses with evil.
edit on 24-4-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I still can admit that I may just be jumping down a rabbit hole, but I do think that more cross studies on mental illnesses and evil entities, auras, mind control, reaching bliss on earth should be looked into more. I am no psychiatrist or even have a masters in anything so what I say means nothing...but theres something there. Im not the first person to associate mental illnesses with evil.

Maybe not in every case, but I'll agree with you. This reminds me of something that happened to me and others in my family. A little background, my grandma struggled with mental illness for much of the time when I was a kid. She was even institutionalized a few times. Years later I heard a lot about the things they put her through back in the '60s when I was little. She endured shock therapy, and they even gave her '___' (edit to add, lysergic acid diethylamide since the initials were censored out). They were just researching what effect it had on mental patients back then and the first time they dosed her she vastly improved. Her mental state was better than it had been for years. So they dosed her again - this time she flipped out and was never very 'together' after that. You could see the torture in her eyes.

Anyway, trying not to make this too long, but when I was a teenager I was experimenting with things that I maybe shouldn't have, at least at the time, being young and stupid. Well something happened to me back in the mid '70s that changed me forever. I thought for years afterward that I was just mentally ill, although I hid it. I did my best to act "normal" and just get by in life. I got married, raised kids, all that. Bought real estate, etc. you know, just lived life. Point is, all this time this thing was still with me, following me through life. For almost 40 years I dealt with the mental anguish when recently, I came to the conclusion through another event that I won't elaborate on here, that what I thought was mental illness, I now believe was actually a personality, a being. A really bad and hateful being who's biggest ploy was making me think he was not real at all.

Funny also, I wondered about it at the time, but back when my grandma was really in a bad way and I had already gone through the first event I described above, my grandma, who couldn't really converse any more at the time, just mumble, asked my mom in a clear voice "is J___y still mentally ill?". At the time I was kind of floored. She didn't know anything about any of what happened to me. But I have to wonder now, was something attached to her that did?
edit on 4/24/2017 by wtbengineer because: to add

edit on 4/24/2017 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/24/2017 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

very interesting, is the thing still with you?

Tell it to leave. You have to believe in it first to make it leave.

Its very interesting how you call it a "personality" or thing rather than just falling back on "oh i have a mental illness". Well you did for some time and were still able to live life...but you knew it was there, very remarkable.

what you wrote:
"Funny also, I wondered about it at the time, but back when my grandma was really in a bad way and I had already gone through the first event I described above, my grandma, who couldn't really converse any more at the time, just mumble, asked my mom in a clear voice "is J___y still mentally ill?". At the time I was kind of floored. She didn't know anything about any of what happened to me. But I have to wonder now, was something attached to her that did?"

Its sad the the demon in this case took over her in the sense she was not able to live life fully, however, she clearly was fighting it and did not give in to it. It seems obvious, in this scenario, that it was the same demon from her to you or they were in cahoots, if it true you never told anyone about it. Very interesting that she never said much, but did say that.

By demon i do not mean the red flamey horned fellows, just a negative entity. The words demon and angel have sort of lost their true meaning bc of religion.

I had a "thing" too, it affected me before i did drugs, went away, then affected me again when I experimented with drugs. It was weighing heavily. My jerk family called it mental illness. I went thru a depression but came out of it alot more enlightened.

I only felt "OK" and then much better after I moved away from my family and had very little contact with them.

When I hang out with my family for too long, I feel it come back just a little, but I can control it now. They may be walking talking demons trying to spread it to me and bc I can isolate it, it will not stick. I can also see how I may look completely nuts to some people right now and Im ok with that.
edit on 25-4-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Hey, thanks for the reply, I enjoy being able to discuss things like this seriously with someone who isn't looking at me like I'm crazy.

very interesting, is the thing still with you?

Not always, and really not at all any more. I've only encountered it once in the last few years. It showed up as if it just wanted me to know that it could at any time. The timing was interesting too, I was experimenting with something that seemed to attract it. At that time I did address it directly and firmly and told it to leave. It seemed to, and I haven't sensed it since, only the occasional attack that I could just as easily attribute to normal ups and downs of life. But I think I recognize its signature.

Its very interesting how you call it a "personality" or thing rather than just falling back on "oh i have a mental illness". Well you did for some time and were still able to live life...but you knew it was there, very remarkable.

For the longest time it never occurred to me that it could be anything but a condition of the mind, extreme oppression, depression, and feeling constant anguish. It was always with me, but I never saw it for what it was until last year. When it showed up it was an unmistakeable presence. I couldn't ignore it. I hadn't felt it that way since the original event. But the familiarity with it went much farther back, back to when I was a little kid and it manifested itself as haunings and poltergeist phenomena.

Its sad the the demon in this case took over her in the sense she was not able to live life fully, however, she clearly was fighting it and did not give in to it. It seems obvious, in this scenario, that it was the same demon from her to you or they were in cahoots, if it true you never told anyone about it. Very interesting that she never said much, but did say that.

Her life was really very sad. She was a nurse and was really the kindest most gentle person you could imagine. But for most of my childhood I could see in her eyes what I can only describe as the horror that came upon me later. I didn't conciously recognize it as a kid though, I just wanted to pretend I didn't see it. Same demon? I don't know, maybe if they can bother more than one person at a time. I guess they can, why not? But I never told anyone any of these things, I couldn't. It was like I was super embarassed about it all. It was constantly with her though, she had no moments of freedom at all it seemed. I think because I was stronger of will than her I went on to live a productive normal (from the outside) life.

By demon i do not mean the red flamey horned fellows, just a negative entity. The words demon and angel have sort of lost their true meaning bc of religion.

No, I think we agree on what a demon is.

I had a "thing" too, it affected me before i did drugs, went away, then affected me again when I experimented with drugs. It was weighing heavily. My jerk family called it mental illness. I went thru a depression but came out of it alot more enlightened.

Sounds kind of the same as what I experienced. They definitely seem to be interested or attracted to those kinds of experimentation. I don't know what my family said about me, I'm sure on some level they could tell I was changed but noone said so to my face. I feel that I have gained a lot from the hardship too in the way of strength and wisdom/enlightenment.

I only felt "OK" and then much better after I moved away from my family and had very little contact with them.

My parents died a long time ago but I didn't have that problem with them, well at least not my dad. Mom blamed me for the death of my little brother.

I can also see how I may look completely nuts to some people right now and Im ok with that.

Don't look crazy to me man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join