It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schizophrenia and the Third Eye

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Like many of you, I have sometimes felt that my sanity is hanging by a thread. At such times, I believe it is really the transience of my ego that I am feeling. After a lifetime of trying to strengthen my ego by feeding it what it desires, I have now realized that I no longer want the things that it craves. This has created an odd state of schizophrenia (in the mildest sense) in my mind. I will feel an urge to feed my ego, to show its power and supremacy over those of other people, but then something deeper, more rooted inside me will reject that desire. At such times, I can feel a kind of yawning abyss opening up to accept me. In this abyss all things are possible. You might call it the multi-verse.

When that happens I feel that I am freebasing. My connections to this reality are substantially weakened, and the weight of limitless possibility becomes staggering. My feeling is this is the schizophrenic crossroads. Beyond this point, one chooses if they are going to find enlightenment or madness. How one gets to this point is not so important. You may have unusual neurochemistry, or you may have worked hard to get there over a lifetime, but it is the same place. This is a difficult place to be in, for sure, because it is a place when your intentions are laid bare. Your third eye is primed and picking up whatever you decide it should pick up. You are now actively co-creating a cosmology.

I may be very wrong in this, but I feel that having a schizophrenic mind does not necessarily mean being a schizophrenic. It becomes a matter of choice. You can swim out into the negative, or you can see both as twin cosmic energies that surround us, and decide that you will move in the direction of love and forgiveness and humility. The only thing you need to remember is that the real world cannot be abandoned all together. You are still here. You still have a body for a reason.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I would just add that I am not making light of Schozophrenia. It is a serious illness, but I believe it can be mastered.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It seems that you don't really understand what schizophrenia is, as what you're describing is nothing like it. What you're describing could be more closely related to Sigmund Freud's id, ego, and superego. Or in more modern terms, the functions of the prefrontal cortex.

I don't mean to offend you, nor do I know of your intentions or any detailed information on what you may be experiencing. But all I'm really seeing in your post is just a lot of flowery language. I really can't see the point you're trying to make, and I'm in doubt that you even have one beyond trying to impress others by writing like this. If this wasn't your intention, I apologize, but it's much easier to facilitate conversation when you don't use language like that.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
You should avoid the conversation of schizophrenia since you have absolutely no idea what your talking about. My younger brother suffers from schizophrenia and he has on many occasions thought when he comes back from a trip from somewhere everything would be back to normal and he'd be okay. You think if he could walk out of it he would? You think he likes spending time in a mental institution? Your dabing into something you know nothing about, please don't post threads that you have not researched or atleast know about. I feel real insulted for you to talk about mental illness the way you have.

I hope a OP will remove this insulting thread.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
P.S if you think it can be mastered, please become a doctor and find out how to master it, cause my brother would love to be rid of his thoughts and feelings.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
P.S if you think it can be mastered, please become a doctor and find out how to master it, cause my brother would love to be rid of his thoughts and feelings.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
He's somewhat right. Schizophrenia is marked by a distinct loss of reality, or connection to it. Spaxz, I assume your observation is partially based on the definition of reality. In the same sense that, insanity is partially defined as a deviation from the norm that restricts your ability to interact with reality. All of these definitions assume a standard reality or experience. In some ways this is a flaw, but it's the only way that we can attempt to define it.

If you can survive in this world through self-sufficiency then I would personally say you are not insane. Your ideas, experience, and beliefs may be much different than the average person but if it does not threaten your life or well being then it may not be a bad thing. I would hate to think like everyone else. Not that my ego wouldn't allow me to wallow with lesser people, I just want to experience something different. For example, I write music, though I would never write a happy, cheesy song about getting married or having 'love from above'. Not because I think they are fake or weak songs, but because I know someone else will be there to write those songs. I want to write about things people haven't talked about. It doesn't make me better to place a distance between myself and part of society or reality, it just makes me happy to explore. Judging from your post I would say you consider yourself an explorer of this life and reality. There will be many sane people to keep the cogs of society rolling, but it will take an insane man to change the direction.

Don't know if that helps but I thought I'd try. Have a great one

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I like to think of it thus:

There's a front to our "consciouness". This is facing the "real world" where the phyical beings interact and share a common understanding of factual infomation through union in percieved events that are input from our senses.

Such as:

A day begins as sunrise. The sun rises. The seasons change. If you walk of a clift you'll fall.

These are all parts of this shared understanding of phyical laws and perceptions mankind has deemed as "reality". Basic psychology addresses the reality being 95% personal perspective.

However in your consciousness, there are also other directions then front. One might percieve the conscious mind as a room or a landscape or a set of these. Perhaps the room in your conscious mind is where you sit facing front out the window into the shared phyical reality of "this world". However you can go to the back of your room and pass through a door or doorways.

Many people express understandings of finding "doors" within their own mind. Such understandings are nothing new.

Parts of the doors are closed, parts of the landscape is darkened (unconscious) from the perspective of the conscious mind.

I like to think of the "goal" of phyical existance to be to light all the darkened areas within the landscape of your personal conscious mind.

However, I've found, there is "the pit". It is the abyss within the conscious state of personal mind. Within the pit is abilities to see things and know things, "the knowledge" from the tree of knowledge. However the pit is a trap too. For if you dive into the pit, you quickly can get lost within the pit, and without the ability to climb out of the pit, you become "lost" within it.

The pit comes with confusion as the abilities within the pit confuse the perspectual abilities of the personal individual being.

Getting lost within the pit of the conscious mind is the "going crazy" in the phyical world we all share as "reality".

The reason too many people are byond help is that the pit and all the powers of the knowledges within the pit are so attractive that people rarely are willing to come back out. The beings in the pit lie to the personal consciousness. Or the personal consciousness might get lost and without understanding as to how to get out, they will be trapped there.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
My aunt has schizophrenia. My father is borderline. My grandmother had it too. I do not mean to offend. This is a theory. I'm sorry if my language seem flowery. That's just how I write.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parabol
He's somewhat right. Schizophrenia is marked by a distinct loss of reality, or connection to it. Spaxz, I assume your observation is partially based on the definition of reality. In the same sense that, insanity is partially defined as a deviation from the norm that restricts your ability to interact with reality. All of these definitions assume a standard reality or experience. In some ways this is a flaw, but it's the only way that we can attempt to define it.

Schizophrenia is nothing like what the OP described. The symptoms of schizophrenia are:

Positive symptoms:

Hallucinations, delusions, disorganized speech, disorganized behavior, and innappropriate emotions

Negative symptoms:

Alogia, affective blunting, anhedonia, avolition, and atentional impairment.

All I can really see in the OP's post is something about him not wanting to continue to go along with some of his desires and feeling confused about it, which does not fit at all into the description of schizophrenia.

Originally posted by IncarnatedThe reason too many people are byond help is that the pit and all the powers of the knowledges within the pit are so attractive that people rarely are willing to come back out. The beings in the pit lie to the personal consciousness. Or the personal consciousness might get lost and without understanding as to how to get out, they will be trapped there.

Or, you know, the underlying biological causes too >_>

I'm not meaning to attack anyone here, but these diseases aren't things people can just choose to get over. Most of no all of these kinds of diseases stem from abnormalities in the brain. If people could just walk away from it, you'd think some would have done it by now.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silenceisall
My aunt has schizophrenia. My father is borderline. My grandmother had it too. I do not mean to offend. This is a theory. I'm sorry if my language seem flowery. That's just how I write.

Psychology is a patchwork of best guess perceptions and assumptions of people with jobs in "psychology". It's far from a true "science".

A science is the study of an examiniable phonomenon.

I climb to the top of a tree and a drop a rock. I see the rock fall to the ground. You see the rock fall too. We all that have phyical working eyes in our head see the rock fall.

psychology requires the "psychologist" to guess. In this case,. one phycologist see a rock fall, one sees the rock fly, one sees no rock at all.

Psychology is NOT A SCIENCE in the most accepted term of the use of the word.

Meanwhile: Psychologists commonly will assume inhoridence as a reason for mental illness.

another and more real psychologist (the behavoirioust) will assume that the tendancy for psychosis is a learned trate.

Behaviorist believe that insanity is a looping effect of a learned way of thinking.

There is no clear cut answers. That's my point.

Psychology is nearer to snake oils and quacks rather then doctors and science.

Oh sure, their atthority shouldn't be questioned as such? If you did to their face most would argue thier schooling and experience. So too would have the quacks that blead all the people of past ages and the same goes for the quacks that would drill holes in the human skulls to "let the demons out".

Make up your own mind. Take control of your own Mind.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Spaxz:

I mean no disrespect to your brother. I do not mean to say that he choose his illness, or that he is in some way weak for experiencing his symptoms. The disease runs in my family, and I sometimes feel it creeping up on me. I have come to the conclusion, very possibly wrong, that I at least have a choice in this. I am going off into the abyss whether I like it or not. Where I go, I hope is somewhat within my control.

I wish your brother the best.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tsuki-no-Hikari
Or, you know, the underlying biological causes too >_>

too many psychologists take pictures of the minds of "normal" people and then the minds of "insane" people. They see a diffrence and they measure it and find it's a "chemical imbalance".

The false assume thus that the "chemicals" being out of "balance" is the cause of the insanity.

Behaviorists are at least willing to assume the plosability that the "chemical imbalance" is an EFFECT of the improper thinking patterns.

Let me point out that "stress" and a full host of phyical and mental triggers cause other chemical effects upon the body.

"Stress causes the body to release a chemical that makes weight pack on the frame"

the chemical imbalance is an EFFECT of the negitive thinking patterns and looping.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

You have a choice in your perceptions. You can change your own mind.

When you start thinking something such as, and I stick to generical data as I don't know the state of your condition:

The "television is sending me messages".

STOP. Reasses. "The Television is NOT sending me messages" However perhaps I'm atuned unknowningly to messages coming across the collective conscious mindstate.

Thus: the television is not sending your personal conscious mind "messages" the "messages" you're "recieving" are not of another person's "consciousness personal" but rather you're percieving a higher state of consciouness of "the collective mind set".

You can examine, or you can trun away.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I would also say, that when I have started having thoughts that purturb and disturb me those thoughts have always been of a negative nature. I have found that by redirecting my thinking I can get clarity and feel at peace, no matter how wild my thinking is.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but I can't really understand how you could describe your thoughts as schizophrenic or suggest that people can choose to get rid of it if you actually know someone with the disease...

As an example, I once saw a video of someone who had schizophrenia. She talked about how she and her husband went by the 3,4,5 of the clock and how Jesus was leaving her messages and made the shotgun sound to warn her that the eagle was going to shoot her.

Every case is unique, but shizophrenia is characterized by behavior that is so radically different that people would know if you had it.

And Incarnated, while I respect your views, I must say that your views on psychology are quite misinformed.

"Psychology is a patchwork of best guess perceptions and assumptions of people with jobs in "psychology". It's far from a true "science". "

So is physics, but I doubt you'd question that.

"psychology requires the "psychologist" to guess. In this case,. one phycologist see a rock fall, one sees the rock fly, one sees no rock at all."

This is just stupid. Psychological experiments start out with a hypothesis just like any other experiment in any other branch of science. The hypothesis is then tested just like any other science. A conclusion is reached just like any other science.

Psychological experiments are just people sitting in white coats trying to get what others are thinking.

"another and more real psychologist (the behavoirioust) will assume that the tendancy for psychosis is a learned trate. "

I don't see how any branch of psycholgoy could be "more real" than another just because they take a different approach to examining a problem.

"There is no clear cut answers. That's my point."

Again, nor are there clear-cut answers in physics.

"too many psychologists take pictures of the minds of "normal" people and then the minds of "insane" people. They see a diffrence and they measure it and find it's a "chemical imbalance". "

Don't try to learn psychology from Prozac commercials. Visible damage to and abnoralities of the brain have been documentment that are linked to certain abnormal behavior.

"STOP. Reasses. "The Television is NOT sending me messages" However perhaps I'm atuned unknowningly to messages coming across the collective conscious mindstate.

Thus: the television is not sending your personal conscious mind "messages" the "messages" you're "recieving" are not of another person's "consciousness personal" but rather you're percieving a higher state of consciouness of "the collective mind set". "

Judging by the arguments you're making against psychology, you shouldn't accept this theory because it's not clear-but science. >_>

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Incarnated:

You last post is basically what I'm talking about. I have a cousin who has the disease (diagnosed) but has found a way out of it through Eastern mysticism. He relies heavily on it, but it is working for him. Again, no disrespect to those with the disease. What I am putting forward here is only intended to help. Perhaps medication is not the answer to everything. Maybe the mind is more powerful than we know, and maybe schozophrenics are not actually halucinating.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I would also say, that when I have started having thoughts that purturb and disturb me those thoughts have always been of a negative nature. I have found that by redirecting my thinking I can get clarity and feel at peace, no matter how wild my thinking is.

Yes, but, that's deflection. You're thinking of a beach and sunny day with perfect waves, to remove the storm of think thoughts. Althought that's a healthy way of going about it.

Maybe instand of falling into the storm of thoughts and letting the storm take you over you might break appart the storm and look upon the thoughts Where is the "root" of this thought. Maybe you can go to the root, and then change the root of the thought and by folling this process over and over, you rid yourself forever of the storm of thinking.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Incarnated:

You last post is basically what I'm talking about. I have a cousin who has the disease (diagnosed) but has found a way out of it through Eastern mysticism. He relies heavily on it, but it is working for him. Again, no disrespect to those with the disease. What I am putting forward here is only intended to help. Perhaps medication is not the answer to everything. Maybe the mind is more powerful than we know, and maybe schozophrenics are not actually halucinating.

Yes, and I understand and respect your cause. However truthfully it is a personal thing to each of those afflicted with such a "disease". Only they, each of them, can choose to laydown and die or stand up and fight.

I am so happy when I find people willing to stand up and take control of their own minds.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Incarnated:

I wouldn't call it deflection. I do not deny the strageness of my thoughts, or diminish them, but I put them in a new context. I tell myself that the thoughts I am having are of a temporal nature, cause and effect illusions that are meaningless in themselves. I tell myself that everything is only a frequency, and I can choose what frequency to resonate with.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join