It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vCJD - comments in my local Newspaper

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Hi Kilgore,
Great job capturing those comments. I think that with all of the references, detailed info, and actual investigative reporting that Flounder did, we should ask the question why would a respectable news organization of any kind delete such comments?

I've seen similar connections made by medical researchers, and strongly believe that the real issue is that our food supply, especially meat, has been poisoned by greed and is poisoning many of us. The extreme shamefulness is that in all of these cases, except possibly some cases CWD, the root cause is humans wanting to make a few extra dollars by saving money on quality vegetarian animal feed through forcing cannabalism on farm animals. Even though we've known the cause of BSE, Scrapie, and other related diseases for decades, new cases continue to occur and cattle feed continues to be discovered that contains ground animal byproducts. The people who perpetrate these despicable acts do so on a large scale in order to make some incremental money at the cost of endangering the food supply of the masses. Then, to assuage the population, media covers up the fact that the problem is much worse than people think. I've heard from one researcher that in Britain alone, there are thousands of vCJD cases incubating right now due to BSE.

While I love a good steak as much as the next omnivore, the only way to know that you're eating a safe product is to be vegetarian or know that that your meat supplier is organic/safe from feed to food.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Deharg

Thanks again - your really filling in some important gaps for me.

Did you read the links that Essan posted? I actually feel that it makes quite a lot of sense...correlation of course doesn't necessarily denote causality...it could be based on a false assumption, I see no mention that Purdey has taken samples from control subjects - but then he can't get the funding to take his research on to that level...Catch 22? I do think that he has collected enough information to warrant some sort of funding and find it ludicrous that he hasn't been able to do so or to generate sufficient interest beyond Dr Brown, to access the necessary funding. If nothing else it hints of commercial influence pouring rain on Blue Skies. I'm a realist, money makes the world go round, but why such an emphasis on short term gain at the expense of the future
i know there are other, higher, priorities but I also think that dedication and passion such as exhibited by Purdey should be rewarded. A realist trapped in the body of an idealist then

Organophospates aside I have another question (or two) that you may be able to help me with. Do you know why the US is considered a safe source of plasma products - what is so guarenteed about the source? And why we are not using more of the synthetic products if human and bovine derivatives are considered unsafe? Any light you can shed or a point in the right direction would be appreciated.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifestudent
Great job capturing those comments. I think that with all of the references, detailed info, and actual investigative reporting that Flounder did, we should ask the question why would a respectable news organization of any kind delete such comments?

If the paper in question wasn't run by a bunch of hoo-haas I would enquire, but they wouldn't even know. The family who the attached story is about, may have complained. I'm not sure. The web site is owned by the "This is.." local newspaper and media network, which in turn is owned by The Daily Mail Group and Viscount Rothmere. Quite a biggie.

I've seen similar connections made by medical researchers, and strongly believe that the real issue is that our food supply, especially meat, has been poisoned by greed and is poisoning many of us.

I'm a little unsure about it all. I don't think that it is covered very well by the mass media. Not necessarily that there should be more coverage, but an improvement in the way it is reported.

While I love a good steak as much as the next omnivore, the only way to know that you're eating a safe product is to be vegetarian or know that that your meat supplier is organic/safe from feed to food.

I think that we all need to get much more in touch with the food that we put inside us and the chemicals/products that we apply to our bodies, our homes, our environment, everything. We are so out of touch and so dependent on others, we are killing ourselves not the planet.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by KilgoreTrout]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Please forgive me but who is saying that vegetarian (and I mean no eggs or milk ) food is free of risky prions?

As to the researcher who says that the UK has "thousands" of vCJD cases incubating. This is an opinion nothing more. A certain ex emeritus professor of Microbiology from a University in the north of England (I will not name him) who has many opinions on the subject of food safety is now totally discredited although his opinions still surface every now and again. At least two of the students he used to teach (in the mid 90's) were incapable of demonstrating adequate knowledge of even simple microbiological principles when placed into working micro lab. I know this for a fact because I was the one (micro lab manager at the time) who had to have thirty minute refresher sessions every morning with them, using 10 year old memories of my university learning.

There is a paradox here if we wish to investigate it. vCJD came to light because of a change in the aetiology of CJD(who got it when etc).

With this change, the incubation period is now very short (some people as young as 15 died)why, when we are 15 years from the whole debacle, are these incubating cases NOT springing up all over the place ..

EErrmmm doesn't add up does it ?

There is a problem I am sure of that, what it exactly is (vCJD/ early CJD), where it's from (only eating meat?? Veggies have died of this too) and how it got there (into us) is in no way answered yet.

More 0.02$ thanks for your kind attention.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Oh I forgot... Organophosphates are bad news period....

Thats only my opinion of them based on some toxicity research I did in the 80s.. Don't like them get rid of them etc etc etc.. Yucchooooo

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
News night featuring story on the first confirmed case of vCJD being contracted by a haemophilliac patient through plasma products.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Sunday, February 15, 2009

Scientists warn of first ever case of human mad cow disease from blood plasma

vcjdtransfusion.blogspot.com...

Sunday, February 22, 2009

REPORT ON TESTING RUMINANTS FOR TSE's in the EU 2007 (2009)

madcowtesting.blogspot.com...

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Renderers say industry not prepared for FDA feed ban rule ??? WHAT, IT'S 2009 FOR PETE'S SAKE $$$

Two recent articles caught my eye ;

Renderers say industry not prepared for FDA feed ban rule

Food Chemical News

February 2, 2009

and

BSE, rendering relate to human safety

Emma Struve 02/17/2009

madcowfeed.blogspot.com...

OIE amending the Annex to Decision 2007/453/EC establishing the BSE status of Member States or third countries or regions thereof according to their BSE risk

docket-aphis-2006-0041.blogspot.com...

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy h-BSE ATYPICAL USA 2008 Annual Report Research Project: Study of Atypical Bse

2008 Annual Report

bse-atypical.blogspot.com...

Sunday, December 28,

2008 MAD COW DISEASE USA DECEMBER 28, 2008 an 8 year review of a failed and flawed policy

bse-atypical.blogspot.com...

A New Prionopathy OR more of the same old BSe and sporadic CJD

creutzfeldt-jakob-disease.blogspot.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join