It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so... will usa destroy their nukes too?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I agree with solider, you can't say that we just backed out after D-Day, that's crap. Whats your address, I'll send ya a history book revenge.

[Edited on 2-15-2004 by muzz]

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Everyone seems to think that the Americans were the only ones that split tis forces to the Pacific and Europe and Africa... The British were there in all those places too... The Brits were the ones who fought to defend the malayan peninsula and singapore and not to mention alot of indonesia as well... thats what i dont like about america is your movies and history books all emphasize your involvement but fail to acknowledge other peoples efforts... perfect example the movie U-571 and america's valiant effort to get the enigma codes... WRONG!!! the brits did that... TWICE on their own without US help... ithink the US did get a code book but the codes were out of date and useless... AMERICA = EGOTISTICAL

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
If not for Hiroshima and Nagasaki nukes would not be a deterrent. There had to be a demonstration & that was it. Today's nukes are much more powerful & the world knows it.

Lot's of people hate the US, partly because were the big dog on the block and were almost as arrogant as our British pals. Support of Israel is another reason. Why we support Israel so much is not public information & I have no clue.

As far as the invasion of Iraq goes, I'm just as clueless as most Americans, but I suspect it has something to do the the oil market. Sadly, but true I fear major corporations have more influence on our government than the American people.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by outsider
If not for Hiroshima and Nagasaki nukes would not be a deterrent. There had to be a demonstration & that was it. Today's nukes are much more powerful & the world knows it.

Lot's of people hate the US, partly because were the big dog on the block and were almost as arrogant as our British pals. Support of Israel is another reason. Why we support Israel so much is not public information & I have no clue.

As far as the invasion of Iraq goes, I'm just as clueless as most Americans, but I suspect it has something to do the the oil market. Sadly, but true I fear major corporations have more influence on our government than the American people.

I agree with all the above... but the Big Dog thing if they weren't so aggresvie towards other nations i dont hink the Big Dog thing would bug me at all

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Well friend, the movies that I have seen (saving private ryan, Band of Brothers, ect.) all have a signifigant european influence. But to say that America totally back out of WW2 after D-Day is completely obsurd. We lost just as many men and fought just as hard as the other countries, if not harder than some of them. Everyone is entiteled to their own opinion here, I'm sure Aussie movies and the European movies shine a different light on things. Each country has it's own heros, but one thing is the same, one evil power was stopped, not by one country, but by a multitude of countries, do you think on the front lines two soliders from different countries were arguing about who did more??? I don't think they were, instead they were looking out for each other to reach one common goal, defeating germany, which they did. Who knows how the war would ended or the way the world would be today if just 1 country had not been involved, wether it had been the US, Britian, Austrailia, or any of the numerious countries that were involved. The same goes for the Pacific. I'm sure that at one point some country pulled the US's butt out of the grinder, but the US pulled alot of other countries soliders out of the grinder. This is the way I see it, not one country vs. another, but a group of coutries forming allies and defeating an evil power. That's all, you can hate the US all you want, If you hate us so much then don't come here. One thing I can't stand is to hear a forigner walking around saying how much they hate the USA, so you know what I say, LEAVE, no one is holding a gun to your head to stay, go somewhere else, why stay in a place you can't stand? I love the US, I have nothing against any other country, as a matter of fact, I want to go to Austrailia some time in my life, so if I go, am I considered an enemy there, I sure hope not. -Peace Out

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
THe Japanese were not on the brink of surrender. It is clear that the Japs. would have fought to the last man. They thought of themselves as invinciple and inpregneble (sp?) They thought their leader was a god. I remember a news story about a jap fighter found in a cave liek 30yr. after WW2 was over that was still fighting against the americans when they found him and wouldnt surrender till the japanese gov't officially told him the war was over.

Also those who think that the US is soo dangerous wit its nukes please read about military procedure in the US. Bush just cant say nuke Syria or whatever country he wants. It jsut wont happen. You wouldnt need a nuke to defend yourself against america because if we offensively nuked someone theyre would be a coup in here and the President would be thrown out of office within the week. The US has no reason to fire a nuke offensively due to our military. Our country would only fire a nuke if

1. we were nuked first
2. we were in immenent danger of being nuked
3. A massive invasion on US soil (still only as a last ditch effort)
4.A country nukes another one of our allies without reason.

But by puttin nukes in the hands of small week countries liek Iraq or even India and Pakistan they would use them first to give their own military the upper hand.

And lastly the US and russia did sign a treaty to disarm 1/3 of their nuclear stockpile and both countries have been cooroperating.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
OH yea btw for those who thinks they didnt need america in WW2 give me a break. Who emerged as the super power afterwards?? the us. And how could britian stage an offensive when London was almost destroyed. Yes Europe might have one if we didnt go in but it would not have been as easy or as short if the americans wouldnt have gone in. Without the invasion of Italy Germany would have been able to reenforce its front agaist russia instead of goin to attempt to stop the americans.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzz
I love the US, I have nothing against any other country, as a matter of fact, I want to go to Austrailia some time in my life, so if I go, am I considered an enemy there, I sure hope not. -Peace Out

I've traveled quite a bit Muzz, and from my experiences I'd say most folks love the American people. Once or twice I've had people get in my face and bitch about the US, but for the most part they go out of their way to meet me. Some of the nicest people I've ever met were Aussies.

Though I must admit, I've haven't traveled much, since 911 so it may be changing.

[Edited on 15-2-2004 by outsider]

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The american and british media is steadfast in promoting the hate of america for theyre political agendas. If they hate america as much as the media says they do then america would be gone because of the cutting off of american industry. i would say that its about 70-30 with those people who like america or can tolerate them having the 70%

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Any American who comes here will be fine... we love you guys as people but your administration kinda sucks ass!!!

The Reason the US came out as a Superpower is because the war wasnt fought on their doorstep and they entered later in the war so didnt lose as much from it. The US didnt win the War, The British didnt win the War, the Aussies didnt win the War... THE ALLIES won the war... everyone working together got the job done... it just annoys me when people claim one country did it all... Yes the US forces were a relief (whether the war could havebeen won without their help is debatable) and we all thank you for the help.

As for the US not using their nukes... one of the points made is they would only use it if there was a imminent threat of being nuked... you mean simialr to the threat of Iraq using all those WMD's they have lying around... thats where i dont trust the US the admistration uses lies and deception (and britain do it to) to get their way.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Yes i hope i didnt make it sound like it was the US alone ot win it ws a joint effort that let freedom ring. Also i was talking about an immenent threat like the launchin of icbms towards america or a invasion. Like in Iraq it is clear that we wouldnt have to use nukes unless they hit us first. The only place i could forsee us nuking someone first is in China but that still is unlikely unless they go after Tawain. But still what would be the deterent to that??? Chinese nukes

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The US most certainly did not back out of WWII after D-Day.

One thing to keep in mind is the Pacific theater. That was pretty much all us, and demanded as much attention as Europe did.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
True but with the US having many nuclear subs that could be located at any point in the world they could launch a nuke in such a way it would be hard to pin the blame on the US... they could even go as far as framing another o#ry and kill two birds with one nuke

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I never meant to say that the US had completely back out of WW2 after DDAY. What i meant was that DDAY was its major contribution and the rest was up to the European allies due to the fact that Japan had engaged in war.

Also, the US emerged the super power after WW2 because they weren't concerned about Germany as much as the Europeans did because they knew that Hitler only had European Domination in mind and not the whole world.

However, they did have Japan to worry about and this only didn't matter as much to them as Germany was because they had begun to build the nuke before Japan started war. The nuke was intended for Berlin instead of Japan, so therefore the US had to contribute more to the Japan war and needed the nukes for Japan.

Also, the US emerged the super power only because the British troops were split and the US had tonnes of resources for trade. The Brits had forces despersed in Asia, some in britain and most in europe. However, the brits were badly injured and called in for all the Aus troops and the PM saind 'go stuff yourself'.

At that time Japan had bombed the Northern Terriotry and America had helped Aus. This went the Americans way because they saw that Aus was a very good country to trade with.

Also Aus has tonnes and tonnes of plutonium and Uranium which has now made America so powerful because they used these to construct their Atomic Bombs.

If America didn' help Aus then i would say that Russia would have emerged Super Power today and not straight after WW2 because the American's wouldn't haveas much nukes today if it weren't for the use of Aus plutonium and uranium.

Also, it pains me to say that AUS has NO NUKES AT ALL. Which is pretty stupid since we can have tonnes of nukes with all the uranium and plutonium to build the nukes and we can tonnes of launch pads in Central Aus where no one lives.

Now that is seriously sad........

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join