It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Supreme Court Denies Certiorari

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

U.S. Supreme Court Denies Certiorari

www.wethepeoplefoundation.org

On January 4, 2008, the Judges of the Supreme Court of the United States, in conference, voted to deny the Petition for Writ of Certiorari in the landmark Right-to-Petition case We The People v. United States. On January 7 the Court issued its Order denying certiorari.

Without comment, the Supreme Court decided not to hear We The People v. United States, a case which, if heard, would have required the Court to declare -- for the first time history -- whether the Government is obligated to respond to proper Petitions by ordinary, private individuals for Redress of Grievances – specifically Grievances alleging unconstitutional behavior by the Government, and whether the individual having so Petitioned, has the Right to act to peacefully hold the Government accountable if the Government refuses to respond.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Just one giant step closer to revolution.....

www.wethepeoplefoundation.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well what a surprise

It's just another shining example of the contempt that our governments have for the people they rule over.
Our votes don't count, our views don't count, in fact we are just here to work our butts off and pay the taxes that they need to line the pockets of their corporate buddies (and by extension, their own pockets in lucrative directorships and lobbying once they leave office) and to enable them to put into place further mechanisms to keep us in our place

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I'm not the least bit shocked by this news... In fact, all 3 branches of the government have been completey co-opted by the corporatocracy. We, the people, have no rights as the Constitution has failed to exist for over 60 years. Moreover, states rights went out the window right along with the Constitution. We are all property of the Federal Government and as a result, have no rights under the law.

Folks, you can and should expect to continue to watch your thinly veiled freedom evaporate over the next several months. My recommendation - arm yourselves, stockpile food and water and prepare for the revolution to begin. It starts THIS YEAR!

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
allready started kozmo i have dry goods paked water bottled and plenty of arms. let the reveloution begin im ready.

it realy seems the entire goverment is corrupted and rotten whole cloth, i see no reason to participate in society as a whole anymore .

[edit on 1/15/2008 by krill]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This is a critical case, and you people need to flag the hell out of this thread. Go and read it. It may be the last hope to get final word from the Supreme Court on the people's right to the addressing of grievances.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Friend, the Supreme Court has spoken - you have no right to a redress of grievances. In fact, you have no rights - period! For a complete primer please review this thread in detail, specifically what the OP has to say as the premise of the thread! This is not speculation, this is fact! You are welcome to do your homework and verify the validity in what he claims.

YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS as THERE IS NO CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITY. The courts are military tribunals. The states are extensions of federal territory. And YOU are government chattle subject to their whims. Please make no mistake that the illussion of freedom has simply been preserved as a mechanism to slowly dumb down the masses before the boom is dropped. Guess what??? The boom is being dropped now! Are you ready for it? I am!

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriot36

I have a question, should we perhaps contact our local or state reps? Is there any hope in alerting our public servants to this? I'm certain they'd care, and I'm sure they'd be interested but they're just overwhelmed with the new congressional cafeteria

www.politico.com...

This is getting so out of hand I'm sick to my stomach.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

ok kozmo, I took your suggestion and went and read that entire thread. Excellent, and it is basically a regurgitation of the Money Masters videos, which can be found on google or youtube.

I think I really need to change my name from TrueAmerican to TrueSlave. This ain't no free country. We are being ruled by tyrants. Very sneaky, deceptive, powerful people who have taken that power away from the people.

Ok never mind people. Forget flagging the thread. We are screwed.

It's this simple. They kill the internet, and then we can't do this anymore either. Once they do that, then they come in pockets and start taking our guns away. Hell, who's going to know about it when they have control of the MSM too? Once they got the guns, then they will put to use all those concentration camps and gas chambers they have waiting on us.

Just wonderful. Maybe you need to tell us some of the ways you are ready, kozmo. But then again, what's the point of that when they are sitting there reading all of this and earmarking everyone who remotely reeks of Constitutionalism for further enslavement, forced labor or death.

It's time.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'm not a lawyer, but some of the responses in this thread are amusing. There is a very good reason as to why the Supreme Court has the ability to approve or decline a writ of certiorari. Forcing the court to review EVERY single petition would literally paralyze them with cases. It would never end. You might think that sounds great, but you wouldn't when your court case takes even LONGER to get heard than it already does (instead of years, think of tens of years...)

You already get automatic appeal in many cases. By the time you get ALL your automatic appeals, the Supreme Court is not going to hear a case that they are going to deny - UNLESS they feel they need to clarify an issue of legal fact.

It should be very obvious if anyone read the writ - they don't have standing. If they had standing, it would be a different matter. They don't. They lose, and they should. By the way, the lawyers knew this would happen.

This was political grandstanding and using your tax dollars to take up an issue where the lawyers knew they would lose. I am very happy the court decided to not get involved in this, where it was clearly a political move. The court may not always be able to avoid politics, but everything they do to avoid it makes me happy.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by LightinDarkness]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I almost bought into this until I read the Petition.

I see some irony in the fact the "We the People Foundation" asks for money at least three times I counted while Petitioning to avoid Taxes. They also, I believe, are assuming most won't read the Petition and will just base their judgment on the cover page which says not a word about taxes.

Imagine the chaos that would ensue were they to say you could withhold payment of taxes because in your opinion the Government had not followed the Constitution. I'm sure everyone would have a different interpretation that just happened to benefit their situation.
Talk about laying the Golden Goose squarely in the Rich and Powerfuls lap.

...if Government refuses to
respond to those Petitions, are the People not then free to
retain their money until their Grievances are Redressed
and, if the People do withdraw their financial support
from the Government for that reason, is the Government
not then prohibited from retaliating against those People
by enforcing the internal revenue laws...

...Please consider a donation to help finance the work
of the WTP Foundation...

... Donate and receive the full record
of the GML 2007 conference...

...Operations of the WTP Foundation
are Funded Solely By Your Generous Support...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
This is just another step in helping to phase the populous out of the government. Obviously if the supreme court had to hear every single grievance they would be tied up for years but if our "elected" officials really cared about constitutionality and the power of the people they would have formulated a way to make it work. It doesn't take a genius to come up with an effective method of managing the grievances.

But why should we be surprised? What power do we as citizens really have? We don't have the power to elect or impeach our "leaders", we don't have enough money to bribe our way through things, we don't have the connections and friendships the power players have. In todays world there's pretty much no reason for the government to listen to the populous.

The only reason we believe the government should be concerned with the people is an almost religious belief in the constitution and the writings of the founding fathers.

I really wouldn't be surprised if we start to see violent civil unrest in the coming months before the election.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Is this a clear conflict and an end run around their Tax Status? Or is it just me?

Source.
The WTP organization includes two separate corporations which are connected by a mutuality of purpose:

1) The We The People Foundation for Constitutional Education, Inc., is a 501(c)3 not-for profit educational foundation that cannot engage in partisan political activity and is supported solely by tax-deductible donations; and

2) The We The People Congress, Inc. which is a 501(c)4 not-for-profit membership-based entity focusing on grassroots constitutional activism which can engage in direct political activity. the Congress is supported by membership dues.

From the Certificate of Incorporation.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the undersigned Director, being at least eighteen years
of age, affirm(s) that the statements made herein are true under the penalties of
perjury.
SIGNED THIS DATE: December 19, 2001
Robert L. Schulz
2458 Ridge Road
Queensbury, New York 12804

The Director is mentioned in a Wikipedia Article about Tax Protesters-

...A variation on the "there is no law requiring an income tax" argument and the "IRS refuses to say what law makes U.S. citizens liable for income tax" argument is the contention that the IRS has an affirmative duty to respond to taxpayer demands for an answer as to why taxpayers must pay income taxes. This argument is based on tax protester theories about both constitutional law and statutory law, but the constitutional and statutory arguments will be described together here for purposes of presentation.

Some tax protesters claim the following language from a court decision in Schulz v. Internal Revenue Service[33] means that a taxpayer has a due process right to demand a response from the IRS as to why he or she is subject to taxation:...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
This is just another step in helping to phase the populous out of the government.

I thought something similar to that until I did my homework. This is about Tax Resisters and has little to do with much else. Everyone should read all the material in the links. If you don't read the petition you will think this is about one thing when it is clearly about another.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I don't see it a problem at all that this case is based on a grievance against "taxation without representation." Ya gotta start somewhere. The Supreme Court knows this is really about a lot more than taxes, and that's why they're shutting it down. It is also within their means to not hear the case, since the Supreme Court is not bound by Constitutional Law, which was suspended in 1933. You cannot bring a case based on your Constitutional rights because those rights now stand superseded and dormant.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I understand what you're saying, every group has it's own self interests. However, I fully support the idea that if the government no long wants to concern itself with the citizens then the citizens should stop supporting the government. That, I feel, is how democracy works, if everyone wanted to end the income tax then everyone should stop paying it.

I do admit I should research more into this group.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I see your point, but I have to ask myself who does this specific Petition benefit and why is its purpose not revealed on the cover page at the site? If it just involved an effort to make the Government respond without the part about withholding payment of taxes my opinion would be different. I'd sit down and mail a check. Because of the Directors history you can't blame me for my skepticism.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
money, money, money- thats all their thinking...

if we want to improve our lifes and escape this facisim- they'll lose money and their power- they wont let that happen.

We need to flush out everyone appointed to a position of power- indefinitely but instead we just keep giving the wrong people power- Im sure once this presidency is rigged- we'll all see for ourselves just how bad it is.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
You need to have a basis for any court action. Taxation just fits the bill in the broadest terms, and really cuts to the chase at the same time. Most of what you will find on the internet that reveals the truth about the government, and the domination of it by the Federal Reserve banksters, has been revealed through hard learned lessons in the courtroom arguing about taxation. Think of the taxation issue more as a vehicle to bring the action. This is also why it is not explicity stated to start with, because these petitioners are only trying to be heard on any issue, and they chose taxes. You can't just say, "Oh, I want to reserve the right to sue the government." It would be dismissed as frivelous without some basis for the action.

[edit on 1/16/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
They better be able to kill God. No doubt they will state that corporations are mulit-national so laws against them do not apply anymore, and it depends on the world to pursue action like Europe does against Microsoft. As a result this Country called the USA will keep going down because of these Adverse people letting the Devil run them. They better be able to kill God, for their interference called Creation is against God's "You will only know Me by Hard Work" which means God Created Evolution and man and the Devil has no Hold over God at any time.

They will not make the world one according to their whims, for it takes an Act of God, whom they ignore according to their own likeness and not the Likeness of God whom they are to have as only their One True God.

They have placed theirselves above God, and they should be Repenting but continue to Mock God in this World. Prepare for WWIII, the act which man persues against the Convanent of God's Will.

Really? Ya, unfortunately!
They do it with the cloned meat also, which in the end is not good for you, and other ways to always show their Adversity. Stupid is stupid and yet they Deny It! All for their goal of Greed and Arrogance, and Belligerence against all things Normal and Healthy. In the end they see things as weapons to be used as some deranged soldier of God or Christ first of all the meaning they do not even understand. God stands for Grace and not for Power, and the Words can not be changed because of an act of man, and God has Thus Spoken.

Actually that is only my opinion, I have no idea really what God Speaks unless he is directing me to write this post out this way, for in no way am I preaching, but the thoughts are coming perhaps in from the Cosmic Consciousness, for none of this do I have to think about to write it out in the first place. It is an Obversation of what is going on in this world without bias, prejudice, and manipulation.
Well, back to something else then, like putting up with people who think that they dictate to people when something goes wrong with the person, but I guess if I eat enough oatmeal, eggbeaters sort of stuff, and suger frosted wheat puffs that then they can die of heart disease and not me, and in the end, perhaps, it was real thinking that was needed, and not listening to whatever whims come out of other people who's goal is only to make this Country bankrupt for their own profit gain. You see, in the end, they will not win, Titor although it can not be proved, becomes more of a possibility, and they thus are still going to have to put up with the God Force, the Natural Force of this Universe that can not be undone.

They would have to kill God, and that -- that they cannot do!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join