It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Searl's levity disc

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well if anyone wants to see a home made UFO, then here is the proof that one man once built a disc shaped craft for the purpose of flying it.

As there is a lot of skepticism surrounding this man, i thought i would at least post these images i found, proving for a FACT tha he did actually build his levity disc (UFO), however the only images we have of it flying are of low quality and not good enough for a decisive conclusion.

But as you can see, he built a disc shaped craft, that apparently flew. At least we cannot say he didnt build it.

I dont want to start a flame war on this topic, as has happened before, i just wanted to show these images as i think they warrent a thread here at ATS.

I would love to think that it flew, but i think we will never know. Looks great though IMO. What i believe is that if someone went this far to build this, then maybe, just maybe they knew it would fly. The propulsion for this craft was the searl effect generator.

Oh and before some of you shoot the messenger, i have not stated that this flew, or that the searl effect generator works, only that it deserves more attention and sensible discussion. :-)

Peace and Love to ALL.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Uh, you might want to change the thread title a little. I believe that "levity" has something to do with being funny. Perhaps you meant something like "levitation"?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The Searl story is one I can remember from my old days on Bulletin Boards surfing alternate information and he is an interesting guy. I totally lost respect for all this searl effect generator when he started to want seed capital...I mean come on here if he was talking about a perpetual motion machine he would be knocking financiers back by the hundreds.

There is no such thing as an AC magnet which is the guts of his free energy story, you would be equally discredited if you claimed to have a battery that pumped out AC on its own without being chopped or the output altered by an electronic device of some kind like a chopper.

In a word...Fraud.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This thing was realy called Levity-Disk.
By the way a lot of people did research on the
SEG effect.
Its by far no fraud.
Have a look at these videos about Prof. Searl
Video#1
Video#2

p.s. don't judge this genius old man the way he's dressed!

Prof. Searls Website

[edit on 15-1-2008 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO]

[edit on 15-1-2008 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO

Argghhhhh I wasted my time watching these video's giving you the benefit of the doubt as to the genuinity of Searls claims. Those little outside "C" shaped things with windings of copper around them are what we would normally call a stator in an electric motor, the fact he is using permanent magnets detracts little as "Permanent Magnet" motors have been around for ever with the only new development being very powerful "Rare Earth" magnets.

Granted he has developed a very unique form of permantent magnet motor but thats the only uniqueness it has, as far as exclusivity its one of numerous designs for "NON Free Energy" type motors doing the rounds. Now if you noticed how he switched something and the magnets spun slower ? well that is the duty cycle of voltages to the outer coils which actually do the real work as a Magnet really only has Potential energy.

Charlatan ? maybe...Free Energy Machine...definitely not!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Why is the picture quality so low?? Reminds me of 1980s photographs taken using LOMO cameras from Russia.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by 44soulslayer]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
He's not a charlatan and his concept of using magnets/elements is not the only one. The theory is backed up by several others.

As far as needing seed money is concerned, do you have any idea how much it costs to develop something like this? To get the correct size magnets in the correct density and correct whatever else is a considerable challenge with considerable costs.

As far as backing is concerned.. lemme see here. There's been about 20 or so people to have claimed free energy and then have suddenly disappeared or died.
Tesla tried to provide free wireless energy to you more than a hundred years ago.

Tom Bearden has a patent request, not sure if it's granted yet, with his MEG.

There are ways to do it.
Why people can't believe it's possible is beyond me. The entire universe supposedly came from nothing and if you ever need a case of proven over-unity then there you go.

AmericanantigravityDOTcom had MANY interesting concepts and interviews that lend even more credence.

I recently watched a demonstration here in town where a guy proved and demonstrated over-unity and was looking for backing. I watched it. It worked beyond proof or doubt in a major way. Shortly after he DID get backing but was bought out and the tech was squashed. I don't think people realize how serious this issue is. How dangerous and how hard it is to get it mainstream without serious health problems suddenly arising.

Still though, you have the folks that won't believe it's possible because they were taught it's not possible and they accept that thought without question. Go find as much as you can about the Tesla story. This AC-DC stuff is flawed. I can't prove it, but many others have.

I have a question for the folks that don't believe free or even close to free energy is being stepped on. Where is the "guy" that demonstrated he could mix water with gas to burn as fuel, could burn water as a torch that could melt metal while being cool to the touch and then afterwards it went back to being water. I'm sure he's "still around" and alive but for having proved a process that everyone wants and needs, there certainly has been no fruition to his discovery.

b

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Bspiracy]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy
I recently watched a demonstration here in town where a guy proved and demonstrated over-unity and was looking for backing. I watched it. It worked beyond proof or doubt in a major way.

I would be fantastic if you started a thread on this and provided rough digrams and description of how this worked.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Just went to see Searl's site. OMG...

At low speeds, the SEG produces electrical power by absorbing it from the surrounding environment and transmitting it through the roller and ring arrangement to collectors. When the speed increases past a certain point, the apparatus becomes a superconductor that creates an incidental antigravity effect.

Yes, sure... Spin the top fast enough and it becomes a superconductor. Right...

Another quote from Searl:

I must admit that I never had ever heard of this man Isaac Newton until the end part of August 1968

Why doesn't this surprise me?

[edit on 16-1-2008 by buddhasystem]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO
p.s. don't judge this genius old man the way he's dressed!

And if you don't like the way he dresses, he posted
topless pictures of himself in the following PDF:
(warning -- lage download)
www.swallowcommand.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
I would be fantastic if you started a thread on this and provided rough digrams and description of how this worked.

I don't really care to start a thread because this stuff is really old perpetuated kind of news. Has been for a long time. Here's your diagram and what myself and a lot of people watched. Please follow along and refer to picture of course

Demo started like thus at the local fairgrounds.

Step 1.
A set of batteries were hooked directly to an industrial sized water pump. It weighed about 1500 pounds and pumped a HELLA lot of water through. It was used for draining lakes and ponds or sending water into pond or lake filtration systems.
At the start of step 1.a meter was put to all the daisy chained batteries. About 24 in each set.
The 1st set was full (shown in green)
The first set powered the water pump in a continuos pump and siphon cycle from a medium size plastic swimming pool.
It was run until the batteries were dead.

step 2.
The second set of batteries was plugged into a secret magnetic configuration within a large box about the size of the pump. The power then went from the box into the pump and the water cycle started again. At the same time power was hooked from the box with a spinning wheel on it back to the first set.

This went on for 20+ minutes straight. It took 4-5 minutes to drain the first set of batteries.

step 3. Measure the output!
Meter 1 and Meter 2 both registered as being full.

----- The box was suspended in an area where power could not have been secretly fed to it. The length of time the pump ran would have drained 5 sets of batteries, much less keep the 48 that were sitting there fully charged.

Myself and every other witness was 1000% convinced. As long as you have a source to initially start this process, you could start and stor at will with no cost other than mechanical up-keep and the cost of the "secret" magnet box built and tailored to your needs.

This was purchased and squashed within a month. At least that's been the word I've gotten from reliable sources who were also interested. There has not been a peep about this little more than a year now.

I do not remember his name. I was driving around doing whatever I do in my business when my wife called and "told me someone had told her kind of thing" and that I should go to the fairgrounds right then and there. I did and caught the beginning of the demo till I was convinced to when I had to get back to work.

I witnessed this with many others. Funny thing is that even after I 1000% know it's real, people don't believe it and say that I must have not seen "the trick"

You can dig into someones history after they have created great things and find silly bits of info that are used to discredit. In reality, people are brilliant in greater numbers than you think with a great many hurdles and skeptics to overcome.

Oh, has anyone found anything on the "water guy' ? :|

b

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Bspiracy]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

I don't want to come off sounding like a "know it all" but how you were decieved is extremely simple and I will explain how.

1. The pump or more to the point the device driving the pump is what is called a motor, now which type is unknown but if it were to run directly off DC I would assume its a wound rotor type. The loading on the pump determines how much current is drawn from the batteries and if it pulled the voltage down in 4-5 minutes as claimed to stop the pump it would be a heavy draw.

2. A wound rotor motor can work on DC and AC, but with AC the current draw is less as the reactance in the motor windings oppose current flow on every cycle. In laymans terms when the voltage swings from positive to negative the negative voltage opposes the positive current in the winding at that point in the cycle.

3. That secret box is nothing more than an inverter chopping the DC to AC wereby the motor would have less torque and hence pull less current due to the fact it has an AC voltage onto a coil ( winding in this case ) which restricts/limits current. The battery simply had less draw on it.

4. The meter showing the batteries at full is simply the effect of a train of batteries recovering to their pre drained voltage, there would be not much storage current in the cells but close to full voltage.

Conman exposed again.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

You don't come off as a "know it all" just someone who thinks he knows. And it sounds like you should know. There was a bit more to it than what you see in this diagram and the coil in the front had a great deal to do with the operation.

During the demonstration there were not just "simple folks" sitting around. There were several others like yourself with the same type of argument. While I am one of those "simple folk" when it comes to knowledge in this electricity field, I did pay enough attention during the demo to hear this argument debunked.
Don't ask me how, I just know this was addressed.

The setup was very similar to this device except a lot more beefy and of a durable construction.

I'm not in a position to say 100% that you are wrong or I am right, but I do remember your argument. Once it was discussed the guys that were challenging him in the same manner just sat there and looked extremely befuddled and i guess in a sense angry.

b

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I can't add anything to the viability/ feasibility of this disk but the "water for fuel" has been around since the 70's. Look up "water fuel" on you tube and google.

It was mentioned earlier about the gentleman who created a cutting torch that could cut through most metals but remain cool enough to touch at the nozzle. The waste product was simply water. He claims, in the interview, to have thought about trying it on a car and managed to create the engine. It goes about 100 miles on a few ounces of water. Don't kill the messenger...look it up and see for yourself. (by the way, the vid I'm talking about was a local Fox newscast) At the end of the newscast it says he is negotiating with the government. Hence, I doubt we'll see it until oil runs out and Big Oil needs a new cash crop. (IMO)

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 1234567

Hi,

I guess there's still some folks out there who haven't yet come to the realization that the Searl effect generator is a complete fantasy. I too was "bitten" by the Searl story some 30 years ago when I first heard about it. In fact, I was inspired to begin a decades-long investigation into physics (real physics) to see if I could understand how it worked.

Yes, I learned alot of physics in the intervening years,..enough that I can now state with confidence that Searl hasn't got a clue of what he's talking about. The device demonstrated on a recent youtube video is nothing more than an exotic electric motor. Notice how the roller magnets slow to a stop as soon as the power is switched off. Will wonders never cease?!

Perhaps Searl is sincere but delussional. By the way, the photos showing a flying disc were staged for a newspaper article. It's just a model hanging from wires. Do the research yourself. Think about it. What do we have after all these years?.. just stories and computer simulations!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I guess I'll try another post to see if there's anyone out there.

More on the Searl Effect fantasy:

For many years, believing the stories that were being told, I was convinced that Searl had indeed discovered some new property of electromagnetism. As I said, my fascination had led me to an in-depth study of physics to see if I could understand how his generator worked. I was willing to forgive Searl's apparent lack of education and his inability to spell as he had evidently tapped into some sort of intuitive genius that we're all supposed to have within us.

I put my suspicions aside and gave Searl the benefit of the doubt. That is until very recently when I viewed some youtube videos showing Searl's latest efforts. Suddenly all the pieces of the puzzle fell into place. It's never been anything but a complete fantasy!

Searl has perhaps an elementary school level understanding of electricity and magnetism. And as for Newton's laws,.. clueless. And then his explanations of how the device is supposed to work are completely unintelligable! Are we supposed to believe him to be more credible when he comes out dressed in a bright blue graduation gown looking like an eccentric fool?

As I stated previously, the device demonstrated is nothing more than an exotic electric motor. But maybe the really interesting stuff will begin to happen we he gets the next rings in place. If you still believe in the Searl Effect, then why not give him the money he needs to complete his generator and settle this whole business once and for all?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

More on the Searl Effect fantasy:

It's just like the Joseph Newman fiasco; Someone who believes they have discovered something when they really haven't. There's something about magnets and coils of wire that seems to make some folks go completely nuts! And then they claim that they're being persecuted, betrayed, and that their invention is being suppressed, etc. But they're willing to press on through it all if only you will give your financial support.

Why did Searl wind up in jail? Because in a fit of anger he had vandalized a power company utility pole! Why did the authorities come to his house and remove all the wiring and confiscate his equipment? Because he had bypassed the electrical metering and was stealing electricity from the power company! Why won't NASA return his phone calls? Because they know he's a lunatic!

I feel somewhat sad for Searl. Perhaps someday someone will crack the anti-gravity secrets, but it most likely will not be someone playing with magnets on the kitchen table. We hear tales of vistors from other worlds who have apparently mastered gravity, and that perhaps our government has reverse engineered some captured alien spacecraft. But for the mainstream these are just interesting but unsubstantiated stories.

I wanted to get in contact with other bloggers of like mind, like "Flowerbower" from another site, but there is never any contact info listed. Is anyone out there?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I am a regular lurker on these boards - but not yet a member ...

This topic is an interest of mine.
Have any members come across this ( supposed ) "Confirmation of the Searl Effect" by Russian scientists Roschin & Godin.

Quote from their experimental paper ...

"All the results we obtained are extremely unusual and require some theoretical explanation. Unfortunately the interpretation of results within the framework of the conventional physical theory cannot explain all the observed phenomena and first of all the change of weight. The change of weight is possible to interpret as a local change of gravity force or as an occurrence of propulsion force by repelling from its own field.

Direct experiment, confirming a presence of draft force was not performed, but in any case both interpretations of the weight change do not correspond to the modern physical paradigm and demand reconsideration of the standard theory of gravitation or criticism of the second law of Newton, both of which are only possible if we take into consideration the now-advert physical media ether as understood by Faraday-Maxwell-Mie. From the modern physics position electrization and luminescence of the converter's magnetic system in the near zone is not completely clear. The phenomenon of the magnetic and thermal "walls" may be connected with Alphen's magnetic-sound waves raised in near zone in magnetized plasma induced by a variable magnetic field of a rotating rotor [5].

At the present time we can not give an exact description of the interactions mechanism with environment and transformation of energy, but it is completely obvious, that without the use of the concept of physical media --- the ether in a sense of Faraday-Maxwell-Mie we are completely unable to give physically substantial theory of these phenomena. In conclusion, we emphasize that the issues of the biological influence effects and especially of the variations of real time stream effects, which must be taking place in an operative zone of the converter, were not considered at all. These issues are extremely important and absolutely unexplored; though there are some mentions of J.R.R.Searl about healing action of the SEG's radiation. Our own experience allows to make only cautious assumption that the short-term stay (dozen minutes) in a working zone of the converter with the fixed output power of 6 kW remains for the people without observed consequences. The present paper is only a beginning. "

This from ... www.rexresearch.com...

If Searl is deluded/a hoaxer - is this also a hoax?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I have looked into the searl effect and any one with
an ounce of electrical knowledge should see all he has
made is an exotic motor nothing more,and as for him
flying some kind of disc its pure fantasy sorry but it
has to be said fraud IMO and an old one.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join