It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 - What WIll it Bring?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Okay, I'll try to do this without sounding like a crackpot.

My first introduction to information regarding 2012 was with the Mayan Calendar ending in 2012. Apparantly, the gist is that 3,600 years ago, the planets aligned and created a corridor in which the "gods" came through and that on December 21, 2012, the planets are aligned yet again and the corridor is created and the "gods" will come back through to earth.

I was originally interested in the story, not so much for the corridor and planetary alignment portion, but more for the ending of time and it's correlation to the Bible's "and time shall be no more." Yeah, I know.. there are lots of forecasted calendar endings, but this one tweaked me for whatever reason.

Then I pondered a bit on the planetary alignment deal and what impacts that might bring to our planet. Which lead me to looking at pole shifts and that whole line of stuff. A friend eventually found ATS and linked me up here where my mind has now had plenty to digest. lol

It was here at ATS that I found references to the Sumerian texts and that sent me off looking at them and of course, the whole Nibiru/Planet X train of thought. Now, throwing Sitchin out of the mix as he is apparantly quite controversial, I am peaked by the fact that the Sumerians were very accurate in their description of the planets, their descriptions, and their orbits AND they included the extra planet, Nibiru. I have trouble understanding how they could be so accurate regarding everything else we know to be true about our solar system, yet be erroneous in an extra planet. Interesting enough, it is forecast that this extra planet is due back to us in 2012.

That was enough to spur me to go try and find some sky charts. I went to www.heavens-above.com... where I was able to pull up various skycharts for my location. As I played with the Hour and Minute setting, I was starting to see alignments. The strongest viewing for my location is for the date of Year: 2012 Month: 12 Day: 21 Hour: 10 Minute: 0

This is what the chart looks like for my location at that date and time:

Sky Chart

What I found was that by drawing a straight line from Mars to Saturn and then a second straight line from the Sun to Mercury and Venus, you end up with a corridor.

This prompted me to go back to the Sumerian texts and to try and find a source on them that is not Sitchin. I found what I was looking for here:

www.sacred-texts.com...

It was very interesting scanning through this and finding reference to the creation of man.

I have yet to have the time needed to dive deeply into the information at secred-texts but I am looking forward to doing it.

So.. now the Speculative portion of this thread:

I do beleive that in 2012, we will see a planetary alignment that creates a corridor in space. The Mayans combined with the Sumerians both basically make the same statements: "The Gods came from the sky". Planet X? Dunno, but the Sumerian drawings of the planets certainly gives some merit to the idea of such a planet's existence and I don't think it can be quickly waved off without good conversation and reasoning behind it.

So if, we're looking at a return of the "gods" which is forecast by the Mayans and also in the Bible (even though the Bible is monotheistic), it really makes me wonder how people will react. It also makes me wonder if this planetary alignment, of which the Sun and the Moon also play a role, will produce natural disasters beyond anything we have experienced in our lifetimes and if survival of such disasters will be possible. If the 3-1/2 years of tribulation do precede the end of time, we should see increased activity beginning mid-2008, no? Thoughts anyone?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I remember reading something how the Earth will be hit by the photon belt, and since photons are the highest form of light, it will activate/de-activate certain codes in our dna. This could mean we'll resonate at a higher frequency.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
What will 2012 bring?

Super Bowl XLVI, the Olympics, and various countries will hold their presidential elections. In other words, all new age quackery aside, it will be business as usual.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
i think you worded the subject wrong

what will 2012 bring?

you are mostly talking about 12-21-2012 so that only leaves 10 days left

so you should change the thread to what will the last 10 days of 2012 bring

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
My guess is also that nothing is going to change. i am not sure why people on this site, that are obviously intelligent believe that something bad is going to happen. We all know that the religious fanatics are wrong when they say that the end is coming....how is this any different? the future cannot be predicted and I think that the 2012 stuff is something that we need to get over.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It will bring confusion, panic, and great revenue to "chicken little" companies----I.E. emergency generators, non perishable food providers, duct tape and plastic vendors etc.

In effect "Y2K Redux"

Ya know what happens when the Mayan calendar ends?
Same thing that happens at midnight December 31st every year in the western world.

It starts over.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
What is Dec21 2012??? And what can be expected???

First off, lets start with my statement that I'm not a "religious" person. Religion is bases upon real events but it is mixed with much mythology and foolishness. That doesn't mean there's not a core of truth.

We, here on the planet have great ages as our planet spins through space. As a great clock so that mankind might know what time it is on the planet these understandings get lost and found through the years.

We are at the very end of the age of Pieces, it is the change of the "AGE". Now if you realize the age is changing, and that the age is the movement through a sign, it shouldn't be too hard to think of that long time period in association with a "month" of time because a month of human time is about the distance through one sign too.

As we have 12 months a year. There are 12 "ages" in a great year. As we have 4 seasons in year, also a great year has 4 seasons.

In association with this change of the "AGE", we are also moving from one season to another.

This is the "Age" and "Season" spoken about by the man known as "Jesus".

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
2012 hmmmm i think it will come and go,pass without incident.i know the mayan calender ends around the time,23rd december 2012 i've heard from somewhere but it ended for a reason and i don't think it's the end of us as a race,that started a long time ago.
If anything is going to happen it's going to be a slow process that takes many many years.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
One little incident can set us off on the doomsday ticker. To many signs are present to deny the 2012 time frame. When the world moves toward nuclear war thats when the Great warning from God happens and the Great tribulation begins. The anti-Christ brings the world away from war for a time and begins his rule. God destroys anti-Christ in December. Jesus will come back in December as its told in the bible. It says to look toward the heavens to see the signs then you will know when the end is near.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I predict that 2012 will usher in many new calendars featuring kittens and puppies doing very cute things. Many people, particularly women, will buy these new calendars and hang them up near their desks, so that they can both keep track of the days and enjoy the cuteness of the little animals. That's my prediction, and I'm sticking with it!

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeff Riff
My guess is also that nothing is going to change. i am not sure why people on this site, that are obviously intelligent believe that something bad is going to happen. We all know that the religious fanatics are wrong when they say that the end is coming....how is this any different? the future cannot be predicted and I think that the 2012 stuff is something that we need to get over.

Yeah, man, but we're talking about Mayans and Hopi Indians here! And they're like holy and sacred or something, right? And notice how the number are all ones and twos? 12/21/12! That's gotta mean something.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Apsaroke made some fine points. If you don't agree and all you can post is sarcasms then don't post. If on the other hand you don't agree and you post reasoned arguments then that's fine. It seems to me Apsaroke did a fair amount of research and it’s a bit unfair but if it makes you feel important to reduce this work to a few smart a$$ remarks or to try and humilate the poster then so be it... Children will be children...

Apsaroke, it was an interesting post and an interesting read. I liked the alignment / corridor theory and I do follow the argument. I appreciate it and I do like reading stuff like this. So... you have at least one fan here...
Thanks for the post...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Thanks, Perplexed.

I don't mind the sarcasm. I do know how cracked it all sounds. I have trouble getting past how many external and non-connected references there are to the year 2012 as being a very significant year.

I don't think I referred that it will definately result in a doomsday deal, but rather, musing over why this particular year holds so much meaning across many different belief systems.

And as a post noted, 12/21/2012 is also when the Age of Aquarius begins which is supposed to usher in a new age of enlightenment. Shoot...there is even a reference to the Roswell crash and the year 2012 located in another thread here at ATS. That theory is based on numerical data and numerology and has next to nothing to do with Mayan or Biblical predictions.

I have been surprised that the planetary alignment has received very little attention. Throw out all the religious or ancient civilization stuff, and we're still left with the scientific reality of a planetary alignment of a magnitude that we ourselves have never experienced. Considering the impact that only the moon has on our ocean tides, etc, one has to contemplate what effects our going to be experienced from this alignment.

I'm no science expert and hopefully someone here will be able to provide some insight... but one thing that had me curious with the "corridor" that gets created is what is occuring in the center of that corridor in the mix of the gravitional pulls from each of those planets?

I've also been pretty intrigued by how quickly people dismiss historical recordings of this planet having been host to people from another planet. Even the Bible refers to chariots in the sky and people being "taken up" to God. Enoch for example. I don't know if people dismiss these things quickly becuase it is an uncomfortable thought or what, but it is interesting.

I do know that we're seeing shifts in our weather patterns. Here in TN, just a few days ago, we were under tornado warnings...very odd for January. Last summer we encountered drought-like conditions that had us under water restrictions (something I've never experienced living here).

Now..even if this can be explained as a "natural earth cycle" and you throw out the global warming and planetary alignment stuff, you're still facing real conditions that need to be addressed. Take a look at how Hurricane Katrina impacted this country (USA). This area like many others received a new influx of people in very large numbers, very quickly. This placed a strain on employment opportunities and housing availability.

Now consider what happened in our mini-drought this past summer. Natural ponds and wells dried up, leaving cattle farmers without water or hay. TN farmers had to go states away just to find feed. These are real things regardless of the reasons behind them.

Now if there is a connection to future events that are forecasted to 2012 via different modes of thought, then we can expect an increase in such "natural events" which means an increase in the impacts of those "natural events". It's kind of reminding me about the Biblical story about the Bridesgroom coming. Who will have kept their lamps ready and who will not have?

I do hope that 2012 turns out to be another Y2K, but just in case, I feel very lucky to have 10 acres of land that we are using to increase our self-sufficiency. It's not so much the disasters themselves I worry about being prepared for so much as we all know how the masses react in a disaster setting. Shoot... give folks here a forecast of 1" of snow and the stores get cleaned out. Now give them a disaster that really impacts them and it isn't going to be pretty.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Here is what I think will happen in 2012.

As we slowly approach that year, 2012 doomsday threads will become more and more prevalent on ATS. By late 2011 we will be swimming in them; you will have trouble finding posts on other topics. Throughout that year 2012, tensions will build, and the doomsday threads will slowly be replaced by I told you nothing would happen threads, leading up to December 21 2012, at which point nothing will happen. On January 1st 2013, another swing in popular thread topics will take place, and the forum will for at least 2 months be dominated with threads bemoaning whoever the authors of various 2012 doomsday books are.

THEY TOOK OUR MONEYS! IT IS A CONSPIRACY!

[edit on 16-1-2008 by WuTang]

[edit on 16-1-2008 by WuTang]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well, personally I have no idea where we will be in 2012 and what the condition of our world will be. However, I do notice that we spend a great amount of time trying to figure our future. As for 2012 and the years leading up to it, if indeed that were some specific date that we are to note and I was trying to compare it in reference to what the Bible had to say, I would have to conclude with the following scripture:
Luke 21: 25-26
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; 26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

No matter what, we will have to reach a point in time where people are dropping dead of heart attacks caused by immense FEAR.

That will be one of your key things to watch for.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The Mayan calendar is cyclical. It'll just start over again. Fearing its ending is akin to fearing the day after Dec 31st.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeff Riff

IT wont end but civilizations will, they have before, why not again?

IT WILL HAPPEN AT SOME POINT!

[edit on 16-1-2008 by DigitalKid]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
You're post asks the basic question, "what will 2012 bring?".

My guess is that it'll bring a bunch of conspiracy theories about 2016, or some other future time.

It seems that this "great change", "disclosure", or whatever else is all just a carrot that we hold in front of ourselves to give us something exiting to look forward to.

In reality things of great importance are happening all around us right now in good old 2008. This is the main reason that I don't get too concerned about what the future may or may not hold.

We all should probably spend a little more time worrying about the things that are happening now. Let the future come to you on its own.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Polarity shifts are a fact. They have happened in the past and will happen again in the future. This alignment of the planets might make this happen, I am not sure because I have not done enough research on the matter. What a polarity shift means for our civlized life, who knows, maybe we will see in december 2012.

I learned this in my Earth class in high school so its been a while but I remember my teacher saying that somewhere on the bottom of the ocean are rift valleys. Along with these rift valleys are magnetic metals. The ocean floor moves like a tenth of a centimeter a year or so and these metals have had a pattern of being attracted to the north and the south over the course of time. This is what I remember as the proof that polarity shifts have happened in the past.

Sure would be an interesting thing to live through. Hopefully it is not a violent process. That is, if it even happens.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I personally like to think of it as peace and quiet from all the idiotic voices in humanity. As only those that will survive will be special and not idiots.

I'll just be glad when it's over!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join