It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody watch the Terminator Sarah Chronicles?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Fem bot is a fem bot is a fem bot. Tell me you wouldnt want at least 2.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by secret titan

Oh good grief! Give it a rest already.Stop with the sequels and prequels and get some originality. My god.:shk:When Arnold said "I'll be back" I doubt he meant over and over again for 20+ years.
The first T movie was the best in my book also.
Had a crush on Kyle Reece.But hey, I was 13.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I don't know what you people are expecting from a TV SHOW but it's not surprising that not one of the shows 'critics' here has given more than a glossed-over reason for why the show "just sucked" so bad. Just saying "teenage-girl terminators" with a question-mark is not a critique. For example, the Terminator mythos goes beyond just the movies and has been expanded into graphic-novels and comic book series that compliment the story line quite well. They include Terminators of all shapes, sizes and species and if you're familiar with the robot race in the story then you know there'd be no reason they wouldn't do exactly that.

And the teenage girl is the very captivating Summer Glau from Firefly/Serenity, She plays a slightly different type of Terminator. She seems a little less indestructible but has a more advanced A.I.. She can still kick ass though and has a great scene where she beats up 3 drunken frat boys while nude. And you nerds are complaining? You're not fooling anyone. You're still nerds. Quit trying to be so cool.

I'm a fan of the Terminator movies but really not a fan of TV. I'm not easily entertained but when I want to be I don't make the mistake of setting my expectations too high. To me this series has already shown that it has reverence for the established tone of the story. There are plenty of references for familiarity sake and I think the show has definite potential.

I know I'm gonna get flamed here but at least I'm trying to stay on topic. If you didn't like it, why don't you do what I did and write a review? Don't just say "it suXOr3d"... Tell us why you think so.

[Edit - for syntax]

[edit on 1/18/2008 by Teratoma]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm putting on the flame-retardant undies...

I actually liked it even though I thought it would be cheesy. Suprisingly it wasn't. It's a decent show that I found certainly entertaining, but then I'm able to just get into the fantasy world and enjoy it.

Sure a teenage Terminator might be suprising, but if you listened and noticed other plot points, they've basically shown that future John Connor set-up certain things. The bank vault time machine, jumping ahead 8 years, the Terminator that more John's age (in this time), sending people back with specific skills were all examples of that in just the first two episodes.

So, in the end I liked it and will continue to watch. It beats American Gladiators.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
It beats American Gladiators.

Let's not get carried away here!

But since it's the terminator thread, I will not derail it much. The show would probably have a much better chance if the movie had never came out, or if Arnold wasn't in the rest of them. I think people are just starting to get tired of the movies.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
After watching the first two episodes.... meh. Its alright, not as bad as I was expecting, which is a good thing. The Teenminator is hot, but doesn't seem like a terminator robot. I'm sure thats the point, but it bugs the crap out of me. And did anyone else notice that in the first episode that the male Terminator could not hit a darn thing. I mean he was like 4-5 yards from the kid and missed. I guess thats why the humans haven't been wiped out in the future, robots can't aim. I'll watch the next one, but lets just say I won't get upset if I miss one.

Oh yeah, T2 was definitely the best one.

[edit on 1/18/2008 by Kronik98]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The first three shows are moderately okay.

It feels like most other new shows do, like the writers and actors are still trying to find their rhythm.

Honestly, it feels a lot like the first episodes of Jericho did. Great premise, so so execution. But Jericho found itself in the second half of the season, so I'm hoping this show does too.

They've got a decent story going, and the pacing is pretty good. I just hope they can put together some tighter shows and the acting steps up a notch.

But this is the way all new shows start. Watch the first season of CSI and you'll be amazed how bad the first several episodes were.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join