It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lets talk about coffee

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gunner36

well, done and done...
this weekend i will be going to target to buy a coffee grinder....i can use the blender but i don't want to bust it out to just do a pots worth at a time you know...what you said makes more sense...

should i grind em down into a nice powder or how they normally come in the cans or what....

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
You made a good decision, keep the blender for making margaritas and milk shakes. I usually grind them to about the consistency of what you find in the can. After you become intimate with your grinder, you will know by the sound, and the feel of the grinder working in your hand when it is done. You must become one with the grinder. It is hard to go wrong with it, even if there are a couple of lumps, it will still brew a good cup. I would be careful about too fine though, that can cause it to get through the filter and into the pot, doesnt hurt anything just gives it a little thickness.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by gunner36]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I love coffee!!

First thing in the morning, I prefer folgers, medium roast. I don't want any other kind while I'm waking up. After I'm up and around, I'll drink any kind
I don't like decapitated coffee at all, it doesn't do a thing for me.

Now that pumpkin coffee you mentioned, I can't wait for fall to come every year so I can have some of that. I drink my coffee black... always!

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Until my fathers death he tried to make a coffee drinker out of me. The instant I would enter his home he would offer me a cup of coffee and seemed disappointed and bewildered when I refused. The man must have had coffee flowing through his veins as he drank it from morning until bed time.

I dare not phone my closest friend in the mornings until she has had time to drink at least 3 cups of coffee. She is not human until her coffee. The only time I have tried coffee was one winter years ago when I was riding my motorcycle and got caught in freezing rain and had to get home. I stopped at every exit for a hot cup to keep me from freezing.

I want to know what coffee does for a person. Please be as descriptive as possible. What would it do for me? How would I feel? Surely there must be some magic ingredient in coffee because I see people looking like they are must get their coffee at all risks. My friend and I traveled the entire east coast two years ago and she had a coffee kit she took with us in the car. She could plug it into the cigarette lighter in case we got stranded. Gees.... how come I never got hooked on coffee? It must be some really good stuff.

"Boons Beans" lol good one Ducky.

Dizzie

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

I love the smell of coffee. But, I hate the taste. Now I haven't tryed all the coffee's out there so their may be a type I like. I don't know. I tryed the normal coffee and finally I added 3 creams and 3 sugars to it and I was able to drink it. But, I just think the taste is so bitter and nasty.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

I'm like that too. I love the smell of coffee, mmmmm, but the taste?
I don't understand how something that smells so amazing can taste so horrible.

The only coffee I like is full of chocolatey goodness.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

Is that a Canadian thing Duzey? I've never seen one of those before. Maybe I should pay more attention to the candy isle

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

It used to be a Canadian thing but some guy started a petition to have them in the US. After six years he was successful and as of Fall 2006, Coffee Crisp is available for sale in the US. Not that many stores carry it, but they had them at Fred Meyer last time I went south.

How do you like your coffee? Crisp.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
We have Fred Meyers here. I'll buy one and try it

Thanks Duzey!

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Now I'm no big coffee drinker, mind you, but I have learned to appreciate the stuff. A few cups a week is what I have, at most. Usually it's just a white mocha from starbucks...I love those. As far as normal coffee goes, i prefer milk over creme and a decent amount of sugar.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by testrat
I am addicted to Dunkin Dounuts coffee.

Agreed, they know their coffee. They sell more than any other. I bought a grinder for Christmas and I buy the whole bean at the grocery store. I love the stuff. This is me with coffee--->:w:

top topics

<< 1   >>

join