It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Supreme Court Denies Certiorari

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Without comment, the Supreme Court decided not to hear We The People v. United States, a case which, if heard, would have required the Court to declare -- for the first time history -- whether the Government is obligated to respond to proper Petitions by ordinary, private individuals for Redress of Grievances – specifically Grievances alleging unconstitutional behavior by the Government, and whether the individual having so Petitioned, has the Right to act to peacefully hold the Government accountable if the Government refuses to respond.

The decision by the Supreme Court has grave consequences for the future of individual Rights, Freedom and Liberty, popular sovereignty, government accountability and the great experiment in (self) government that is America. Any Right that is not enforceable is not a Right.

Source

It's just a damn piece of paper anyway.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Thanks for finding this, TGRH. I had heard that the SCOTUS was going to review this case. This is a very sad day, indeed. This is a direct Middle Finger to the People. It has blatantly stated that the govt is not in any way accountable to the people. Hubris at its finest.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

Thanks for being concerned. I was starting to think people thought this was something that didn't matter or somehow didn't affect them.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Quite honestly I was waiting until not so many curse words entered my mind when thinking about it to post.

Worrisome indeed, and a good indicator of the state of affairs here in our country.

*curses*

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
Worrisome indeed, and a good indicator of the state of affairs here in our country.

What Country ??
This is a fascist regime now didn't you hear ???
Not only has Bush been nation building in the middle east
but here as well. It is a covert change, one right at a time
til there are none left.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonSays

I can't tell if you are being faceitious or not but we are getting very close either way.

It's the boiling frog effect.

top topics

join