It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transit panel urges gas tax increase (by 40 cents a gallon!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Transit panel urges gas tax increase (by 40 cents a gallon!)

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - A special commission is urging the government to raise federal gasoline taxes by as much as 40 cents per gallon over five years as part of a sweeping overhaul designed to ease traffic congestion and repair the nation's decaying bridges and roads.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Remember when our gas hit the mid 2-dollar range a few months ago and alot of people thought that we were out of the water. Well, there is no hope for gas prices ever going down again, they will only go up up up. The day of the 5 dollar gallon is very close!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Who was it who predicted $200 a barrel oil for the not so distant future?

No surprise really.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
In reading that article it looks like that is really going to happen. Previous gas tax increases have been stopped by the current administration. It also says that these tax hikes will go into effect after the current administration leaves office. So if this is not something you want then I suggest all of you who are in the U.S. start contacting your representative when this comes around to a vote.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
How about we give Pakistan or Israel a few billion less this year and put it back into our own infrastructure? Maybe, spend less money bombing Iraq and more money on roads and schools? Nah... lets raise gas prices higher so that the average American can barely afford to live. That seems like the better choice.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
How about we give Pakistan or Israel a few billion less this year and put it back into our own infrastructure? Maybe, spend less money bombing Iraq and more money on roads and schools? Nah... lets raise gas prices higher so that the average American can barely afford to live. That seems like the better choice.

I agree with Karl!
Maybve we should stop sending billions of dollars abroad, stop paying for an illegal war that cannot be won, and end all of the rediculous pork barrel spending like bridges in Alaska to nowhere (Except for some politicans property that he wants to sell:@@
, peanut museums and the like.

I'm willing to bet if these worthless POS politicians actually did their jobs we would have billions upon billions to reinvest in infrastructure. Instead this is the crap that we get from our elected officilas - the Speaker of The House no less - Nancy Pelosi's Congressional Makeover

As I've always said: How can you tell a politicans is lying? Their lips are moving! It really is time to hang these people from all of the trees and lightposts in DC!

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

I agree totally agree...I have another solution legalize marijuana and tax it. We would save millions fighting it and we would make millions more taxing it so we could fix our roads...if it cant be legal then neither should beer or cigarettes.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I am not surprised at all the current tax rate on a gallon of gas in Missouri is .17 cents and the federal is currently 18.4 cents, add these two together and you get 35.4 that we in Missouri are currently paying, now add the .40 cents that is proposed and we will then be paying 75.4 cents a gallon that is ridiculous..

All I can say is that I am glad I don't drive everywhere..

you can figure your tax rate at the following sites and man I feel sorry for you New Yorkers, and Wisconsinites

NY state tax is 31.9 and Wisconsin is 32 cents this is on every gallon of gas that you pump.. and does not include the federal tax..

www.gaspricewatch.com...

Like was said above how about we stop spending abroad and kick all these people off of welfare and let our taxes pay for the road like they are supposed to....

anyway have a great day

Respectfully
GEO

[edit on 1/15/2008 by geocom]

[edit on 1/15/2008 by geocom]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Or you can solve all the nations problems mybigunit style by checking this out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I'm willing to bet if these worthless POS politicians actually did their jobs we would have billions upon billions to reinvest in infrastructure. Instead this is the crap that we get from our elected officilas - the Speaker of The House no less - Nancy Pelosi's Congressional Makeover

As I've always said: How can you tell a politicans is lying? Their lips are moving! It really is time to hang these people from all of the trees and lightposts in DC!

I could have not said it better myself.

kick all these people off of welfare

As nice as that idea is it will never happen because we are on the verge of becoming a Nanny State.

top topics

join