It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Set to OK Cloned Meat and Milk

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra

But logic doesn't always paint the whole of the picture for us.

A meat-blob is technically life, even if we managed to create it without a brain. So that begs the question: does it therefore have any consciousness? Does it perhaps even have a soul?

^^^^religion can't even stay out of our blobs of meat.....the hell. i want my blob of angus...if there is no heart. no brain..i don't see how they can claim it has a soul but i have a feeling they will try to do so anyway.

What kind of tortured existance is it to be a meat blob? Would it be worse than a cow in present conditions? Better? The same?

^^^^^^i don't think the question applies. i mean the cow can eat/sleep/drink/feel, etc.....the meat blob can do none of those things...it's about as alive as a head of lettuce and the religious folk don't scream murder when we make a salad.

i rather like the idea of culturing up big, giant ass blobs of meat..that would be fantastic...have a bunch of rump roasts growing in their own little container. then, they can still harvest beef the ole fashion way, via a real live cow..
people can make their own choice. cultured or natural. cheap or expensive.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

thats not cloned meat though.
thats just a lot of offspring via artificial means of impregnating. not the same

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This is nothing more than another boost for corporate American, cloned meat will become cheaper and easily available regardless of the poor quality or consequences to human beings.

While a piece of non cloned meat will become very expensive and rare.

Nothing but another money making scam with disregard for peoples safety.

I guess is time for me to go vegan.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Is the meat grown on a petri dish of sorts or is the whole animal cloned? I'd be fine with petri-grown meat... in fact I'd prefer it. I stopped eating meat completely a while ago, but I'd eat it again if it were grown external from the cow and didn't pose any health risks.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

the petri dish meat was brought up by a member here. i would be on board for that though....get a nice factory going with a sterile environment and a # ton of dishes growing crazy amounts of beef.
hell yes. good for making jerky

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
reply to post by Kruel

the petri dish meat was brought up by a member here. i would be on board for that though....get a nice factory going with a sterile environment and a # ton of dishes growing crazy amounts of beef.

i actually saw a show recently on steaks that are grown in labs. Apparently, they tasted pretty good according to the anchor.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

i actually saw a show recently on steaks that are grown in labs. Apparently, they tasted pretty good according to the anchor.

i'd try it....why the hell not.
like i said, seems like this could be the logical progression.

i would try a porterhouse that was raised up all fat and juicy in a lab. toss me some A-1...i'm good to go

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78get a nice factory going with a sterile environment and a # ton of dishes growing crazy amounts of beef.

That's the other thing, growing the stuff in a clean environment so we wouldn't have to worry about all the blood and # getting flung about. No more madcow, e-coli, or at least less of a chance of it.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tetragrammation

is this where i am supposed to be offended?
just checking cause i got an lol out of it...

nice tag chief

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I wonder if we will ever get to a point where the technology allows people to clone their own food? That's the day I am waiting on. Of course there is probably 500 years away so lets hope they invent something that allows me to live a long time too.

I do not have any problems with cloned food, cloned animals, or cloned organs. I do not think we need to clone people but not because I think it is evil - just unnecessary. If there is one thing that human beings know how to do well it is reproduce quickly in vast numbers.

I am not afraid of scientific advancements and I definitely do not want other people's religious beliefs slowing down science, medicine and technology. There has been enough of that already.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
*It's People! Soylent Green is People!* Sorry... just had too. I have mixed feelings about cloned meat. It'd solve a lot of hunger needs for people, but on the one hand is it safe? The FDA says it is, but do they really know if it is or not? That and it just feels off to me, not wrong, not right, just off. I think more research and longer periods of time need to be looked at better.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
I wonder if we will ever get to a point where the technology allows people to clone their own food?

I do not have any problems with cloned food, cloned animals, or cloned organs. I do not think we need to clone people but not because I think it is evil

I am not afraid of scientific advancements and I definitely do not want other people's religious beliefs slowing down science, medicine and technology. There has been enough of that already.

damn mang. i agree with all this.
being able to clone your own food would be the shizz. grab up a big ass porterhouse and clone that dude whenever you're in the mood for a fat steak.
i don't have problems with cloning people, but as you said, i just don't think it is needed.
i always think about the movie the island. what if you could have yourself cloned and just kept in a vegetative type state or the brain kept in a state of flux like the matrix...you could have pt's come in and work the extremeties so the muscles would not atrophy and such.

then for example when another one of my discs in my back crumbles, instead of going for titanium and a cadaever, i could actually get a disc from my clone.
why not? i really don't see anything morally or ethically wrong with that.
if the tech is there then why not use it?

i'm with you in not wanting people to shove their trip down my throat. i don't need any of that jazz.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacSen191
*It's People! Soylent Green is People!* Sorry... just had too. I have mixed feelings about cloned meat. It'd solve a lot of hunger needs for people, but on the one hand is it safe? The FDA says it is, but do they really know if it is or not? That and it just feels off to me, not wrong, not right, just off. I think more research and longer periods of time need to be looked at better.

you bring up another good point....the whole world hunger thing might be able t get under control.
NATHANS HOT DOGS FOR EVERYONE....

as far as it being safe just cause the fda says it is, how do we know the stuff we eat/drink now is safe?
i mean, the fda approves it. there is stuff on the net we could read but how do we really know if it is safe for consumprion.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
if its proven safe and most importanly tasty id eat cloned meat hell yeah, clone me some tenderloin or quality porkchops and id be good to go. as for the meat blob idea im all for it i mean hell at that point it isent even a animal any more its just a blob of cultured muscle and fat whats not to love. although i do belive labbeling should be mandatory so everyone has a choice, i belive in todays day everyone should have the right to choose what they put in to there bodys and if that means cloned meat will be cheaper then that just means i can buy more and that to me is one happy thought.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

i wouldn't want you be offended, it's good thing that you laugh. i'm laughing at your opinins too when i read the kind of things you're saying. it's ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetragrammation
reply to post by Boondock78

i wouldn't want you be offended, it's good thing that you laugh. i'm laughing at your opinins too when i read the kind of things you're saying. it's ridiculous.

i don't get offended so lets get that out of the way.
i don't know what you think is rediculous but everything i said in here i meant

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It's not like they will clone the worst animals they will be the best in all reguards. You could actually quit adding groth hormones and such because the steers would be the best of the best. It would still involve artificial insemination at till the factory growing vats are up and running

mikell

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Despite widespread public disapproval, FDA is not planning to require labeling of products from cloned animals, keeping already wary consumers in the dark," Food and Water Watch, an advocacy group, said in a statement.

See this is what I am talking about. They just don't care. They will do to you what they want!!!!!

link

[edit on 15-1-2008 by Shar]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
we've probably already eaten cloned meat. a healthy quantity of meat
is imported these days and you KNOW the feds aren't checking it as needed!!!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join