It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The vile rants of the Koran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

You'll get no argument from me on all those points (minus the assumption for examples sake, of course, that is a matter of opinion, one better left for other forums perhaps)

If god lays the law and is the judge of all things eternal, then let god do the judging, not humans in the name of god.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

So your attempts to dismiss the more barbaric acts that occur in Muslim countries as "cultural" are erroneous and deliberately misleading.

In fact there is no difference at all, they are manifestations of the Islamic religion.
The followers of the Islamic religion are instructed to obey the laws of "host" nations whilst actively working for the imposition of Sharia Law.
That my friend is SUBVERSION
www.dictionary.net...

I follow no religous creed or dogma.
My beliefs are exactly that; mine.

The Koran sets out a series of dictates that aims to control every aspect of an individuals life and offers little, if any, free will.
I reject any God that demands I follow his every whim regardless of how barbaric it is.
Why would "God" want someone to lead such a miserable, uncaring and unhappy life?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Reply to InSpiteOf

Secondly, where would they go in the west? You said it 1.2 billion muslims, how many are women? lets say half for easy measure, thats a hell of a lot of refugees with no where to go, no one to take them in, and

Just because they cant leave, doesnt mean they dont want to.

You have got enough money to send tankers to collect free oil in ME.You have trillions to spend on weapons.
So the West is more bothered about spending on wars, weapons and natural resources But not saving half a Bil oppressed woman?
Aren’t The West the TRUE freedom fighters and will FREE everyone oppressed?

Religious dogma over biology. The homosexuals I know didnt just choose to find the same sex attractive; they didnt wake up one day and go "you know, that chick has a great rack! Id love to get in there!"

You say ‘biology’ but it doesn’t look like you know anything about it.
Give me solid evidence that being homosexual is a natural occurrence?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
You have got enough money to send tankers to collect free oil in ME.You have trillions to spend on weapons.

You'll get no argument from me on those points. I believe the multi-billlion dollar arms market, and the oil and drug market that follows behind it, should be drastically slashed or eliminated in order to increase social spending for the betterment of human life both locally and globally.

If the countries governed by Islam were to have that cash, would they spend it on imposing Islam on the world, or bettering the lives of the words citizens?

Aren’t The West the TRUE freedom fighters and will FREE everyone oppressed?

No, far from it. Western leaders have a nack for causing much suffering and misery in a host of countries. But that doesnt mean the leaders of Islam would be any better.

You say ‘biology’ but it doesn’t look like you know anything about it.
Give me solid evidence that being homosexual is a natural occurrence?

Can you offer any soild proof that homosexuality is a choice over a natural occurence?

How about the fact that humans arent the only animals on the planet that have homosexual tendencies?

From a museum showcase:
Against Nature ?

We may have opinions on a lot of things, but one thing is clear: Homosexuality is found throughout the Animal Kingdom. It is not against nature.

Source

Giraffes have all-male orgies. So do bottlenose dolphins, killer whales, gray whales, and West Indian manatees. Japanese macaques, on the other hand, are ardent lesbians; the females enthusiastically mount each other. Bonobos, one of our closest primate relatives, are similar, except that their lesbian sexual encounters occur every two hours. Male bonobos engage in "penis fencing," which leads, surprisingly enough, to ejaculation. They also give each other genital massages

Source

Do you have anything to say about the fact that it shold be God that judges a person and not a person judging in the name of God?

[edit on 15-1-2008 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Stoning homosexuals to death and killing jews? Appalling. Absolutely appalling. Your whole "we are superiour to you", "our book is better than yours", "we will never change" confirms the scripture quoted in the opening post.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Reply to InSpiteOf

How about the fact that humans arent the only animals on the planet that have homosexual tendencies?

Ohh man people who think humans are animals also tend behave like animals.

I said ‘Give me solid evidence that being homosexual is a natural occurrence?’

Let me make my question abit more clear.

Give me solid evidence that being homosexual is a natural occurrence in HUMANS?

Not comparing humans with animals.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Reply to Skyfloating

Stoning homosexuals to death and killing jews? Appalling. Absolutely appalling.

You were complaining about cultural practises And i told you what the ISlamic practise is.

And Where did I say kill Jews?

Appall all you want.
Can you make a change? NOPE
Will your argument change anything? NOPE
Will you have to live with 1.2Bil Muslim and accept the way they live? YUP
Did you get anywhere? NOPE

Your whole "we are superiour to you", "our book is better than yours", "we will never change" confirms the scripture quoted in the opening post.

Don’t the Christains,Jews,athiests think they are better than others?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
i would also like to address teh claim that the Quran was not edited and is the direct wod of God.

Im the first to admit I do not know much about Islam, but what do you have to say about the claims made on this website?

How and Why the Quran was standardized

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Ohh man people who think humans are animals also tend behave like animals.

Humans are animals. If you want to ignore biology thats fine but that doesnt make you right, it makes you ignorant.

Let me make my question abit more clear.

Give me solid evidence that being homosexual is a natural occurrence in HUMANS?

Not comparing humans with animals.

In other words, I answered your question, you cannot refute it, therefore, you should change the question.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Reply to InSpiteOf

Im the first to admit I do not know much about Islam, but what do you have to say about the claims made on this website?

Yup once you are out of ideas than you start searching propaganda sites to claim yourself right. Its a classic way to divert attention.

Humans are animals. If you want to ignore biology thats fine but that doesnt make you right, it makes you ignorant.

Haha well you are definetly an animal But not me matey.
Like I said if you believe you’re an animal and you wana behave like an animal, than you can carry on..

In other words, I answered your question, you cannot refute it, therefore, you should change the question.
You have answered nothing.

Prove to me scientifically that in humans have homosexuality occurring naturally in them.Give me evidence Eg. Is it in human Genes…

The problem is you wont be able to find propaganda sites on that...But dont give up matey..

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

And Where did I say kill Jews?

You didnt. Your scripture supports it.

Don’t the Christains,Jews,athiests think they are better than others?

Yes. Does that make it good? No. Its been causing bloody murder since centuries.

You know...you dont change because youve been taught that if you dont adhere to religious law, you will go to hell.

Your "choice" of religion is no choice, its born out of fear. Pure fear.

Should I ever worship any God, I will worship a God who instills Love, not Fear.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Reply to InSpiteOf

Reply To Samuel Green's "The Seven Readings Of The Qur'an"

www.islamic-awareness.org...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Reply to Skyfloating

Should I ever worship any God, I will worship a God who instills Love, not Fear.

Depends on how you look at God.
We have both fear of God and Love for God so that we keep ourselves on the right path which leads to heaven. If we don’t fear God and follow the wrong path we go to hell.
This Life is a Test and if you love God than you also follow his rules. The real life is after Death and its eternal.

So why not sacrifice couple years and follow Gods rules and please God and the reward will be heaven forever?

It’s a Test.
Only those who pass it will get the reward and those who failed it will be punished.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Why does "God" want to test us?
What is the purpose?

You continue to cherry pick which questions to reply to and you consistently move the goalposts to the questions you choose to answer.

You previously dismissed accusations of barbarism as cultural but when shown that culture and religion go hand in hand, how do you now justify the acts of barbarism?
With ignorance.
Your support of Sharia Law is an act of subversion; a charge you fail to respond to.

When shown evidence of homosexuality within nature you refuse to accept it and rephrase your reply in such a way that it is unanswerable.

The Koran contains numerous barbaric instructions and has led to countless atrocities.
Islam has regressed during the last century and it's all controlling dogma leaves no room for free will or free thought.
I suspect it is this basic difference in the two cultures which leads to the constant confrontation.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

At least you are unmoving (firm) in your faith. I guess in some cultures this unwavering submission can be seen as a virtue.

In our modern culture we call unwavering faith fanatasicm. Science teaches us to question and analyze everything.

The disadvantage of your attitude is that you will learn nothing outside of your fixed belief.

The advantage of your attitude is that it provides some stability and strength.

But beware....hard wood can be broken, fluid water cannot.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Reply to Freeborn

You previously dismissed accusations of barbarism as cultural but when shown that culture and religion go hand in hand, how do you now justify the acts of barbarism?
With ignorance.
Your support of Sharia Law is an act of subversion; a charge you fail to respond to.

To me Sharia Law is peace and cultural practice is barbarism.Sharia Law every Muslim follows and cultural practices are done by individual/group of people and Not everyone follows.
So how am i subverting??

When shown evidence of homosexuality within nature you refuse to accept it and rephrase your reply in such a way that it is unanswerable.

I said prove it to me scientifically not Compare. You cant compare and say that’s the evidence. Its unanswerable because homosexuality doesn’t exist in humans, its not in genes/DNA, it’s a DESIRE.

The Koran contains numerous barbaric instructions and has led to countless atrocities.
Islam has regressed during the last century and it's all controlling dogma leaves no room for free will or free thought.

If its barbaric than why are 1.2Bil Muslim following it?
Why is it the fastest growing religion in the world?
Why isn’t the oppressed being saved by the West?

Islam has always been increasing and will always increase.

If free thoughts make you think you are an Animal and Homosexuality is the way forward for the human race in future. Than NO THANKS Matey..

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Reply to Skyfloating

In our modern culture we call unwavering faith fanaticism. Science teaches us to question and analyze everything.

To me everything stated in Islam is perfect.
Science keeps changing as new theories keep coming and going.

The disadvantage of your attitude is that you will learn nothing outside of your fixed belief.

My belief teaches me everything I need to know. Other things keep changing as time passes.

The advantage of your attitude is that it provides some stability and strength.

The Aim of life is to praise God and please him. You will indeed be rewarded if you follow his way.

But beware....hard wood can be broken, fluid water cannot.

Firm Faith in Allah can never be broken, without Faith in Allah One is indeed broken.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Reply to Skyfloating

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Sharia Law supports honour killings.
Sharia Law supports women being punished for being raped.
Sharia Law supports the sugjugation of women.

On the one hand you dismiss such actions as cultural yet you also admit that you support Sharia Law.
A contradiction, MATEY.

I think it's pretty obvious that the culture of the middle east helped shape the Islamic religion and through the years Islam has also helped shape the cultural development within the region.

You fail to recognise an explanation on homosexuality which certainly educated me, (I would describe myself as tolerant, at best, of homosexuality).

Islam has regressed in the last century or so and is something similair to what Christianity was during the Dark Ages and The Spanish Inquisition.
Fortunately, most Christians have progressed slightly since then.

I will defend your right to believe in what you want to believe in.
I will actively resist any attempt that you or anyone else makes to impose their beliefs and opinions upon me or my country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join