It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deny Arrogance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin

Why is it that you only want to focus on my humor and not any of the points I raised in regards to your question?

Join the club my friend. The OP took my humor out of context in the thread the complaint is based on as well and quoted that, but completely ignored the bulk of my post.

I don't have a problem with the whining by the OP, but since I was quoted again here - and I see a repeat of what was done there I thought I'd add my .02.

I think the OP takes itself a little too seriously and could take a chill pill and realize that we all don't think alike and accept it at that or it can run around and complain as if on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

I suggest it rubs the lotion on it's skin then puts it back in the bucket!

I never meant to offend the OP, but I got jumped all over for one little comment.

And the comment about someone's behavior being a jr. high mentality gives you an idea of what we're dealing with here. Peace - out - all.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I apologise for my transgressions.

If they were taken out of context, or as literal threats - my stance on the last Britney post I made about the whole "warship thing" wasn't meant in a literal sense or threat or a cease and disist or anything - I don't work that way, if truth be told.

I'm just working out some theraputic issues relating to my therapy, and sometimes it transfers over inadvertantly on my posting habits.

Please - never feel I would silence free speech or pull any sort of Alpha Draconian Directives outside of my own mind.

I have a heart that's been hurt, and a mind that's been ravaged by mental illness.

Sorry for the Lovecraftian horror that I sometimes am.

Love to everyone on ATS.
I miss you - you are my lifeline. Please don't give me up for good.

Britney, I love ya girl - I'd do anything for you. You too Courtney. And Kurt, I miss your company sometimes, but I know we'll cross paths in teh future.

Sincerly, Ed the Veda.

(sorry if this is inappropriate for the thread, but it seemed the right place and time to post.)

We're just a medium, not a large.

edit on 6.7.2016 by Kandinsky because: Snipped personal detail by request

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
Join the club my friend. The OP took my humor out of context in the thread the complaint is based on as well and quoted that, but completely ignored the bulk of my post.

Ah. This is humour is it?

How this crap ends of on ATS is beyond me

Whoa. Hold up. My sides are splitting.

You see, no one who has dissed the thread has managed successfully to explain why its "crap" and "demeans ATS", hence why I put this thread here.

I was hoping that maybe someone like yourself would educate me on that, but hey, the rest of your post above covers the mindset I described exactly, so I guess I won't be finding that out from you.

Thanks for your considered input.

[edit on 16/0108/08 by neformore]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Personally i dont see any conspiracy in the Spears saga at all merely a lost child caught up in a music industry vortex of greed and selfishness. Blame should be laid fairly and squarely on her parents, guardians and adults who raised this girl up to believe the hype, and then also the blame falls fairly and squarely at her own feet for not having the common sense to see beyond her celebrity persona.
She is now an adult and has no one to blame but herself from that point on in this whole silly, tragic saga.
There is no conspiracy angle at all to this and if i had seen the original thread the OP is talking about i too would have suggested that it probably belongs in BTS.
The media reports what sells, Britney running wild sells, a conspiracy would have been the media not reporting her abnormal behaviour.

Just my thoughts on the matter, for what its worth.

mojo

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mojo4sale

Agreed, there are plenty of celebrities who have essentially given up their celebrity in order to spend time with their family and care for their children. These celebrities are still watched by paparazzi, but since they're so damn boring the paparazzi just get bored and walk away to find other, more exciting prey. If Britney had any sense, she'd do the same.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

The people have spoken!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Yep, and the fact that people refuse to accept responsibility for their own actions anymore.

"I robbed that old lady because my parents drank alot"
"I killed that homeless person because i have a drug addiction because my parents divorced when i was young"
"I burgle homes because society has forgotten me"
"I'm behaving like a spoilt little brat because their is a media driven conspiracy against me"

Too much of this sort of crap perpetrated by bleeding hearts, tell me someone that hasnt had to deal with issues throughout their lives, we could all point the finger over perceived injustices if we wanted to.

Having said all that i hope she gets her # together for the sake of her kids if for no other reason.

mojo

top topics

<< 1   >>

join