It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America and Football

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Of course everyone on the face of planet Earth remembers September 11th 2001. Months and Years following the Fall of the World Trade Center, and the Destruction at the Pentagon, America was Patriotism at it's full bloom. Following this flow of Americans showing their true colors and showing the "we can overcome" attitude, were there people trying to make Americans see all the same way?

February 3 2002- The New England Patriots beat the St. Louis Rams 20-17, in Super Bowl XXXVI in New Orleans. (5 months after 9.11.2001)

The Patriots a team that prides itself in the colors of America. At the time red,white, and blue could be seen everywhere in America, but to add to the support of the United States, a football team that bears the same colors and the logo is a person who helped "found this great land". Was this victory set-up?

February 1 2004 - The New England Patriots win Super Bowl XXXVIII, as Adam Vinatieri kicks the game-winning field goal with 4 seconds left.

February 3 2004 - The CIA admits that there was no imminent threat from weapons of mass destruction before the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

The victory of the Patriots will bring out the American colors again, and American people will still be representing the red, white, and blue though the CIA admits their lies.

January 20 2005- George W. Bush is inaugurated in Washington, D.C. for his second term as the 43rd President of the United States.

February 6 2005- Super Bowl XXXIX: The New England Patriots win their second consecutive Super Bowl title, defeating the Philadelphia Eagles 24-21.

Yet again, America has a troublesome time and Bush is set back into the house, and the Patriots seem to win. America will show people flying the colors, but at the time Bush's approval seemed to go down.

I have thought into this and I believe strongly that the government was, and is trying to spread devotion to their country. I think the NFL corrupt and is controlled by the Government in times they know people will not approve what's going on . During those seasons, most commercials showed red, white, and blue, while showing support for the country. Was the government trying to get into the minds of the fans of football? How many people watch the NFL? a lot, all of the messages of supporting the troops, fighting the war on terror, and plus the commercials full of the good Ole' Red, White, and Blue, the effect of all this may have been the intentions to spread this much patriotism to the American people, and spread it as much as possible in such an amount of time, along with the products that were connected with it.

In reading this I was only giving my thoughts on how the government is trying to get to us, and we only have so much time.

"
If the individual has a right to govern himself, all external government is tyranny. Hence the necessity of abolishing the State." Benjamin R. Tucker

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
this too has crossed my mind. its all a conspiracy! how bout them cowboys?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by A Mind That Thinks

IMO, this is a case where coincidence is only that, coincidence. The Patriots are simply a good well coached team. There's nothing more than meets the eye here...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The conspiracy is much deeper! The government new well in advance and advised the Patriots to pick Tom Brady in the 6th round of the 2000 draft. They all new very well, this kid who was struggling to see playing time at Michigan was actually going to be the catalyst of this great conspiracy.

Now stop it.

Becker

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It would all seem to be, to me at least, a series of coincidences. The Patriots came into their own at the same time that the countries approval began to plummit.

The only thing I see here is the CIA's choice to announce so shortly after the super bowl; a highly touted one at that. This is no conspiracy.

Choosing to announce something so damaging to the American morale directly after something so uplifting is just good common sense for those in power. We see it, to a lesser degree, every week on 'garbage day'. The weekend is starting, bring out your bad news.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I wish it was the raiders winning those superbowls...

You forget that it's only people from the northeast (and traitors in the rest of the country) celebrating when the patriots win the superbowl.

Is a cheesehead, a floridian or a raider fan going to celebrate when the patriots win?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I see what your saying, but if the govt. is willing to go that far then why wouldn't they have the NY Yankees beat the AZ Diamondback in the World Series right after 911? Patriotism was high and everything NY & USA was popular.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by clinux

I agree one hundred percent. i was going to say the same thing. I was thinking that the yankees were going to win and that the whole nation was gonig to be behind them. Thank god they lost....I hate the yankees

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I like the episode of xfiles when smoking man, tells them which team will win the game, because he knows, it will happen, because they control it.

SPorts like everything is there for those in power to control. They are all control freeks, and they like controlling stuff most of us cannot.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I cannot believe that NO ONE has yet pointed out that Walter Camp, "father of American football" went to yale. S&B connection?

Football is something to keep the sheeple busy. Nothing more IMO.

he was in Delta Kappa Epsilon at Yale tho, along with:

19th President, Rutherford B. Hayes, Lambda
26th President, Theodore Roosevelt, Alpha
38th President, Gerald R. Ford, Omicron
41st President, George H. W. Bush, Phi
43rd President, George W. Bush, Phi
(source: wikipedia)

new topics

top topics

join