It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The money of Global Warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Seems to me that lately i can not walk to class with out seeing an advertisement on a soda bottle magazine or the radio promoting more "green friendly" products and services. GE making millions more urging people to buy newer "energy star" appliances. GM, DC, Ford all selling more and more cars urging people to switch to flex,hybrid,econ vehicles. lightbulb more then ever advertising how energy efficient they are. Soap, plastics,clean/cleaner power companies, chemistry, computer companies, heck now ever the film industry is all getting on the band wagon.

seems a bit odd to me that almost the whole of sales is benefitting from Global Warming. in the past (10-20Yrs) it was easy to say there was a conspiracy because no one would admit it. but it seems to have become to commonplace to everyday. yes, most would say "There just being responsible" but i guess i have to ask when has business in general been responsible?

now playing devils advocate lets pretend that suddenly there starts to emerge that Global Warming was a mistake or a Solar cycle or who knows. it seems that now or very soon governments and companies would have more to lose in money and in public backing then to admit its not a risk anymore. now it looks like the positions have changed everyone knows the causes of global warming and the small group try to dispel it.

2 more odd things

1. Why are there still so many scientists still skeptical of Global Warming if its so obvious?

2. Also why did a politician do a scientific documentary...... odd i say

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by engenerQ

Seems to me that lately i can not walk to class with out seeing an advertisement on a soda bottle magazine or the radio promoting more "green friendly" products and services.

Hi eng,
You have figured it all out in regard to GW. A+ for you!

seems a bit odd to me that almost the whole of sales is benefitting from Global Warming. in the past (10-20Yrs) it was easy to say there was a conspiracy because no one would admit it. but it seems to have become to commonplace to everyday.

It's more of an agenda thing, something to keep the attention of humanity. They, we, need something to cling to. Today it is Al Gore's GW unfortunately. Tomarrow it will be global climate change and next it will be global cooling. But we will all work sort of in unison.

seems a bit odd to me that almost the whole of sales is benefitting from Global Warming.

In a free society businesses adapt quickly to changes in puplic attitude and demand. That's a good thing. Economics 101. (Also a recommended course!)

but it seems to have become to commonplace to everyday. yes, most would say "There just being responsible"

People are being like sheep, following the "leader" like always.

now playing devils advocate lets pretend that suddenly there starts to emerge that Global Warming was a mistake or a Solar cycle or who knows.

Right on! The next cycle will probably be global cooling! Just do a search on global cooling.

companies would have more to lose in money and in public backing then to admit its not a risk anymore

Companys have nothing to loose, they can change their positions if necessary. Only politicians have something to loose!

Odd thing #1.
... There are many scientists sceptical about GW... because many scientists have integrity!

#2..
Al Gore, did a documentary that was not in any way scientific, he did the documentary for political purposes and to make money! If you think Al Gore is an environmentalist (esp as compared to say GW) readAl Gore's 'Energy Pig' Tennessee Mansion ie, Al Gore is an Energy Pig and a hipocrit! But that is nothing new in politics!

Keep studying, Eng! I wish you well!

new topics

join