It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why to today's kids have a tendency to think being "gangsta" is cool?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The NWO, through it's control of the alphabet soup agencies, allows it's paid agents to import drugs into this country with the aim of getting people hooked so that they can then turn around and direct these people to get help from the very same NWO people who run the health care racket in the country. The use these gangs that they help create by importing drugs into the country because they know that these individuals would live for the danger instead of trying to better themselves by staying in school and getting an education. This is one of the many tactics that the NWO uses to keep 'we, the people' devided and frim getting together to do something to set things right.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Kids forty or fifty, nay, not even 25 years ago, years ago did not act as they do today. There was actually DISCIPLINE instated back then. To say otherwise is not truthful.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I agree Speaker, even my own parents and baby boomer era family members that grew up in the 1950s and 60s say that my generation commits way more crime then they did. They mostly did harmless antics like toilet papering a house or their personal favorite of using the police call boxes to report fake murders and then hide in the bushes to watch the cops come racing (this was back in the days before hand held radios were common place and they used call boxes on city street corners to communicate with their stations) ... today its outright home invasions and shootings.

As for gangs, they did exist in the 1950s and 60s but they were mostly restricted to urban areas, today we have gangs everywhere including suburban areas. Also, in the old days the media was less inclined to report on crime then they are today and when they did it was not sensationalized. Thirdly, back then the police had greater leeway when it came to dealing with crimes (ex. the regulations regarding use of force were not as strict ex. they could shoot you for simply running away from them) and of course there was the famous "take them into an ally and introduce them to the billy club" method. One day my dad and his friend were riding their bikes down Main Street (bikes were and still are not allowed on Main Street unless you are walking it by hand) and a cop came out of a store and tripped my dad and his friend and told them never to ride their bikes down Main Street or they would be taken away ... guess what? They never did it again. Today, the cops cant even do their jobs without being bashed and accused of police brutality and profiling based on age or race.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Kids forty or fifty, nay, not even 25 years ago, years ago did not act as they do today. There was actually DISCIPLINE instated back then. To say otherwise is not truthful.

No, to say so is my opinion. Just as it is your opinion to speak in opposition.

Nothing has changed but the date and the level of media exposure. When kids acted up years ago, it didn't make it's way on the nightly news. Parents dealt with issues in house and that was that. If it did go to the court of law, they were not offered the same privileges they are today. It wasn't that long ago that a child was viewed just as an adult when convicted of a crime.

Granted, kids today have been enabled to take their level of deviance to a new found level. But that is accredited to society itself for affording the means and the technology.

Deviance is deviance. Very little has changed.

Only today we are bombarded with it on a nightly basis with each days news telling us what kids have done what.

It's called heightened awareness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join