It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end of analog TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

The legislation will allow the government to take back the radio spectrum used for analog TV broadcasts. The government then plans to auction some of the spectrum to bring in an estimated $10 billion over five years -- $7.4 billion of which would go toward reducing the budget deficit.

Washington Post

Seems the Government is wanting us to get rid of our analog tv's so they can have the radio spectrum.
I remember when I went to go see "National Treasure: Book of Secrets" Disney had a cartoon of Goofy basically showing us to get rid of our RF TV's and buy a big o'l digital TV, just some subliminal advertising I guess.
So is this a step towards Martial Law? That's what I'm thinking, it would make no sense for us to shell out billions so we can have digital when RF works just fine. There's a whole plethora of nasty things that could happen with this idea.

Anyone know much more about this potential conspiracy?

-Jimmy

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The date for the end of the analog signal has been pushed back several times already.

I'll believe it when I see it.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Yeah, it's supposed to happen next year. We will have a new prez next year. What are we not supposed to see or hear on the airwaves? Call me a nutter, but I believe this is a sign of a serious issue that is arising, it gives me a really uneasy scary feeling.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   

This has happened all over the world. Countries like Sweden and Finland no longer have analog TV for instance.

What would the government (anywhere in the world) use the spectrum for though. They could auction it off, maybe. I remember about ten years ago ago I could pick up analog mobile phone conversations on a TV set. So, whatever they use it for, you'll know what for by just tuning in!

PS, you don't need fork out to buy a new TV, just grab a cheap set top box.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
This is already happening in the UK.
Didnt people say the same thing when we switched for 405 lines to 625?

Its evolution, everything evolves as technology evolves.

Digital is a far superior picture anyway, at least in the UK

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
That's right, it's far superior everywhere! But I think kudos points are due for linking the deployment of digital television technology with the possibility of martial law

I never would have though that up in a million years.

new topics

top topics

join