It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

alberto rivera....is he for real???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
my friend showed me this comics by alberto rivera LINK. this is a true story that happened to his life when he was a jesuit priest, as what the author claims. this guy turned away from being a jesiut priest and revealed dark secrets of the pope and the catholic institution. IMO, if what alberto rivera said were true, i found it disturbing because of the power this guys can do and will do.

i need your opinions guys. thanks....tell me what you think.

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by jedo]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Actually I heard of this story. Where the priest went to the otherside for real. He started getting involved in the occult. He also built osme castle.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I don't know if I believe any of this, I had never heard of this guy until your post......but the comic book sure was an interesting read.

btw, so is the jesuits like the illuminati? what's their relationship to NWO, Freemasons, that kind of stuff?

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I hadn't heard of Alberto Rivera before, but Jack Chick is somewhat scary. Have a look at the tracts he produces and tell me that he isn't a rather obsessed individual. He says that Catholics, Jews, Muslims, people who play RPG's (That's me doomed then), in fact virtually everone - are cursed to eternal hellfire and damnation. Unless, of course, you believe in the Chick version of Christianity. Then you're ok. So I would be inclined to take what he says with a pinch of salt. That's not to say that he's not right on some things (such as the Catholic church and the Illuminati), but you really need to do your own research.

Talking about the Catholic church, I heard that Opus Dei is linked to the Illuminati, but I haven't been able to find out much on that subject. A lot of the sites are in Italian.

Opus Dei - The Unofficial Homepage

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedo
my friend showed me this comics by alberto rivera LINK. this is a true story that happened to his life when he was a jesuit priest, as what the author claims. this guy turned away from being a jesiut priest and revealed dark secrets of the pope and the catholic institution. IMO, if what alberto rivera said were true, i found it disturbing because of the power this guys can do and will do.

Alright jedo, i found some stuff about him very interesting aswell, heres the video

Google Video Link

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jedo

No, Alberto Rivera was not for real.

He was a real person, but not a real Jesuit. He was a hack and a fraud. There is a tremendous amount of money to be made in anti-Catholicism and Rivera jumped on the bandwagon.

Unfortunately, he took advantage of Jack Chick and Chick's lack of credulity. Chick is (and has been) unbalanced and lacks much critical capacity. Rivera used that to bolster a rickety cultish empire of pseudo evangelicalism. He spent his time proselytizing to those who were predisposed to dislike the Catholic Church and used his fake credentials to make a comfortable living.

He was the ecclesiastical equivalent of a traveling snake oil salesman.

Eric

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny c

Your video link isn't working.

Might want to edit it.

Eric

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I stopped reading when I read Chick publications.
You have a better chance at becoming a Jackass stunt double then learning from this fraud.
Chick Trick hilarious!
Chick Track Parody

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by EricD
reply to post by johnny c

Your video link isn't working.

Might want to edit it.

Eric

thanks for the heads up Eric,nice one buddy. I only noticed now.[the next day]
ill repost it now

Google Video Link

I dont know what to think about it.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedo

Short answer - no, he's not for real.
Vicky

top topics

join