It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret. Be careful what you wish for!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Ok, I'm pissed. The Secret works, but be careful what you wish for.

About three years ago, I had some hard times, had to move, and went to work for a lot less than what I'm used to, but I now get by.

I work for a Real Estate developer, and we build commerical and residential properties. One day about a year and a half ago, I was working on a speck home, and I walked into the great room, and I said out loud: "One day, I'm going to live in a house just like this!"

Two months later my boss says: "Come here, I want to talk to you." I thought: "Oh crap, what did I do?" He says: "The owner of the company and I have decided to put you into a house." "We will make it affordable, and we want you to move in right away." Not only that, they let me use company money to upgrade the house. I installed new tile floors and countertops, new carpet, new stainless appliances, new hardwood doors and hardware, and new paint. Wow. I'm posting from my home office here right now. Amazing.

A couple of months later, I saw the movie The Secret, and I thought: "Wow, The Secret works, I did it, and I wasn't even aware of it." "I need to try this again."

I've never been married, so I thought, hmmm, maybe I should try and find a wife using the secret. So, as per instruction, I started to believe that I had a wife at home. You know, if you belive you already have it, you will get it. I haven't even come close to finding a wife, but some strange stuff has started to happen.

The first thing that happened was I started to create reasons to stay late at the office. I just didn't want to go home. What?

I started leaving dirty close on the floor, and I intentionally leave the seat up on the toilet.

I bought a red sports car, and I don't know why.

I used to take the garbage out without being asked, now it just sits there, and now I've agreed to go on a hunting trip with guys I don't even like.

I changed my hair color, and started hitting on women half my age.

As you can tell, I'm now drinking more than ever.

Can you help? The Secret has taken control of my life.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seawolf197

Hire a maid that cooks. When you get home, she will be gone, and you will have a clean house with a cooked meal.

That will leave you time for all the other hobbies you just started. Plus if you bring home one of the young ladies you are after lately, she will be impressed at what a clean bachelor you are!

It won't be exactly what you wished for, and will cost you some money, but at least you feel looked after!

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I thought that last broadcast with Lear was funny but your rant has me on the floor. LOL

So sorry to hear your staying late at work.

If its any consolation I just phoned my credit card company to bitch at em
for charging me $21.00 in interest on $91.00 telling em to cancel my account
that I've had with em for over 24 months. Saying I don't do business with loan sharks. Yes, the check will be in the mail.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Wait, I don't get this rant. You're mad because "the secret" is giving you what you want?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I beleive in The Secret (Quantum Praying) and it does work, now if i can just remember to start using it maybe i'd be better off.

Thanks for the reminder

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Really? What makes you think it works? How have you seen it work in your life?
How do you apply it?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just curious.

[edit on 20-1-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
yes i too wished for a something 4 yrs ago

a man!! but he was the wrong one.(i forgot to say and dont make him a liar)LOL

mind you i just wished for another one the other day, think i got all the critea right this time!!

Its just a waiting game now

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It's not a 'Secret' anymore now that we know about how it might work.

Lemme try: Wish I may, wish I might...

I better not because the scary part is not being very, very, very specific about the details and the outcome may not be to my liking.

Darn!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
"The Secret" does work. I have had little things that I have wished for come true. After watching the movie "The Secret" I started believing it was true and tested out the theory.

One day I was walking to my friends house and told myself that I was going to find money on the ground. While I didn't find any money on the ground my friend and I bought a lottery ticket and I won $100 on a scratch ticket.

Even though it wasn't much money it was still money and even though I didn't find it per say I still got it for free.

The key to the secret is not wishful thinking but telling yourself that you already have what you want.

Say you want $10000. Tell yourself you have it in the bank already and the secret will eventually do its job if you believe.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Don't you guys get it? it's a joke, I think.

He's saying he's become a husband, does all the silly stuff husbands do, but he has no wife yet. haha.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
yeah im hoping its a joke

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
it says in the bible we are created in the image of our creator

who is a creator himself

"whose image are we living in when we deliberately do not create"

en.wikipedia.org...

now if you go talk to someone who is manic depressive you will see how much more they probably think compared to a normal person

i have talked to about 4 people i know about this and they all think "slow" when they have taken anti depressants

i am pretty certain most manic depressive people think very fast compared to normal people, maybe not as focused, but a lot faster (go talk to one if you don't believe me, they normally find this out after taking anti depressants)

well look at that list of loons
who those people are, what they have done, what they must have thought about

also how many known geniuses had mental health issues genius and madness has always kind of been closely linked, look at some serial killers, the way they would capture victims in public time after time and be able to hide the fact that they were crazy, not normal, murderers

it says right in the bible that basically the secret is true, if you believe that we are created in the image of a creator, meaning 1 he looks human like us (literally in his image) or 2 we are little copies of him or versions and we are therefore creators

top topics

join