It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

most of you will love me...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
others will hate the fact that they like me too, and anyone else... i probably havent met them yet. all narcissism aside,
my name is Alissa, a 20 something girl from southern california. who sadly, has lost almost all her faith in her once great nation. noting the fact that i have yet to actually experience any greener grass [i.e.- another country] and their accompanying culture, i spend my days daydreaming about possibly working abroad, and making new friends in new places. hopefully sooner than later... with that brief, albeit awkward, introduction complete; i thank you for having such a forum on the vastness of the interwebz, for me to unload all my inner-rantings onto an unsuspecting community. [this is where you guys come in]

and yes, i am too lazy to press shift + corresponding letter = capitalization

only when my sentence or its meaning will suffer too much in the translation, will i be arsed to comply with that whole two-handed typing thing. nothing personal... well anyway, nice to meet choo all.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I, for one, look forward to your postings. Welcome to ATS.

On the refusal for Capital Letters, my only request is that you the break your sentences up into small paragraphs because nothing is harder to read than a 400 word block of letters like something out of a code-breakers handbook.

See you on the boards, djalibee.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
With an opening line like that, all I can say is welcome to the party.
I think you'll be glad you came.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
quick question to anyone who wants it... how do i upload or change my avatar picture? im not seeing any link or option even remotely close to that description, anywhere. but then again, its probably cleverly disguised as an ordinary website button, or maybe even a clickable link, where noone would ever find it.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by djalibee]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Welcome on board djalibee!

For information on avatar guidelines, you can visit this link.

As far as putting your avatar up, you can go into member center, which is located on the main bar at the top of every screen. From there, go to account settings, and then copy/paste the url of the image into that field, and click save.

That should do it for ya, have a great time and can't wait to read your posts!

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by djalibee
and yes, i am too lazy to press shift + corresponding letter = capitalization

only when my sentence or its meaning will suffer too much in the translation, will i be arsed to comply with that whole two-handed typing thing. nothing personal...

ahh yes. i am sure already that you are the female version of myself. welcome to ATS,

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by djalibee

Welcome, djalibee!

The ATS Freshman's Forum is a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

Asala has a new member thread here: Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here’s a list of forum related threads:
Index of Important Website Related Threads

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on AbovePolitics. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker in case you need one: ieSpell 2.5.1 build 106

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™

Don’t forget to set up the “Comments” section in your profile, so folks can drop by to say, “Hi!” All it takes is a “Howdy” from you to get the ball rolling.

Oh, and visit the Automotive Discussion forum.

Grady

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
ah, thank you. thank you all. btw- right after i asked it, i figured it out myself. but you did good too. really.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by djalibee

well you almost got it right, your avatar is to large
and welcome to ATS
I resized it for you

here is the link img185.imageshack.us...

img401.imageshack.us...

[edit on 14/1/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Welcome! I like the way you write, it put a smile on my face

Oh, if you're wanting to go to greener pastures, try Australia, although its quite dead in the outback, not much grass there

Thx

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Any girl introduction's always followed up by ten guy's errr.... Welcome to ATS !

By the way I think you're a grey : look at this whitish helmet you suspiciously wears, and -cherry on the top - the timing of your post. Sure you were remotely involved in some big nasty conspiracy.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by Rigel]

top topics

join