It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Experienced Missing Time/Possible Abduction

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Is there any evidence of the existence of any such random "seizures", unobserved by the subject or by anyone else?
(Because I know I haven't find any in my own clinical psychology research!)

A hypothesis cooked up by a few "scientists" with no apparent insight into the human psyche does not equal a "scientific explanation".

BTW, I am not blasting YOU personally - just those "scientists" who come up with ideas that are actually just as far-fetched than the "abduction" theory... ; )

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
reply to post by AmmonSeth

AmmonSeth, I think the best thing to do is to write the entire thing down as accurately and "coolly" as you possibly can, while it's still fresh in your memory and uncontaminated with hypotheses. And be sure to include as many details as possible, including the weather conditions, air pressure, hygroscopic conditions (you can get that info from most barometers - but not everyone has barometers, I know
), and your own state of mind, bodily temperature etc.

Believe me: you'll be happy you did!
So will be anyone researching such phenomena.

Are you alright today?

I noted down everything i can remember of the time on here,
And yes i am fine today, it would take alot more than that
to harm a living god
i do however have a small abbrasion
Above one of the tattoos on my left arm which was not
there before the events of last night, I heal remarkably quickly
though and doubt it will be visible for long

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
One time me and 3 buddies went to do a certain 'hallucinogenic' up in a girl friend's grandpa's weekend house, some where in the valley and i live in LA county.. so we went through the freeway, and this was atleast 3 to 4 years ago so i don't remember where, and it was a one night fling. anyway, we go up, do it, its dark and weird, we're in the garage, then decide to leave when it wears off. now you can still feel some sensation but nothing out of the ordinary, we were capable of driving. so we left, while our other two friends were ab out to leave in their car. when we were on the freeway and my friend was driving .ing home, we get a call from our other friends and he lost his keys so we needed to pick him up. so we turned around and we fianlly got off the freeway and right off the ramp to an intersection light, no one was there because it was around 1 am. but at that light, suddenly from the corner of my eyes i saw a huge flash and i felt something in my heart like you said. something you hear but its inside you and makes you freak out. my friend felt it too and we both freaked out and it felt like we missed time at that stop light

we both believe something happened but dont know what to do so we never did anything, later.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
After reading your post I can't help but share an experience i had this happened sometime in the winter of '92 while walking the two miles home from my friends house.

Something happened to me, my last action/thought before this thing happened was to look at my watch I remember the time distinctly it was 1:00am. My next thought was how the hell have I wandered this far off course I was in a street half a mile from my house and that this is not the route I take to get home. Strange beyond believe, at the time I realised something was wrong as I would never walk down this street as it led nowhere for me. My next action was enough for my mind to start bringing down the shutters on the whole event as I looked at my watch it was now 3:00am, no effin way, completely illogical and beyond comprehension everytime I recalled this memory my mind rejected the whole thing. But I never lost that memory and it was the start of my efforts years later to disassemble all my memory of events that were complete anomalies.

Whats bizarre is a situation that happened at the same time roughly, I went to my friends house we drank and smoked till the early hours they went to bed I fell asleep on the sofa I woke with the first light went to get a drink came back to the sofa. There it hit me a heart attack or what i thought was one, pain unlike anything I had felt before straight through the chest, legs went, broke the coffee table with my . on the way down, laid in the glass thought to my self why am I dieing at 21 alone 'profanities' from then on. Then pain went as soon as it had come got off the the floor still in some pain walked to the hospital met a nice doctor explained evrything. Ok son he said lets find out whats going on took chest x-rays never saw that Doc again. Waited got shown to a room in the admin part of the building two doctors came in, older doctor is business like corteous and caring. Now the younger Doctor just stared at me in what can only be described with hindsight as amasement, his face was a picture mouth open eyes wide only changed at the end of the 'interview' when he offered a handshake and a wan smile and still amasement written all over his face. Never did see those x-rays just an incident we might say nothing to it. Now i'm a keen observer and when things don't add up even the subtle things I never forget that something is wrong with the picture.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I am glad to hear that. But if your skin heals quickly - be sure to take a photograph of the abrasion before it disappears!

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Odd that this happened just 5 days after joining ATS. Now I'm not accusing you of lying or anything, I'm just observing here. Do you think this may somehow be related to this incident?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I didn't take what you said personally. I remembered though, that a friend of mine (actually my twin brothers best friend) used to suffer from seizures. He would not remember events that could have been just a few minutes before or as long as a couple of days previous to him having one.

He suffered from Grand Mal seizures and even while on medication would sometimes just stare off into space without the other symptoms. Those would be the times he would, lose time. Sometimes we wouldn't even be aware he was having one, like if we were watching a movie, he would just be staring at the television. We would know if we spoke to him and he didn't respond.

So while I don't have any clinical proof, I can only tell you from experience that I have seen first hand how somebody can lose time while having a seizure.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

I am truly glad you didn't take it personally - all the more so because that's so rare around here...

And what you told IS valid information, of course, definitely useful.
Thank you!

[edit on 15-1-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Odd that this happened just 5 days after joining ATS. Now I'm not accusing you of lying or anything, I'm just observing here. Do you think this may somehow be related to this incident?

I have been an observer here for years, i think it would be close enough to 3 and a half now, I joined not long ago so i could post my proposal in the 'ancient' forum to do with atlantis,

You can find my thread in there,

And please do not ever question my integrity, I titled this thread as what it was, i had just experienced missing time, thats all i know that happened, i added "/possible abduction" so that people could tell me whether thats what it was,

And i shall be taking a photo of my abbrasion, But to me it looks like a blood-bruise,

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
My abbrasion

The abbrasion i am referring to is located just above one of my tattoos,
I know it was not always there and was new from that night,
I have just captured those images now after my previous post

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Good grief man ... I turn my back for 5mins and there you go losing time ... nice 'tat' by the way.

Joking aside I'm glad to hear you're ok ... did you read my recent post on my 'abduction' thread during an electrical storm ? Sounds similar ... I lost time walking from my sitting room to my kitchen and back ... but do you know what's really spooky ... I too have a totally irrational fear of moths.

I have seriously never met anyone with this phobia before ... well met my friend. I can deal with abduction ... ghosts ... spontaneous past life memory ... and being up on the Yorkshire Moors in the dead of night and nothing ... but let a moth flap it's ugly little self anywhere near me and I scream like a girl ... ok, ok I know I'm a girl but that's not the point.

As to your missing time DO NOT freak-out might I suggest you take a read through Beamish's thread there is some excellent stuff on there. And you can u2u / email me we can swap moth trauma's.
Woody

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Roland Deschain

Was the light from above or off to the side. Any cuts or abrasions, did the friend you were to pick up think you took along time to come back and get them.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
You don't have to say, but i'm wondering whereabouts in England you are? (I'm there as well you see)

I've never had any experiences with 'missing time', but it does sound hella freaky! I guess I can add a couple of questions in here;

Is the area where you live on a street, on an estate, a house in the middle of nowhere, or what?

And was there anyone else around when you were taking out the trash? I know it was late but you get some people walking the streets late at night. Hmm I know it's a veerrryy long shot, but if you live next to a shop or bank or anything like that, would there be any security cameras pointing in the direction of your house/street?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Try this scenario on for size...

Your PC Clock said 1:47 am.
You go downstairs
Your PC goes to time.windows.com and updates itself to a new time
15 seconds later you come back
PC says 2:14 am.
Now whether your PC was correct to start with and your time service got screwed (which can happen) and then the time service corrected the issue, meaning next startup you have correct time, which you wouldn't notice as you had slept. Or maybe your PC was out and then got corrected we can never know.

You log onto abovetopsecret.com and write a post, which coincidentally is not the first thing I would be doing if I had experienced missing time or an alien abduction.

Another situation is microsleep, it is a leading cause of road fatalities, and, missing time.
Like when you end up 4 stations past your stop on the tube and think, huh, that was only 4 seconds, how did I end up here. It was quite late for you and maybe it played a role.

Please do not take offense at the following paragraph, it is personal opinion and in no way an attack, as I do believe what you say, but do not think that it is what you think it is...

I cannot imagine being laid out on a table with greys all looking at me and "probing" thinking, "Wow I can't wait to logon to ATS and write about this, hmmm should it go under aliens, or missing time, maybe start out with Skunkworks..."

I hope we find a solution for this event, it is in any case interesting.

Also it just occurred to me OP, you may wanna visit a Doctor. What you describe, missing time, abrasion and light could have been an epileptic fit. Maybe during the episode, where it is not uncommon to experience seeing light, you lost balance and bumped your shoulder. It was late, and you were near the PC, maybe that could have been a trigger.

Epilepsy is a disorder that disrupts the transmission of electrical signals inside the brain. Although you may assume that epilepsy always causes episodes of uncontrolled movements and loss of consciousness, the condition is actually quite variable. Symptom episodes — known as seizures — are often subtle, causing strange sensations, emotions and behavior. Some people with epilepsy simply stare blankly for a while when having a seizure, while others have full-fledged convulsions.

About one in 100 people has experienced an unprovoked seizure at some point in life. However, a solitary seizure doesn't mean you have epilepsy. Many people — for example, children with high fevers — experience one seizure and then never have another one. But after you've had two seizures, the chance that you'll have additional seizures increases dramatically. At least two unprovoked seizures are required for a diagnosis of epilepsy.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by smans]

[edit on 16-1-2008 by smans]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I had a very strange experience once. It happened near Austin, Tx., several years ago. A friend and I were traveling towards home about 2:00 AM. I do not recall any strange noises or lights, but suddenly, for no reason at all, we were in a totally different area of the neighborhood. Neither of us was wearing a watch, so we couldn't check for time discrepancies.
But the whole thing never made sense.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
(Are you about 25 year's old ????)

Hi let me say this to you firstly stay calm dont panic your not alone.

I am firstly going to ask you a few thing's i hope that is ok.

(I only read your first post i see you do have a mark please continue reading tho.)

Have you noticed any mark's on your body for example you take a shower and there are scratches bruises maybe ?

Have you noticed any red freckles around your kneecap area ? or the top's of your leg's near your waist line ?

I am going to ask you to look in some specific area's ok.

Your ankle bone in the middle look for a white scar a puncture mark.

Your palm's (Look to see if there are any extra line's you know like the lifeline.

Still on the palm where your fingers start there are three section's if you like. Bottom middle and top.

from your palm to the end of the first section you will see the first line that seperates these sections.

Notice any puncture marks ?

When i say puncture mark imagine someone took a pencil and jabbed it in there however there should be no damage just a perfect shallow hole.

Ok moving up the arm's look on both the inside and out. You are looking for the puncture mark's again and any scratches and any bruises.

Take extra care when you see something make shure it's not a scar from child hood or a bruise from playing basketball.

Also something to look out for is strange freckle formation's freckles in strange line's freckles that seem to appear overnight and also freckles that form patterns.

I myself have circles and love heart's and lines that just came out of no where.

Im not shure what the relation of these are but in my case i noticed a few times out of the corner of my eye these strange sparks of silver pretty tiny that zipped off when i looked at them.

I call them the nano spider's some call them ethereal spider's. Either way there metalic and they so seen to have leg's.

Ok i could go on and on about mark's on your body just look for yourself you know your body better than anyone.

Ok moving on !

Have you noticed any light's in your house small the size of a pea or smaller ?

They can be white,red, blue, golden there could be other colors.

Have you noticed any white shape's from the corner of your eye any black shape's ?

Have you noticed any powder's in your house black powder or maybe black water mark's on your wall's ?

Have you noticed any clicking the sound of small stones hitting the floor ?

Have you woken up not able to move ? have you had the sensation of being pulled from your bed thru a wall ?

This one is important have you heard tone's in your . let me give you an example.

When you go for a hearing test you get those tone's right ?

Have you noticed them while being in bed have you noticed them at any other time's ?

Thats just the basic's in my next post i will tell you about my missing time so you dont feel alone.

Take care man your not alone i must stress this.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 16-1-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Ok as promised here is my experiance.

I have had many experiance's so to speak but this one is about missing time.

Ok so me and my girlfriend settled down to whatch an awsome martial art's movie we were all comfortable on the couch.

The film started thing's got going in the film. Yer i like this i was thinking!

Nothing seemed out of place nothing at all.

Then all of a sudden the movie seemed to skip it was not such a big deal the movie carried on.

But then something was not right the film ended the credit's rolled still i was not worried there was a sense of calm.

I turned and said babes that was a short film and she replied yer i was just getting into it.

It took me say 15 minute's to snap out of it and look at the t.v mag.

I knew when we started whatching what the time was and when the film finished it was ovbious that something had happend.

To make it even more bizzare the movie was on again some week's later and we whatched the whole thing and were gob smacked at how much of the film we both missed.

Another thing i will add is that the human brain in our cases does not and i mean not understand the concept of missing time.

Offcourse the time was missing we understood that but there was no detail no infromation for the brain to work out.

Hence the brain just did not understand what happend almost like pulling the plug on a computer.

When you plug it back in it work's and it was none the wiser that you were going to unplug it.

It just start's back up and carries on.

Well there you have it.

Your not alone.

Regards
Lee

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Ammonseth:

Our ecosystem does not stop at the outer limits of earth's atmosphere. If--and it is a big if--you were abducted you are one of a great many. You were not harmed (correct), so I would not panic.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by smans

Let me just re-tort.

You make some valid point's on the missing time part of your post but not all missing time is as simple as that.

Take my case for example.

Ok so i see your also saying the part about being abducted, and that the first thing you would not do is post it on ATS.

Have you ever been abducted ?

Have you in a general sense been in a situation where your not in control ?

I will give you a little background on myself i am in my mid twenties i served a little time in the army.

Been to a few place's.
Seen a few thing's.

I have been in a few situation's and done some great thing's and some not so great thing's.

Met some good peaple.
Met some odd peaple.
Met some bad peaple.
Met some powerfull peaple.

I am mentally strong physically hard and robust.

But in some situation's nobody can help you. I have realised this the only person who could comfort me was my own mother i am all the above and only my own mother could comfort me ? There is no support network.

That's how bad it can get !

You cant just walk into your local police station and get the equal support as someone who was burglarized.

So what do you do ?????????????

You come to a place like ATS where you can put your problem out there then someone like me or someone else can say hay that add's up.

THAT WAS THE SAME AS WHAT HAPPEND TO ME.

Then atleast you can tell yourself your not going insane.

See what im getting at ? Thats the reason we make these post's on ATS.

Hope that answered your question.

Take care

Regards
Lee

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
(Are you about 25 year's old ????)

I guess in biological years that would be about right.

Have you noticed any light's in your house small the size of a pea or smaller ?

They can be white,red, blue, golden there could be other colors.

Have you noticed any white shape's from the corner of your eye any black shape's ?

I see, well its hard to describe, but when i concentrate, i see transparent little balls i guess (as i only see them as 2 dimensional, never had one whizz past me) in the sky, thousands of them constantly zipping around, i do have perfect vision (20/20) and there are no problems with my mind,

I for many years have often actually noticed those shapes you speak of,
On many occasion have i sworn blind someone was standing at the top of the stairs,

This one is important have you heard tone's in your . let me give you an example.

When you go for a hearing test you get those tone's right ?

Have you noticed them while being in bed have you noticed them at any other time's ?

The same as with my sight, i have excellent hearing, i often hear high-pitched noises that others dont, however, when i go to sleep, the worst i get is a deafening silence

-The Living God Ammon Seth-

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join