It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Islamic Jesus' hits Iranian theaters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

'Islamic Jesus' hits Iranian theaters

www.religionandspirituality.com

An Iranian director produced the first film giving an Islamic view of Jesus. Nader Talebzadeh sees his movie, "Jesus, the Spirit of God," as an Islamic answer to Western films like Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ," which he called well-crafted but "wrong.
Talebzadeh said he aims to bridge differences between Christianity and Islam, despite the doctrinal differences. "It is fascinating for Christians to know that Islam gives such devotion to and has so much knowledge about Jesus. By making this film I wanted to make a bridge between Christianity and Islam, to open the door for dialogue since there is much common ground between Islam and Christianity," he told AFP Sunday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Immodest Jesus statue riles Christians

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I wanted to start this thread in response to my last about an Immodest statue of Jesus. Many people gave opinions saying that this statue is not art. My question here is, "is this not art as well?" I am wondering what the response of Christians and other religions will be to this. Are gaps in the two religions of Islam and Christianity allowed to be bridged, or is this just as demeaning as the Christians believe the statue is.
I would actually love to see this movie and compare as I am not too familiar with Islam.

www.religionandspirituality.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

kind of late arent you?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Well let me be the first to say.

That muslim's (Im not muslim) beleive in Jesus and they also beleive in Mary. And that she is the mother of jesus and that her son is a prophet.

I hope i enlightened some peaple at least with this.

All religion comes from the same place in the end it all comes back to god.

And he is in every religion no matter how big or small.

I am not religious but i beleive in god.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 14-1-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Thanks. I always do a search first and this didn't come up. HHHMMMM. Mods, please close. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
In Islam,Jesus is a prophet,but he was not devine.He was not born of Immaculate conception,and he was not God in the flesh.Muslums respect him as a great prophet but not greater than Mohhamed.They also believe that To believe in the trinity of God the Father,The holy Spirit,And Jesus,God in the flesh,is to believe in three God's.This is why they believe that Jesus was not God or devine.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
This is what it is, an attempt to spit in the eye of Christianity and cause enmity (the exact opposite of claiming Jesus is part of Muslim belief). Anyone trying to claim otherwise is blind. The West cannot even make a cartoon about Mohammad, who came after Jesus therefore falls under the false prophet category of the bible to christian belief, without being condemned to death. That is right, condemned to death, what a #ing joke. There is no comparison to christianity and Muslims. Christians do not in this day and age condemn any people to death for their beliefs (whether you agree with them or not this is the facts of the matter).
Radicalism belongs to the followers of (peace is NOT upon him because of radicals) Mohammad. Now come to my door, I got an AK47 with your name on it (just for irony).

new topics

top topics

join