It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TABASCO® brand Habanero Sauce

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This is the best hot sauce ever. I didn't like the original Tabasco because you needed to use so much of the stuff to heat your food enough that all you can taste is the Tabasco sauce. With this new habanero Tabscco you only need say half a teaspoon to sufficantly heat up a bowl of chili. The flavor of the chili still comes through and and the tabasco can be tasted but as I said before it's not overpowering.

I highly recommend this new blend.

Ingredients:

A Jamaican-style pepper sauce, blended with mango, papayas, tamarind, banana, ginger and ground black pepper, the result is a deceptively fruity, yet totally fiery HOT sauce.

[edit on 1/14/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
i think i shall try this kind.
i can handle some pretty hot stuff but sometimes it gets to the point where the heat is so intense that it ruins a dish and takes the flavor out of the food. i don't like that.

so sure, i can take the intense heat but i still want a good tasting meal. i will try this as per your recomendation.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
You won't be disappointed bud...I'm going through a bottle a month. My local grocery store only sells the 2oz bottles so I may go directly to the Tabasco store and purchase maybe four bottles of the 5oz variety.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'm a big fan of the hot sauces but never did care for Tabasco. You're so right about having to put so much on you could only taste the Tabasco.

Right now I'm hung up on Franks, both the regular and the buffalo wing varieties, but I'll give this one a try. I used to grow habanero peppers in the garden and learned to respect them. Even a little on your hands after cutting them up could be a problem later.

Hopefully it's available in Canada, I'd never heard of it until your post.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Here is some more info on this subject I posted some time ago....

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Being a fan of hot food, I dub this kinda of Tabasco DEATH SAUCE.

I like to splash it on every bite, but be warned this stuff is intense, like make you sweat on your eye lids and panting hot! borderline vision loss.

At the height of the intensity you can taste the slight hint of bananas.

Tabasco is weak compared to the habenaro kind, but persoanlly I prefer this Cholula over Tabasco any day.

Great on Tex Mex fewds.

This right here? This right here? This right here?

Its the best! Not too hot, not bland, just mmm, and no all vingerary like Tabasco!

[edit on 14-1-2008 by Lysergic]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
i love the red rooster and the tapatio

i put hot sauce on almost everything...i love tapatio all over my french fries

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I don't like stuff so hot that your mouth is on fire but I do like my nose to run and have my eyes water a bit.

Checkout this guy and his love for Tabasco Habanero sauce. lol

www.photoshopnews.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
Hopefully it's available in Canada, I'd never heard of it until your post.

If you can't find it you can order directly from Tabasco.

countrystore.tabasco.com...

Vincent van Gogh Vase of Flowers

[edit on 2/5/2009 by kinglizard]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
anyone ever try daves insanity sauce?
that stuff will light you up

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
lysergic, cholula is a pretty good sauce too. and its darn cheap.
in Aus its like $3 for 2x bottles.

i like the chipotle tabasco, thats really nice on schnitzel or steak.

ElYucateco hot sauce is darn good stuff.
its a bit thicker like tomato sauce which to me is how any sauce should be.
cholula + tabasco seem very watery.

ive had the red bottle which is nice, and still have 3/4 of the green one here which is like bottled fire

[edit on 14/1/08 by Obliv_au]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I love the green Tabasco! OH YEAH!
I think it's habanero, too.
I've never tried the red habanero!

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Best ever? Spadina Avenue in Toronto... Kom Jug Yuen. It keeps one regular... likely why I don't get colds. Perfect balance. It doesn't have a name and it's only for those who know how to ask for it. It's not the stuff behind the counter either; it only comes from the kitchen. It's fun to watch grown men cry... they're bursting into flames and the Missus' and I are adding more to our pork and duck on rice. Slip the maitre-dit a twenty and ask for "the good stuff." It's really great in soups too. They often run out.

Best over-the-counter mild stuff? My current favorite is Mad Dog's Revenge... 1,000,000 Scoville. Chile at the firehall... 'nice with pan made Soda Bread.

Best "hot"? The stuff made from Scotch Bonnets in and around Negril. Nice sauce for goat or eggs. Stay away from the green sauce down there... it has "after effects" having little to do with "heat" and more to do with "blast zone."

Cheers,

Vic

[edit on 14-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Tobasco is a crucial ingredient to good chili. I look forward to trying it.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
If Tabasco wanted to make mucho profits, they should market it here in South East Asia.

Unless this thing is total crap in terms of hotness, like almost every "hot" sauce I've tasted that came from the West.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
If Tabasco wanted to make mucho profits, they should market it here in South East Asia.

Unless this thing is total crap in terms of hotness, like almost every "hot" sauce I've tasted that came from the West.
Careful, you might offend someone. People dont like their hot sauce or statues of jesus desecrated.

top topics

join