It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO

page: 33
<< 30  31  32   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Looks like we chalk it up as "The one that got away" Great chance . But we just missed it :/

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Basket

I have been looking into the harassment somewhat, as seen on this link:

ATS

The U.S. Air Force harassment account reported on The Larry King show has been confirmed by another source.

[edit on 1/29/2008 by TheAvenger]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Can you name that source? And is the person Ricky Sorrells?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
My best guess is yes, it's Ricky Sorrels. I am not certain about that, but the harassment by the U.S.A.F. story confirms. Some witness (or witnesses) is definitely making the charge. Evidently the witness is not willing to talk at this time, but has before already. Several others are still talking, so by the process of elimination, Mr. Sorrels looks like a great candidate. As you recall, he is the only one who had a daylight sighting, and described certain parts of the alleged craft. I am keeping sources private for now, but I have offered to have Springer authenticate the email verifying the story.

[edit on 1/29/2008 by TheAvenger]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAvenger

i think it's a good thing that they bring a skeptic on the show - if the claims can't survive a few wet blankets tossed at them, then they're not very strong claims. However, why Shermer? UFOs aren't really his area. He's more interested in other things. I would think they would have gone to Oberg, who is much more knowledgeable on the topic, and lives in Texas.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by disownedsky]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by disownedsky

I would like to see the Larry King show bring a skeptic from the U.S. Air Force to explain their flip flops on fighter aircraft activities and to address the reports of attempted witness intimidation by elements of the USAF/government.

Don't hold your breath waiting for this to occur, but who knows? They seem very desperate to quash this sighting in anyway they can. This alone tells me that we are on the right track.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You can call the 301st Fighter Wing Public Affairs office at:

1-817-782-7170

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I suspect one would get better and more honest information by traveling down to Carswell, visiting the officer's club and /or N.C.O. club and socializing as a private contractor, freely buying drinks and having friendly conversations with pilots and ground crews. No great effort for an ex-military person. The B.I.O. is just going to give you some canned nonsense.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Ok...this may have been discussed a few pages back/another thread. If so, please ignore and forgive, the double post
. My parents recently got back from visiting my aunt and uncle in Boerne (forgive the spelling...it's pronounced "Burn E") this past weekend. My Dad asked my uncle what he thought about the Stephenville UFO and he replied, "Joe, I can tell you exactly what that was. I play golf with a guy who works with a military base located close to there. At night, they test fly aircraft they have they don't want the public to know about". My Dad replied with the, "yeah right?! But a MILE long?" to which my uncle said, "I'm sure it was huge but it couldn't have been a mile long". He claims our military has much more advanced technology than they admit to having (duh) and choose night time to try it all out.

I don't necessarily believe my uncle's friend and his claims. I'd like to think it was from out of this world. I didn't even know there was a base located in that area. But it makes sense that the fighter jets were following one of their own, IMHO. This most likely has been discussed. You are all so quick to get the info out, it's mind blowing. I heard all of this this afternoon and at once thought, I gotta tell all the ATS'ers

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I'm reposting this from another subscribed thread.
What no-one seems to have bought up is that this was probably not an intentional act. IF the U.S. was test flying a very large craft at higher altitude or even out of the atmosphere, then without a doubt it has some limited radar and visual stealth ability (from ground level at least). What if there was an equipment malfunction on this craft that either disabled it's stealth mechanisms or de-pressurized it ??? Take it to the deck and scramble to the closest secure facilities anyone? That would explain the 2 CHASE AIRCRAFT, as well as those jets giving the military some reasonable excuse for UFO reports, (just 10 jets on an exercise . The most direct and least visible route at that time of day thru Texas into the old (non used?)Arkansas missile fields and bomber test range areas OR into the Whiteman AFB/Ozark hills areas (home of the B-2 and it's suspected anti-gravitics mechanisms) would seem to be along the route described by witnesses.
Does this make sense to anyone else but me??

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Eighty59

It might surprise you to learn that my take on the object is that it is a secret U.S. military craft also. I have several reasons for thinking this, some of which I
have posted earlier in the thread.

[edit on 1/30/2008 by TheAvenger]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Yknot

A definite possibility I think. I have been studying these large craft for a while, and they are commonly sighted in populous areas. The reason for the seemingly non-covert actions of a covert craft puzzle many of us. There have been many sightings of these craft, usually at night when they're just weird lights and appear to be in odd shapes. If this (nearly) daylight alleged sighting of a craft at Stephenville proves true, it makes this a very unique event. That's why the government is grabbing for straws to attempt disprove what was seen. I believe the witness nearly 100%, and even think I know why the craft has the spaced nodules reported. The fact that there have been no more sightings after this one tends to make me believe that the government controls these craft, not E.T.

Here's some info on the "secret base" they may fly out of:

Source: Wikipedia: Local item of interest: Walnut Springs, Texas, Mystery "Airport"
December 31, 2007 notes:

A few miles south of Walnut Springs, behind significant hills on the west side of the site, and dense foliage on the east side, lies what appears to be an abandoned airport. Terrain and foliage, plus relative distance from highway TX-144 on the west side, and highway TX-927 on the east side, prevent unrestricted viewing of the location.

The facility is not marked as abandoned (magenta circle with an "x" centered on the circle) on any VFR sectional, or, any other aerial navigation map, unlike other abandoned or closed airports across the world, and by ICAO convention (International Civil Aviation Organization).

However, online photography does show both "runways" on site (there is a large, main runway of about 6,000 feet in length, and a smaller, slightly fan-shaped surface of about 1,500 feet in length), marked with what appears to be FAA-standard yellow "x" markings, indicating the surfaces are abandoned runways, but are unusable, unsafe, or both.

The physical location is inside a rough triangle that is composed of the cities of Walnut Springs, Morgan, and Meridian. The latitude and longitude is N 32.02536, W -97.67854, respectively.

The mystery airport is not the Diamond Seven Ranch private airstrip, located north-northwest of Morgan.

The site is easily found on all free mapping web sites. Microsoft TerraServer USA and Google Maps have the best photography of the location yet found.

All roads leading to the location are closed with green-painted US Government gates, and "No Trespassing" signs abound. The described signage is true for the entrance from TX-927, and TX-144.

January 1, 2008 Update:

Overnight research and correspondence has provided a potential explanation for this location's "mystery" airport.

Apparently, the site is a either a former, or still active, testing location for cross-section reflectivity of different types of ground- and aircraft-based radar. The relative proximity of the Ft. Worth, Texas, military/industrial manufacturing base may have a bearing on the facility. The facility is not a runway for aircraft, in the conventional sense. ( That's B.S., there is at least a 3,000 foot runway there.)

Several similar locations can be found in California and Florida.

There's a runway for sure. May or may not be relevant.

[edit on 1/31/2008 by TheAvenger]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
lots of chatter i like it but some maybe misdirected i think atc ft worth center is where pandoras box sits closed atleast 20 outbound aircraft and 20 inbound flew right through this area at 5ish pm on jan 8 if theres no chatter on those tapes then theres nothing to the story and the airforce would have to call ft worth center to go to afterburners right through civilian airspace im thinkin that atc tapes are stored in a clean room just for aviation insurance purposes i might be mistaken but i dont think so i think pandora might be ready to come out oh and notice that larry king got rid of his retairforce guy from the last show because he nay sayed that these people didnt see jets and probably saw sun dogs there some humor there i think he has been reassigned

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Noticing that the Stephenville Empire-Tribune fired Journalist Angelia Joiner after she continued to f/u on the incident during her own time seems a bit odd to me. Anyone else?
Also I was noticing many similarities to witness accounts of the pheonix lights i.e. heat mirage signatures against the craft surface, shape and light configurations, etc.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
originally im from san antonio, so when my sister and mom told me what was going on with the news down there i was kind of shocked. i lived in san antonio until i was 19, (23 n0w) and this is the first time ive ever heard of ufo sightings in my hometown. that doesnt mean that they have never happened, just that im hearing about them for the first time...

u mentioned something about other surrounding towns witnessing anything? san antonio and corpus christi are a couple of them...

i found this article
axcessnews.com...
while i searching for that article i came across this as well:
www.ufoevidence.org...

reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
ufo seems to be revealing themselve more with each day

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

new topics

top topics