It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I personally find the story interesting...nothing more.

Proving that aliens exist...that UFO's are indeed aliens...that the government is covering up the existance of UFO's and aliens...it's all trivial. It all comes down to perception and belief. Perception can be warped and belief is usually a measure of your acceptable margin of perception. Either one can be manipulated.

So...for me...when our extraterristial neighbors actually land in NYC or LA, pop top and say "Here I am!" and I possibly meet one...I'll just keep watching.

Oh and here's some food for thought.....What if Human's ARE the most technologically advanced species in the universe? What if, simply, there are no other species in the ENTIRE universe that are not as advanced as we are.

It could be true....

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

No offense, NGCHunter, but the Ponzo illusion probably doesn't apply to this case. I find it odd that you are using weakly linked phenomena to question the observations of something you weren't even present to analyze. Sounds like arbitrary negation of other's perceptions. Not particularly scientific.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Well the Air Force pretty much denied it but thats natural and if an expiermental craft was being tested they usually shadow and film them. So if it was expiermental they wouldn't admit to anything and thats what they did. So who do you trust the Air force that would deny either way or several witnesses that have nothing to gain. Now I confused myself even.

mikell

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon
Oh and here's some food for thought.....What if Human's ARE the most technologically advanced species in the universe? What if, simply, there are no other species in the ENTIRE universe that are not as advanced as we are.
It could be true....

It could be true.
It’s also about as likely as golden monkeys flying out of my backside.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Not the first time this has happened.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyknockers

Originally posted by zeeon
It could be true....

It could be true.
It’s also about as likely as golden monkeys flying out of my backside.

Don't be so flippant, Zeeon has a very valid point. The universe is a very violent place, wandering black-holes, stars going supernova, asteroids. And even if a species manages to dodge all that, they still have to worry about the phenomena on their own planet, new diseases, climate, etc. Intelligent species much older than us could be wiped out all the time.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
reply to post by ngchunter

No offense, NGCHunter, but the Ponzo illusion probably doesn't apply to this case. I find it odd that you are using weakly linked phenomena to question the observations of something you weren't even present to analyze. Sounds like arbitrary negation of other's perceptions. Not particularly scientific.

How do you know it doesn't apply? It was in the sky and you're trying to put some kind of weight on a person's wild ass guess as to the object's size? The fact is that the ponzo illusion shows how completely useless nake eye measurements of an object's size are unless you have a constant point of reference of known angular size. Even the most ardent but intelligent ufologists will tell you that if you experience a sighting, measure the angular size of the object with your fist. THAT is the only way to get a real measurement of the object'ss size. From there, you still must have a way to infer the object's distance to be able to calculate its size, but to suggest that a lay witness could perform such a calculation in their head without knowing the true angular size is just plain silly.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Symp EL

I'm glad ET/Majestic 12 helped us out with this UFO sighting.
I'm sick of the endless political analysis.
I hope the UFO gets closer so they can take a pic.
My guess is that THIS ufo was one ours. (U.S. Military)

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by merka

There is nothing in the links that state the UFO was 300ft above ground. That was in ANOTHER sighting that one guy says he can "come forward" with after the Stephenville sighting (the 300ft part was in Dublin).
Ooops!Thanks for bringing that to my attention Merka.I stand corrected.

I believe that I read another UFO report of an airline pilot that witnessed a mile long object a few months back.So this wouldn't be the first time a object of this size was reported.I'll see if I can find a link to that sighting.

Edit:Heres the link to the previous report of a UFO that big.UFO sighting

[edit on 15-1-2008 by crowpruitt]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The most credible accounts are multiple sightings.

Stephenville seems to be in the center of Texas and I can't find one word about what direction this thing was headed. Think about it - if it's a real sighting, the most important thing is 'the location' and then the second most important would be 'why that location.'

Was it headed towards a major city? In between two major cities? Was it headed toward open water? Toward Mexico? Why are there no reports from the surrounding towns?

Besides remoteness, what else is in the area? A quick check and that answer is agriculture, livestock and coal.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I am troubled that it took 6-7 days for this sighting to make the news. If the major sighting was on Jan 8th why do we hear about it now? If I had known about it last week, I would have gathered up some gear and spent a few days down there(only 150 miles away) investigating and trying to get pictures and/or video.

In my opinion, the government does have huge covert airships (blimps)commonly known as black triangles.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

I live in sville. my gma that lives here too said that she heard it was going down hwy 67 which is towards glen rose. glen rose is where the nuclear power plant is. maybe there is a connection.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Well, these people saw something and what they saw has yet to be identified. So, by definition we are dealing with Unidentified Flying Objects. Until someone can clearly identify what was seen, a UFO it is.

The quote where size of a mile long and a 1/2 mile wide does not include the details of positioning of the craft or the viewer in order to accurately support or criticize the description.

If the craft was out behind my land, there are certainly positions that it could be in where I could indeed accurately identify length and width based on my familiarity with the landmarks in the area and knowing the distance between those landmarks. Put the craft too far out, and I'd have trouble being accurate in my estimates.

It'll be interesting to see what becomes of this story, but I will have to go with the hunch that it will disappear quickly and quietly with no real answers provided.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
yep couldnt agree more avenger, but a mile wide goverment blimps is a different story.

Lets see what develops on this one, someones got to have taken pictures and now with the reward money on offer hopefully well see them sooner rather than later..

Though knowing the us gov the reward money is probably on offer from them, step forward mr photographer well be taking all those pics and footage, nothing to see here move along

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Yea the government would surely test a crazy top secret blimp (which is laughable as a concept) over a populated area.

NO NO NO...
they have miles & miles of empty deserts siezed off for just such things..

Originally posted by zeetroyman
yep couldnt agree more avenger, but a mile wide goverment blimps is a different story.

Lets see what develops on this one, someones got to have taken pictures and now with the reward money on offer hopefully well see them sooner rather than later..

Though knowing the us gov the reward money is probably on offer from them, step forward mr photographer well be taking all those pics and footage, nothing to see here move along

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
@MurderCityDevil:

ok, a little off topic here: how many believe in orbs? just insects? or paranormal energies?

I've seen the orbs several times above Burbank, CA. So, post your pics! Don't be stingy.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
so no one thinks that my connection of the nuclear power plant and the sightings has wings?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
And further more why would they send Jets to chase their OWN craft and draw even more attention to it..all you nay sayers are really lookin like fools here..your 'excuses' just dont add up to anything

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeetroyman

My pictures would be posted only here, knowing full well that the reward could be a ruse. I don't need the money anyway; I want truth.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
so no one thinks that my connection of the nuclear power plant and the sightings has wings?

UFOs have been known to fly over and perhaps even land around nuclear materials, so yes, maybe so. What direction was it moving down Hwy 67? South?

[edit on 1/15/2008 by TheAvenger]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join