It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I thought I'd never post in an UFO thread.
But I have just finished watching Larry King Live, and now I can say that I have finally seen what is probably (I hope so!) the last frontier of ignorance and just plain stupidity. No, not plain: unbelievable, amazing, mind-boggling stupidity.

"Are you trained to watch at the sky...?"

"Pilots are not trained to observe. They are only trained to drive airplanes."

Those are just two of the bezels, straight from the horse's mouth.

Oh, and to the final question from his opponent: "Why is it so difficult to just say WE DON'T KNOW?"... the man replied: "Because there is no evidence! Because there is no evidence!"

I think this reply is one for the annals...
I am very glad it's on tape!

I wonder how the Amazing Randi is feeling tonight, after such a fine performance from his fellow "skeptic"... (I honestly feel sorry for all the self-styled skeptics tonight.)

P.S. Look for the transcript at CNN in the next few days.
Although I doubt that a transcript can do justice to the spectacle that I just witnessed...

[edit on 18-1-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
That was so lame. So the interview basically ends with the skeptic saying that there is no trained observers who have seen ufo's? F-ing ASTRONAUTS have seen them! what the hey? this is so lame! I will not check this thread until our witnesses reply from the meeting!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

But have you HEARD him, Jason?
I mean that McGahe guy or whatever his name was?

I cannot believe the stupidity - honestly, it's unbelievable that people like that can even function normally, let alone... drive airplanes?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I lied. I actually took this thread to vermont and made a life-partner of it. Hmmppfff... I hate that they don't want us to know. Makes me a little worried about the bigger picture. Oh well.
P.S. I'm headed east to death valley on monday for two days. Follow my thread and if I get something, I'll let you all know!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Don't forget that pilots aren't trained observers, so in that case astronauts must not be either. Yet this clown Mcgaha is trained to be a skeptic? He was also a pilot so what does that make him? In my opinion, Mcgaha may be the best thing to happen to the ufo community, he really sounds like a fool and every ufo witness makes him look that way, at least to me.

I've read before, more than likely on ATS that some skeptics were on the government payroll, they were paid to be a skeptic, I would agree with that. If Mcgaha is a paid skeptic, he's not a very good one, in my opinion. he's terrible.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Thank you, Dulcimer!

Me and my daughter (Fretling on ATS) will be there for this.

Then we're going on down to Houston to look for a missing person.

It's our mother-daughter-try-to-make-a-difference-weekend.

Nice to see someone who goes out of their way to help others. My wife and I spent last Saturday looking for a missing 13 year old that was murdered by her older sister's boyfriend. It's exhausting and hard listening to the families anguish but I would hope someone would do it for me if I was ever in that horrible situation. Keep your eyes open you never know what you are gonna find. My wife tripped on a money bag thrown off of the bridge from a robbery one month earlier. "We turned it over to the police, no cash just change
" . Also found a guy living in a make shift tent under the bridge by our river. Guess he just doesn't want to work. Jobs everywhere here now with an estimated 15,000 illegal aliens leaving Oklahoma.

Back on topic. I'm really looking forward to any information you can relay from this meeting. I hope you get a chance to post before your search.

[edit on 18-1-2008 by on_yur_6]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
What defines a trained observer? If I worked in quality control on an assembly line, I hold an advantage over a lay-person when it comes to many details. But if I wasn't, and I went to an auto assembly line as an "untrained" observer, I think I would notice if a bicycle part came through. or a rubber ducky. Pilots may not be trained observers, but they know when something is amiss. I have seen them three times. I am a Marine corp veteran, and although I have not seen everything there is in the sky, I know what a UFO is.
This is just absurd, and I feel cheated. by everyone.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Missed the begining of the Larry King show. First time I have sat down to watch that show in ages. He's a horrible interviewer and proved it again tonight. But, this topic hasn't died yet and it's still being discussed in the major media outlets. The skeptic was a complete idiot. I like the lady who was responded by saying, "I'm not an expert and it's not something I follow but I watched it fly over my head and it blacked out the stars." Oh and she reminded him five other people also witnessed this. But since this mouth breathing skeptic believed they are not trained observers they didn't really see a UFO. I guess you go deaf also and can't hear five planes in formation.

Did anything good show up about the sightings in Texas? I missed that part in the begining.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Regarding The Larry King Show......

In my opinion Skeptic James McGaha came across as being totally ignorant! Especially with the statement, "Pilots aren't experts!"
He wasn't listening to girls eyewitness reports saying it was a solid object.
James instead insisted it was *just* lights. Skeptic James looked pretty stupid to me.

Stanton Friedman was impressive as was Ken Cherry & James Fox. I thought the girls from Stephenville were excellent witnesses and they didn't back down.

I think Stanton was laughing at the Skeptic and Larry told him not to laugh.
I thought Stanton was going to say what he said on the ATS mix which was.... "It's an insult to God to think we're the best he can do." But he didn't. Asked by Larry, "Stanton what do you think that thing was?" Stanton Friedman say's, "The Mothership" without any hesitation. Way to Go Stanton!

So what if the skeptic got the last word. It just made him look stupider.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
After watching the Larry King episode I think it is safe to say that ATS covered the subject just as good, if not better than the show.

Im not a big fan of that skeptic dude (I do not hate skeptics, I hate arrogant people).

Stanton did a good job. I like when he said that the skeptic dude had no physical evidence of a supernova etc. That was good stuff.

Im not sure I am qualified to post here anymore.

As for the Texas case as a whole? Well I was hoping for more photos, but we did not get much. Seems like they had a few more trucker shots?

I was hoping for something really good. Oh well.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I don't like to post here often, simply because what is said is often quite ridiculous, but I decided to revisit these forums and post some comments.

First and foremost:

I do not like the CNNivideo report that CNN is circulating. It does not fit the description of what was described in any way, shape, or form, and the video takers are quite questionable.

Secondly, and most importantly:

I have always had the impression that AC scoffs at UFO stories, and he seems to be taking this one quite seriously, and additionally seemed to find that ivideo odd.

It is not just his part, but even on Larry King tonight, who I have always felt takes the issue seriously, was even more pro-ufo than on previous shows, and Blitzer even got in on tonight's act, which I cannot remember from previous LKL UFO specials.

Blitzer, LKL, and AC in my opinion are the most prominent CNN figures (along with Ampur (sp) and Dobbs) and they all risked their journalistic credibility to in many ways support this story.

I think tonight's change of journalistic attitude towards this subject may be very significant in the coming future.

I have to disagree with some of you though that the OOtB director was quite spot on. I found him to be childish in many aspects of the interview, but I imagine sitting next to Friedman it would be easy to do. I have to acknowledge him though for tying in the political relation aspect of this issue into the show, and I hope people act upon it.

The skeptic indeed come off as ignorant on the subject, and I would say poorly informed as well.

Unfortunately the ignorance goes both ways, and the pro-ufo community is just as filled, if not more so, with ignorance as the anti-ufo community.
A major hurdle into making this a major issue is streamlining the pro community into a more professional function, which has standards for evaluation that can be applied to all sightings. I think a great example, if it would be updated more often, and perhaps distanced themselves from some of their more sketchy associations would be NUFORC. Examples of trace evidence cases are quite favorable as well to achieve this more desirable and united state. This is not something that can be achieved in the short term, but if everyone here at this site would help to lead towards rationalization, and not towards lunacy, then this process may be made easier and the pro-community even more credible.

Still, the journalistic attitude of the topic is one of the most significant developments for discussing UFOs and extraterrestrial life.

[edit on 19-1-2008 by Platinumstorm]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Europa733

Sorry, I do not need to ask nor anyone else. This sighting is a fake. There are no coordinates ever cited of the exact location, hey on Live Leak at least our troops give coordinates about videos they post made in Iraq, and Afghanistan. Maybe the poster needed to post something better since no better thasn what I saw on Larry king last night is available of the UFO its to late they have completely figured it out as being airplanes flying in formation. Read the Transcript on Larry King at CNN, Jan. 18, 2008. I also recorded fragments of the telecast. I do not believe this mistaken identity of a UFO, if our government had a UFO it would be identified properly.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Well I just watched the Larry King live show rebroadcast and I have to say, that of all the shows I've seen him do, this is the most pro UFO show I have seen on CNN. Even though the usual skeptic was given his due, Larry still questioned what he believed instead of the other way around. I found it strange that James Fox was acting a bit skeptical and then play both sides, but overall it was one for the books. They were raising this Texas sighting up there with the Phoenix lights, which I found surprising.

I can't wait to hear what those members have to say after going down there for the conference.

Good luck ya'll.

Did that sound southern like?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

Oh so your report of the 15th at CNN failed to see the left AD of Larry King Live - Are UFOs descending on Texas? Eyewitness accounts of what they saw and heard. Friday, 9 p.m. ET see full schedule. Anyways Larry King Live has now covered the matter and it has been determined to be a false report of a UFO. See Larry King transcript. I watched the CNN telecast and recorded some of it. I fail to find any reason to believe as many are about the UFO described as being a UFO and agree its a fake representation report.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Haven't had time to read thru all 27 pages, so if this has already been posted, my apologies.

I'm listening to C2C right now and George has on that lady from Earthfiles who interviewed some hunter who saw this thing up close. They're playing the interview now, if you are interested maybe you can catch it on the re-play. KFI out of Los Angeles re-plays C2C at 2am pacific time (I think). You can get the stream online at:

KFI On Demand

There is also a full story on Earthfiles along with a transcript of the interview comlpete with drawings. Here is the link:

www.earthfiles.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Texas UFO on Earthfiles

Intersting stuff, Cheers.

[edit on 19-1-2008 by DrZERO]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
This story must be generating good traffic for some news dudes. Check out this article:

An East Texas woman says she captured pictures of what she believes everyone is mistaking for a UFO sighting. Cherika Johnson of Longview snapped shots of a blimp that was flying over Louisiana on Saturday. Johnson believes this is what many have seen and incorrectly identified as a UFO.

"When I saw the one from Louisiana the photo from last night I thought that maybe they were mistaking the UFO for what I saw as a blimp because it kind of had the same similarities and shape" says Johnson.

Source

They don't even show the photos. Just some lady talking about seeing a blimp.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112
What do you do when there are no pics or vids available? Animate!

First thinking of pencil and paper you put yourself on a drawn map with Norst, South, East, and West clearly shown with respect to the direction a object is seen and with reference to a direction it was moving and with turns and speed ibids like arrows in the direction it moved and where you were on the map and some highway and county road numbers not just houses without addresses. If more objects enter the scene adding more pages always helps but to just sit there and do nothing become suspicious intentions, it urks for someone else to do the drawings. Good police work helps like names and addresses of more witnesses so you don't leave it to the police to figure out who they are when you mention them in a full hand written statement they always want you to write when you get to the Police Station so type it up and then go there. That is evidence and when more people do it, it makes a better news worthy item. All I see so far is 2 daylight photos of a boy standing on a hillside and nothing like he wants to show on paper. It urks for someone to bring this information forward doesn't it. Anyway you see lots of things on You Tube, checkout a search on You Tube for Larry King Jan 18th 2008 UFO Live and read the transcript. So if I ever get a chance I may thingk to do that but why shouldn't I. If everyone seems OK on charging UFO each time something appears why then doesn't anyone say,

"ON FIRE MARIJUANA STOGGY AND KILO TOSSED FROM PLANE, SUSPECTS APPREHENDED AND RETURNING THEM TO AIRPORT, TELL WIFEY I WILL BE HOME SOON, OVER" "YOU TELL HER YOURSELF, OVER" "I THINK YOUR NAGGING, OVER" "WELL, I'M NOT THE ONE DOWN THERE CALLING THE POLICE NEWSPAPERS, RADIO STATIONS AND TV NEWS MEDIA TO REPORT A UFO, OVER" "NO BUT LET'S GET THIS ONE THING CLEAR, I AM THE ARRESTING OFFICER, YOUR JUST A ROOKY, OVER" "THAT MAKES ME HAPPY, I GET TO GO HOME AND YOU HAVE TO WRITE A TWO HOUR REPORT, OVER" "TWO HOURS, I HOPE YOU KNOW I GOT SPEECH RECOGNITION ON MY COMPUTER, EVERYTHING IS ALREADY WRITTEN, OVER" "YOUR JUST RUBBING IT IN CAUSE I GOT LUNCH FREE FROM THOSE BABES, OVER" "NO BUT AT LEAST I HAVE A BETTER ALIBI AND YOUR ON THE AIRE, OVER" "OH, OVER AND OUT, OVER"

Has, radio scanners stopped being used for marijuana or not at all for UFO's? When have I ever heard about a reporting being taped over a scanner and posted about it, long ago some site named earth1 or something like that posted audio of scanners and ham radios.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrZERO

There is also a full story on Earthfiles along with a transcript of the interview comlpete with drawings. Here is the link:

www.earthfiles.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Texas UFO on Earthfiles

Intersting stuff, Cheers.

[edit on 19-1-2008 by DrZERO]

Wow, that witnesses account is pretty amazing. He is basically telling us that an enormous mothership-like craft, similar to something from Independence Day, was hovering right above him. If he really saw what he says he saw then this is pretty crazy... he even drew a picture of what he saw above him:

www.earthfiles.com...

www.earthfiles.com...

Another interesting point was that he saw "mirages" coming off of the craft similar to heat coming off of the hot ground. Could this be attributed to some sort of anti-gravity propulsion? At this point one could still possibly think it could have been a blimp, but then what about the speed? The witness said it flew away so fast that if he had blinked it would have seemed as if it just disappeared. I don't see how any huge metal-looking object could move at those types of speeds. I wish we had video because there is definitely something going on.

[edit on 19-1-2008 by Diplomat]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Alex Krycek

WHY IS EVERYONE ASKING ABOUT JETS, F14'S, F-16'S, MILITARY AIRCRAFT IF HELICOPTERS WERE WHAT WAS BEING SEEN, LARRY KING LIVE CNN. ALSO IF SOME IDEA OF FLARES WERE SEEN WHY COULD IT NOT HAVE BEEN A POLICE BUST IN ACTION AND THIS MEANS SO MUCH IS BEING ASSUMED WITHOUT FACT AND THIS MISLEADS THE PUBLIC, WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE WHEN FACTS NEED TO BE HONESTLY ACCESSED WILL THESE PEOPLE STRAIGHTEN UP AND FLY RIGHT SOME DAY OR IS IT GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN AND AGAIN WITH THEM, I WOULDN'T WANT THEM FOR A DOCTOR IF THAT IS THEIR LIFE DESIRE FOR A CAREER. THE UNEXPLAINED LIGHTS OVER IRAQ IS BETTER THAN THIS.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19-1-2008 by Dulcimer]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Here´s the LARRY KING SHOW: Ufos over texas FULL VIDEO.
Sorry if posted before.

www.divshare.com...

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join