It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
wanted to add, I think it's been posted already,

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lyingunderoath

Elko perhaps? That's about 45 mins south of the Twin Cities.

As to the rest of this thread from this post on. You all bring up great points, and thanks for the heads up that Larry King will be talking about this Texas sighting and ufo's in general again. While I'm not a big LK fan, it does lend credence to the ufo subject, because millions watch him. If he does have a debunker on tonight, I hope it's not the guy he had on last time a month or two ago, He came across like a complete fool.

As some here have stated, if the air force doesn't investigate any longer, don't tell us what we see/have seen, just keep quiet, it makes the air force look foolish, in my opinion.

I very much enjoy this website, the work some of the members put in here, is amazing, at least to me.

I watch the history channel quite a bit, they just advertised the ufo hunters again, if some of you don't know yet, it begins February 6th, and I can't wait, just hope it doesn't rehash all the shows about ufo's we've all seen 10 times already.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
wanted to add, I think it's been posted already,

Ooops sorry :emberassed: I just saw it was on Youtube (busy at work) and didn't see it in a couple pages of discussion so I wasn't sure

/me beaten to the punch again

Originally posted by Chiiru
reply to post by Torlough

I'd love to see that vid tor, but the link is invalid ^_^

I fixed it it is a simple URL now, slightly differnt from Crakeur but basically the same stuff and Crakeur is clearer I think. I find it interesting she didn't want to be identified.

[edit on 18-1-2008 by Torlough]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Regarding the home video that was taken by an unidentified woman --

Is there any way that ATS can try and get their hands on it or a copy of it before it conveniently disappers or gets edited?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I just opened an e-mail from a friend who said he has talked with the Larry King people and is heading to New York for this evenings show.

He gave this link for the show and you can ask question at the King site:

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 18-1-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
So where do these things go? I haven't read a description of these things rising up into the stratosphere and disappearing. I'm always intrigued by the way these huge ships can be floating along in plain sight of dozens of people, and then kind of zoom off to the horizon, never to be seen by anyone again. Nobody else along the line of flight. Poof! They're gone.

I understand how they can fly off into more rural territory with fewer people around to see them. But this country is crawling with people all hours of the day or night on major highways. That still doesn't stop these things from just vanishing, though. Fascinating.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Nohup,

I contend your argument couldn't be more wrong. My sighting was in a rural area and from the day it happened I knew that on any other night I would have missed, and so would everyone else in that area missed, what happened above me. The only reason I looked up as we traveled through the rural area was because my elderly father was droning on about a TV show I didn't care anything about...so I decided to sit back and stare at the sky.

What, do you think us rural folks spend all our time laying flat of our backs in wheat fields staring up?

No...we're usually tired at the end of the day.

What I saw didn't arc, which means when it streaked across more than a quarter of the available circular horizon it wasn't following the earth's curvature...it shot straight and went out of sight.

I understand and sympathize with these people right now because I know how infuriating it can be to have people who usually don't have any idea what their talking about say tremendously stupid things about what it probably was and you know damned well...there's no way in hell it was that.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I apologize for having to ask this, because I know darned well it's buried in this multi-page thread, but could some one PLEASE post the time for which the MUFON conference is supposed to held in Stephenville? Also, if you know the address, could you give it?

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

The Texas chapter of the Mutual UFO Network, or MUFON, has scheduled a session starting at 1 p.m. CT Saturday in Dublin, Texas, to interview Allen and other witnesses. To hear MUFON state director Ken Cherry tell it, the spectators and journalists in attendance might well outnumber those witnesses. "Normally we do this in a more private setting," he told me today.

Nevertheless, Cherry said he has received eyewitness reports from at least 40 to 50 "folks who sound credible," via telephone (817-379-0773) or the MUFON Web site.

Source

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Thank you, Dulcimer!

Me and my daughter (Fretling on ATS) will be there for this.

Then we're going on down to Houston to look for a missing person.

It's our mother-daughter-try-to-make-a-difference-weekend.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Larry King is starting.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
So where do these things go? I haven't read a description of these things rising up into the stratosphere and disappearing. I'm always intrigued by the way these huge ships can be floating along in plain sight of dozens of people, and then kind of zoom off to the horizon, never to be seen by anyone again. Nobody else along the line of flight. Poof! They're gone.

I understand how they can fly off into more rural territory with fewer people around to see them. But this country is crawling with people all hours of the day or night on major highways. That still doesn't stop these things from just vanishing, though. Fascinating.

I asked that same question in another thread.

Also, I think a pilot is able to tell a chinese lantern from a mile long "thing" in the sky.

[edit on 18-1-2008 by D.Gribble]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'm watching Larry King and the people that saw it said they were burning brush. I know that we have been under a burn ban so don't know why they were burning. I know that some people burn anyway.

Also, I can't believe that they are outside. It is so freakin cold here tonight.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Double Post.

[edit on 1/18/2008 by stellawayten]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

I thought it was in sville... not dublin.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Seeing the part where people are describing what they saw and then they print the "explanation" really makes me mad.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
stella,

I think you are misinterpreting what Larry King's staff are doing there. They are showing the ludicrous "official explanations" attached to credible sightings.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Yeah, I know. But it makes me mad at the govt for making up such lame ass excuses!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Why in the &*%^ did King end it on the skeptic's final word? I would have rather heard a little less about Pheonix, as relivant as it is, and a lot less from the skeptic and more about the actual event.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well just finished watching LK. Look inconclusive at best. I can only hope MUFON comes up with something. I was hoping Larry would unleash a mutha of disclosure but we are back to where we started. Lots of witnesses but no cigar...seems to be a pattern.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join