It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

Yeah, I'm up to speed with you, now. So that does raise the question about what the people in Stephensville describe versus the truck driver. Can we determine where the truck driver's photo was taken, and what direction the camera is facing?

[edit on 18-1-2008 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial

Can we determine where the truck driver's photo was taken, and what direction the camera is facing?

He was facing west. The sun is setting according to his statement, and the sun is framed in the lower right of the photo.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial

Yeah, I'm up to speed with you, now. So that does raise the question about what the people in Stephensville describe versus the truck driver. Can we determine where the truck driver's photo was taken, and what direction the camera is facing?

Well assuming that he's facing the sunset, it would be West-ish. But the object looks like its travelling North (I may be confoosled atm).

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I don't know Texas, but it would be interesting if someone could plot a course of this object from the trucker story to any known time frame in the Stephenville area sighting.

Or vice versa.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Yeah, its definitely, westish. I wonder if we can get a more accurate bearing on the position and the object. And then compare that with Stephensville, and where they claim they saw it. I'd ask the constable to descibe where it was, how much of the sky it took up, etc, and then cross reference.

MUFON might do it, but it would be cool if we could get the info. I think MoonModerator [edit: Dulcimer] is right, the two stories aren't very similar.

gotta slow down positing, i'm on the same track as MoonModerator, who's got it down.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I made a quick, crude map. This actually looks like he could be seeing the real deal. The line of sight looks legit.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
I made a quick, crude map. This actually looks like he could be seeing the real deal. The line of sight looks legit.

So, assuming for a moment that the trucker is seeing the "mile-long" object, how far away would it need to be for it to appear this large in a photo?

The reason I am wondering is this: some have stated that there is a discrepancy between his statement and others because he did not see jet aircraft in pursuit. If this object is a mile long, and appears this size in the photo, would the jet fighters have even been visible from his distance to the object? Or would he have been able to view the lights on the object, being at such a distance and facing the setting sun?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Here is the map.

The green dot is Stephenville
The red dot is the UFO?
The blue line would be the truck drivers route, along with the turn in which he lost sight of it.

Direct Link To Map

[edit on 18-1-2008 by Dulcimer]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
didn't someone mention the object 'split' or 'morphed'? Could this be the reason why the trucker's sighting was a little varied?

edit: spelling -_-

[edit on 18-1-2008 by Chiiru]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The problem is that if he lost sight of it so quick, how long did it really stay in the Erath county area?

Im bored.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
reply to post by JustMike

It was really strange. It was a black ticker with white lettering. It was at the top of the screen but not all the way at the top. I would say about six inches down or so. It went by really fast. It had a couple of those beeps and said something like there will be a test of the... I can't remember exactly what system it said but it said for dfw and tarrant county at 3:26 p.m. (not exactly sure the exact time.)

It just went across the screen one time. And it went by very fast.

Sorry stellawayten. I obviously missed that. I have not seen any test like that. I was questioning you so much because I have friends and family who work for some televison stations. I was hoping they might know what it was. Unfortunatley none of them work for nbc 5. Ill ask around anyways, mabye theyll know a person that knows something about it. Your absolutley right though, It does seem very odd.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I think this will be my last post in this thread until after I view the Larry King episode.

I have one major problem with all this. Ok, so we have "dozens" of witnesses. Great. I look at this map, I look at the highway systems, and I think to myself, if there was a huge object in the sky, tons of drivers would see this. There should be even more witnesses if the truck driver story is legit.

Edit: Did I get the truck route wrong?

[edit on 18-1-2008 by Dulcimer]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Did I get the truck route wrong?

I think you might have. He was driving from Louisville, KY to Brady, so would probably have gone through DFW. He's on a big highway, so it might have been either I-20 West or I-35 South depending on his route.

I'm not sure if Hwy 67 is divided like that, it's been a while since I've been down that road, but that's a possibility as well.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I changed it. I believe this is correct now...

Im just going to wait and see what becomes of all this mess.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

"...One person cannot track it in their binoculars, yet another watches it through a scope steady enough to see no bolts etc...."

Well, that would be the angle of view. A completely horizontal passage would be difficult to track side to side with any device. But if the object was coming at you head on...or better at a shallow oblique angle? You could track it pretty good with a scoped rifle,

Raf

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
sdp333's quote,

She was an ER nurse for 30 years, seen all kinds of horror imaginable, was robbed and shot in the arm in South Florida and managed to calmly drive herself to the hospital.

Here we have another reliable witness to a UFO in Texas. Doesn't seem to me she would scare too easily. Thank-you for your input sdp333. It definitely appears the people are seeing *MORE* than one UFO.
I'm sure Larry King will have a Hard-Core Skeptic on the program.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I'd also want to see a bit of a background check on all of the remaining witnesses, including the truck driver who took the photo, the trucking company owner, and other witnesses. I'd make sure they are all real people. Make sure there is no injected disinformation from deliberate disinfo people, pathological fabricators, people with poor dissociation from fantasy, etc. Someone would have to do the foot traffic to suss that out. I'd need Bigelow's kinda money to do that, I guess. This gets complicated, fast. But for the most part, I'm operating on the assumption that so far, each of the accounts is worth comparing with the others. And so working on locating that place where that photo was taken is crucial, as far as I am concerned. If we could contact the trucker and narrow down the location, maybe someone could get out there and figure out the position and bearing. From the sun position we could then calculate the approximate time of the photo, etc.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Video of the texas UFO recorded in Louisiana.

www.youtube.com...

This May Be The Best Video Of The Stephenville Texas UFO captured so far. Following the movement as described by the Texas Country Sheriff, At a high rate of speed; the UFO was seen in Webster County Louisiana near the Louisiana Arkansas border. At that location, the UFO was videotaped. The strange strobing lights underneath the belly of the UFO were also described vividly by the Texas County Sheriff, this gives further evidence that it was indeed the same UFO.

[edit on 18-1-2008 by Torlough]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Torlough

I'd love to see that vid tor, but the link is invalid ^_^

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
here's the vid

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>