It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I guess that could be a possibility BUT... sville is pretty rural and the places that this was seen sounds like it was in the country where not very many cars would be.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

in all honesty im suprised this post is still going and with not much proof to back up the whole shibang

although with mass sightings its hard to imagine all those people are in cahoots

if anything they can open up a new cafe and have it be alien themed and put them on the map for tourists, hmmm

i smell a conspiracy here

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Right about now, you are going to start seeing many people trying to explain this in a simple way.

In response to the mirage idea, ( which is a descent idea):

Once again, a scientist was quoted as saying that "extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof". This is one of the most annoying mistatements of all time.

Extraordinary claims do not require extra proof. They require only sufficient proof. They may require EXTRAORDINARY EVIDENCE in order to reach proof, but PROOF IS ALWAYS A CLOSURE CASE. It never requires anything extra.

Now, if the interviewed astronomer can't even get her head around basic philosophy, why is she allowed to provide armchair explanations from a distance about something she didn't see?

I'm not claiming that this was or wasn't such a mirage. That point is irrelevant to my present concern with hierarchic dispensation of inadequate science based mythology. As a PhD scientist, I spent years learning to distance myself from such projections. Its a product of the ego, not reason. So what gives with these people? They spread science based bythology by taking a phenomena (a superior mirage) and tacking it on as a casual and fanciful explanation for something, with no real testing applied.

It could be what they are saying, but at this point, is only the most simple of hypotheses. If they want to represent science, the Smithsonian better start providing adequate proof, by replicating the scenario and showing the witnesses, so they can judge its similarity. Otherwise, all they are doing is trying to put "White Out" on another persons perceptions so that they don't have to think about it. Its just applying mythology to soothe their world views from afar.

Reality is never so neat and tidy. Time to get in the field. If it is something prosaic, so be it, but lets figure it out, not just explain it away.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

the only issue I have with this, or any other offhand explanation we've heard is that there have been three different offhand explanations. one was from a former military helicopter pilot who claims he saw a flare drop. that would mean the super mirage response and the reflection off two aircraft were wrong. fine. and how do you explain the fighter jets? how do you explain over 40 people seeing it vs. one former military pilot seeing flares? you don't. makes the military pilot suspect. makes the mirage theory more plausible. but that would mean more people saw this lightning fast light show mobile mirage.

sounds inane.

not as inane as a mile long, half mile wide illusion created by the sun reflecting off two commercial airliners.

the folks that want to try and brush this under the rug should stay quiet. they claim they don't investigate ufos. then don't offer responses and explanations without investigating. if they are trying to protect us from learning about some new craft in our fleet, great. don't fly em over the general public guys. if this isn't ours and you want to avoid a panic, say nothing. giving us doug hennig illooooooosions in not going to solve the issue.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil

in all honesty im suprised this post is still going and with not much proof to back up the whole shibang

Yea, I have been watching this thread pretty closely but all these new replies just seem to be a bunch of nothing. Pretty boring actually, doesn't look like anything is going to come from this alledged sighting. Hopefully we'll have another mass sighting soon with some footage or something to back it up...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
There will be something to talk about on Friday, after Larry has MUFON on his show, or after , or eventually when a report is filed. Saturday or thereafter, for me, will be interesting, when the evidence is collected, and compared with all the explanations for what it could have been.

I'd like to see a comparison of the Town Constable's statement with the Bakersfield, CA video.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I would hope that one if not both of our Stephenville based ATS members who have checked in make the 1 P.M. Saturday meeting about the incident. They could then give us a first hand report of the happenings at that meeting.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAvenger

Does anyone know where it is going to be and if the public is allowed. I will try to go if possible.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I don't know how good I would be at taking a picture, beneath a craft *A HALF MILE ACROSS & A MILE LONG.* I imagine pretty darn shakey.
That's if those things don't effect the electronics in your camera.
Your town could very well be a Hot Spot for UFO'S DaggerJack. I'm not surprised at all that this thread is still going on. A whole lot of reliable witnesses seen this thing!

In Nevada here we're having Red Flag now.

The Air Force is conducting Red Flag air combat training exercises through January 26th. The exercises involve more than 80 aircraft ranging from the B-1B bomber to the F-22A Raptor.

www.kvbc.com...

Maybe our guys are chasing the UFO's your way DaggerJack.
Glad to get 'em out of the hood for awhile.

[edit on 1/17/2008 by MountainStar]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Hi stellawayten I'm glad to meet you.
That would be really cool if you could go and give us the latests updates. DaggerJack might know where it's going to be held.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Here's what the local paper says:

The Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) has scheduled a meeting for 1 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 19, at Erath County Dairy Sales & Livestock Commission located on U.S. Highway 377/67 South. The public is invited and field representatives will conduct interviews and complete sighting forms.

I would arrive early for seating.

For more information: ANGELIA JOINER is a staff writer for the Empire-Tribune and can be reached at 254-965-3124 ext. 238 or angelia.joiner@empiretribune.com

We would greatly appreciate a report on the meeting.

[edit on 1/17/2008 by TheAvenger]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil

although with mass sightings its hard to imagine all those people are in cahoots

if anything they can open up a new cafe and have it be alien themed and put them on the map for tourists, hmmm

Its your Govenment lying about what is happening .
These people in that town saw what they saw and it was not anything that is made on Earth.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I will try to go.

I talked to my best friend tonight about it and I thought she made a good point. She was disappointed that people were making fun of Sville people on the blogs she was reading. She said... the Sville people are not the ones claiming that they saw a UFO. The media is the one that said that. They are just trying to describe what they saw.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
What about the fighter jet/s that were reported to have been chasing this craft.

If it were some secret Air Force or Govenment Technology the Air Force would not be attempting to attack it or intercept it .

So if anyone has used that argument its out the window.

The Airforce bases in the area claim that nothing was in that area or in the air at the time of this event .

I am certain there are people who will buy that story hook line and sinker.

The Air Force and those in Govenment can even say they don't care about UFO Sightings and if you buy that then I will sell you the Brookyn Bridge .

The Govenment I am sure is watching this story from the very top levels that control the information regarding Ets and UFO's.

If their were Jet fighters F-15 chasing this Craft our Govenment has alot of explaining to do .

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Cmdraleon]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
I will try to go.

I talked to my best friend tonight about it and I thought she made a good point. She was disappointed that people were making fun of Sville people on the blogs she was reading. She said... the Sville people are not the ones claiming that they saw a UFO. The media is the one that said that. They are just trying to describe what they saw.

Don't let what small minded people say about your town affect you. Texas is a great place, and so are small towns. I come from one smaller than yours myself. I am disappointed in people dissing you too. In fact, the very first report I saw on this UFO was condescending to your town and area. These kind of remarks are insulting and uncalled for. Thanks for helping out here, and please go to that meeting. I may drive down myself.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Terrylynn]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrylynn

The ATS members should wear something that lets each other know we are ATSers.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Oh I'm very well aware. The country I was born in did a 20 year study on it. Costa Rica, Mexico, Panama, Colombia, and many others run UFO programs that are not classified. Most people where I'm from believe that they are not alone in the universe and you couldn't convince them otherwise. Because, as far as they're concerned, they have had all the proof the need. An interesting note to point out. Costa Rica has no standing military force. No military agenda. And they couldn't very well tell millions of people that all they saw was swamp gas.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I didn't see this article posted and it covers much of what has already been reported but I wanted to post it up FYI, there is also a link to an audio clip from the NPR All Things Considered where they discuss the sighting.

www.npr.org

Faster than a speeding bullet — and bigger than a Wal-Mart.

That's how residents near the west Texas town of Stephenville described an object they spotted in the sky one night last week.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jainatorres
It was a chinese party lantern..they have been known to fly in formation on the gulf stream and appear to be solid, but its just a trick of the eye

Of course it was. I posted a link a while back to a video taken by a police helicopter of a ufo, and it was written off as a chinese lantern. I mean really, chinese lanterns are wonderful. They explain everything unknown in the sky. Yee-ha!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I saw a show where our military has hovering objects they use but they are not all that large. They are saying this object is 1/2 mile by 1 mi approx. and I don't think any militery has anything that big that can stay up in the air.

Let's hope that Saturday when they hold this event that a showing happens again. Take camera's if you go and listen to all you can, we here at ATS appreciate your help and we would do the same for you if/when the time would arrive.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join