It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
DaggerJack, stellawayten... you are both in the area, right?

Someone else asked early in the thread if it is possible to get some pictures of the military jets/planes/choppers that are flying around out there at the moment.

Would it be possible for either of you to do that? If nothing else, at least the members here could see what the military has flying around doing who knows what with regards to that UFO sighting. Perhaps some clear pictures might identify serial numbers where the planes can be traced to AF bases? (And who doesn't like looking at pictures of planes?)

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hey Stella...

Been inside at work all day.
Seen alot of the college kids with tinfoil caps on.

However, I just finished speaking to an elderly lady, who said she had been seeing a large cylinder (Cigar shape as she called it) that appeared to be 1 mile in length x 1.5 mile wide object over the past several days.
She believes it is the end times and christ is coming.

Might be driving out that way to see if I can see it.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Good Lord have a camera handy. If you see the choppers or F-16 get pictures.

I can't believe that people don't have a camera handy when they know what is going on.

This is a big opportunity to catch something I hope it doesn't get away.

I wish luck to everyone in the area.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I don't understand why you guys are all excited about videotaping some military jets? Are you hoping to see the UFO again or something? The people saw the UFO awhile ago...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Crakeur, are there any ATS reps. planning on being there Saturday?

1 line, sorry.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I will try to remember to keep my phone on me so I can take a pic if I see anything else. It isn't a habit to even keep it charged so I don't usually have it in my pocket or anything.

I go out and smoke frequently so maybe I will see something else.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

no plans on being there. we have stella and dagger for that.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I have a camera and camcorder.
If I see anything I will do my best to get something.

I have been busy at work and not much time till this weekend.
From what I have heard there has been multiple sightings on many days not just the one on the 15th. Many, many citizens here in this area have witnessed several differnt objects in the day and at night.

My take on this is that this area is a hotspot right now.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I haven't talked to anyone except my family and they haven't heard anything except what they read in the paper. I guess I'm not gonna be as much help as Dagger.

I went outside earlier and took a pic of an airplane flying by just to see what it would look like on my phone. I couldn't even see the airplane in the phone... I didn't transfer it to my puter so I don't know if I could see it bigger. Anyways, don't know how something important would turn out. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get a good pic from my phone?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I really hope that picture was not the object, as it may be odd, it isn't a mile and a half and most likely explainable Looks more like The jetsons car lol.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

Please don't stop posting .
I've enjoyed reading your posts.
They are very informative and we need all the people we can get to find important information.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hmmm... anyone want to do some needle in the hay stack searching..

www.ssec.wisc.edu... stline=true§or=USA6&resolution=250m

Stumbled onto this site that has satilite images for Jan/8/08 +

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Willbert]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

Oh, I won't quit posting. I was just giving an update. Since I don't have a job, I'm not out in town much and don't talk to that many people. I will do what I can.

I have a hard time believing that the ufo is going to come back... its like its a once in a lifetime thing. I'm very disappointed that I didn't get to see it since I'm always sitting outside looking up in the sky for 'something'.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Double post... sorry.

[edit on 1/17/2008 by stellawayten]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Other countries know about UFOs. It's not just the USA.
The russians have good reasons to fear the USA.
We have figured it all out and have starships of our own.
They know what the real Star Wars program was all about.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Has this been posted yet?

www.ufocasebook.com...

www.myfoxkc.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
Pretty sure my roomate and I saw the same thing early last night. I live in Southwest Louisiana right near the TX border and we saw a large object, maybe a mileish or so away flying low, "large" orangish reddish glow surrounding it. No sound whatsoever. Now all day today we've had F-15's flying circles around the town. Interesting.

The mile away part is an estimate, and at that distance, the orange glow around whatever it was was similar in size to a full moon, So whatever it was, it was BIG.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by Zenagain]

As nearly as I can figure it out, an object apparently the size of a full Moon and a mile away would be about fifty feet across (the Moon's 1/2 degree wide). So, not big.

I have a little trouble believing that myself but that's how the math works out.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Yes, this information has been posted, both in this thread and in a separate thread.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
There is a new theory out. Click here for source.

Also, here is some related reading. Check out the photos to decide for yourself.

Superior Mirage

In depth on superior mirage

Is it possible? Yeah it could be.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Dear Aliens,
(wait! is that offensive????)
Dear Galatic neighbors,
I'm so happy that you have decided to visit our quaint little planet. For those of you who ventured away from the Gas giants, I'm sure that you will find the trip, as we say, "worth the while".
Just a quick note however. There are some much more interesting sites besides nuclear power plants and dairy country on this planet! And don't believe that sign at the Stephensville diner that proposes their coffee to be the best cup for miles!
Have you considered Santa Barbara? lots of sunshine, pretty girls, and the happiest cows in the world! Plus, I WON'T FORGET MY CAMERA! you know, just to document our fun times together!
Thanks, see you soon, Jason

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join