It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Here is the video!

www.cnn.com...#/video/bestoftv/2008/01/16/cooper.shot.wed.cnn

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jess1985

You have posted the wrong video.
Someone before you already posted it so no biggie.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by zabor

Zabor,

that's some pretty wonderful work you've done there and worth a bit of positive feedback. Star for your efforts!

Mike

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

I hope you didn't think my last post was making fun of you or anything close, if so I apologize. The fact that, that one caught your attention is strange, when those come on tv we usually look at it for a second and then go back to what we were doing.

I do hope someone comes forward with a good picture or video of this object

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
You know that in this day and age where everyone has a cell phone able to make videos and take pictures, nothing on this is a bit odd.

But then again the traditional debunking / misinformatin of

"Airplanes converging with the sun"
and
"atmospheric conditions"

Reminds me of weather baloons and swamp gas, take the easist concept to grasp and say it load alot of times. Most people would rather accept the comfortable answer, ignore the reality so they can get back to there simple mundane existance.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Here is report from a police guy who saw it.

Lee Roy Gaitan, a local police officer, tells the newspaper: I was outside with my eight-year-old son, Ryan, when I saw lights. It was like nothing I've ever seen before. It was dark already. At first it was two red burning glows that went away and then came back on. I went inside to tell my wife. When I came back out I saw something like lights you'd see in a bar. My little boy and I counted and we came up with nine flashes and they were real spread out. But I couldn't see them attached to anything, just the lights. So I went to my pickup and got my binoculars to see if I could see a plane or something. Even with the binoculars there was no outline. It started moving towards Stephenville and moving so fast I had trouble following it with my binoculars. It covered a big area. It sounds crazy but we really saw what we saw.

blogs.usatoday.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NLDelta9

In this report he mentions about the binoculars he had. Does it mean that there is a tape available?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
here's a lil more info i found...this has to be one of the most amusing descriptions refering to size of a ufo in awhile...actually refering to it as "bigger than a walmart". LOL pretty amusing

www.npr.org...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
ok i guess its time for me to repeat myself to some people who dont believe in ufo's or higher intelligence...

how many planets are there in our galaxy?

then,

how many galaxies are out there in the universe besides the milky way?

now you still think higher intelligence life forms don't exist? come on now people get your head out of the sand and think logically for a second.

and this is why those people called " extremist-rationalist" who say it was an air liner make no sense.

note: i have never seen a ufo but i believe they exist and not only do they exist the government knows about it and has technology that could help the human race out but they don't want to and i agree with them in a way because if you told all those "extremist-rationalist" that ufo's exist and aliens exist they would act crazy.

I wonder if i should be one of those men in black guys hahaha... just kidding, im a "cardiac surgeon in the making".

someone please prove me wrong in anything i say.

Originally posted by crowpruitt
Can you just imagine something a mile long and a half mile wide in the sky?I would have had to change my shorts if I had witnessed that.

The report I read stated that at one point the UFO was approximately 300 feet in the air.Now imagine a mile long object 300 ft above the ground.

If this was indeed what these folks are reporting,then I can't see the U.S. gov't having an experimental aircraft of those proportions.

edit:sp.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by crowpruitt]

since i can give our government credit for antigav technology ( whether they got it from aliens or not) and i can give them credit for flying this huge thing or at least knowing how to make one.

i cant get over the guy running inside to show his wife and he didn't think about getting a camera lol. i guess he was caught in the moment.... wait no.. he couldn't have he got some binoculars... he must have taken some pictures... dont want to lose his job and give them to anyone i guess

[edit on 17-1-2008 by findme]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

"UFOs have landed...Do not panic"?

Wouldn't it be "Do not panic. Do not forget your towel."?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'm glad the airforce stated it was likely two airliners reflecting the sun, perhaps he could explain why two airliners were, flying next to one another at the time. Perhaps he would then explain that one of the airliners was perhaps three thousand feet higher than the other. That explaination is the least likely in my little mind.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by findme

That argument has been put forth a few times, I dare say. Google Frank Drake...

I think scientists more or less agree that microbial life is common throughout the universe. however, the proportion of these habitats in which sentient, technological life forms can survive and develop is very controversial, and everyone agrees more data are needed.

So, it's not a question of pure logic. There are a lot of tough scientific questions to answer.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by findme

Why should the guy think to get a camera? almost two years ago, right out my kitchen window, I saw a huge red glowing ball, about a mile away at about a quarter mile up, I stood and stared at it moving slowly, in a northeast direction, I never thought about grabbing a camera or calling out to my wife to look out the bedroom window where she was. She would have had a perfect sighting, but I didn't think about it, and she thinks I'm nuts. We discussed the Texas sighting last night, she just doesn't believe it, nor does she believe me and my sighting two years ago.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hello123456
Ron Paul how does he show for disclosure if anyone it would be Dennis I think nevermind this its time for a worldly disclosure.

Don't wanna get OT - but just to answer your question - Ron Paul is for dismantling the Military Industrial Complex, the exact organizations that are covering up the reality that a UFO flew over a small town in Texas and a policeman and a pilot saw it - and people laugh at them...
Believe me, Ron Paul will unleash the truth... why else do you think he is being attacked and ignored by all the media outlets, and the other candidates? He speaks the truth no one wants to here or see... anyhow - sorry for the OT comment - any other questions regarding ron paul - IM me please.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by disownedsky
reply to post by findme

That argument has been put forth a few times, I dare say. Google Frank Drake...

I think scientists more or less agree that microbial life is common throughout the universe. however, the proportion of these habitats in which sentient, technological life forms can survive and develop is very controversial, and everyone agrees more data are needed.

So, it's not a question of pure logic. There are a lot of tough scientific questions to answer.

if any other planet out there was as intelligent as we are they would be stuck in the same situation we are since we can't find them and they cant find us.

this isnt a tough question to answer. at least one other planet out there in the universe has to be technologically advanced as we are. it makes no sense for us to be the only ones.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Forell

Typical egregious reporting of these kinds of events. No one asked the witness how she knew the object was 400 feet away. Very likely , she didn't know this at all. This was probably a plane many miles way moving away from her near the horizon. this can create the illusion of hovering.

Of course, they show a still image, not a video, and they don't tell how long the plane "hovered." It it was a couple of minutes - unremarkable. It it was half an hour - that's possibly anomalous. Also, how did she lose sight of it? These are all obvious questions, and they either weren't asked or weren't reported.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

reply to post by findme

You also have to remember that it is "By our current standards of carbon based life forms. All you have to do is look back in history. How many scientist stated as a fact that the earth was flat, or that the earth was the center of the galexy. Being a scintist doesnt' mean you have common sense, or an open mind.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Torlough

On the contrary, scientists were the ones who knew these things weren't true, or at least weren't known. Greek scientists knew the Earth was round 2000 years ago.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I'm wondering what picture Fox news used when I first saw it on there show.

There picture wasn't anything like the ones that have been put up here and it wasn't a picture I had ever seen them use before.

It was hugh and there were lights that went around and made it look like this

U

[edit on 17-1-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Torlough

reply to post by findme

You also have to remember that it is "By our current standards of carbon based life forms. All you have to do is look back in history. How many scientist stated as a fact that the earth was flat, or that the earth was the center of the galexy. Being a scintist doesnt' mean you have common sense, or an open mind.

thanks disownedsky for telling him. and he is also moving off topic but i love the conversation.

Originally posted by saturnsrings
reply to post by findme

Why should the guy think to get a camera? almost two years ago, right out my kitchen window, I saw a huge red glowing ball, about a mile away at about a quarter mile up, I stood and stared at it moving slowly, in a northeast direction, I never thought about grabbing a camera or calling out to my wife to look out the bedroom window where she was. She would have had a perfect sighting, but I didn't think about it, and she thinks I'm nuts. We discussed the Texas sighting last night, she just doesn't believe it, nor does she believe me and my sighting two years ago.

and thats why she doesn't believe you. thats like me telling the police my name is Daniel Negreanu ... guess that they will ask for... proof by showing id.. keyword is proof... showing a picture with a name. simple stuff isn't it?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join