It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
According to this map, Stephenville (Erath county) should be under a burn ban.

I don't think anyone will be throwing out tons of flares in a situation like that.

Could one of these flares start a fire? Yep

Naughty Naughty! Don't go blaming this on flares so fast.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Dulcimer]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Awesome catch Man! I didn't even think about using the gov'ts own info against it. Some one should sue the man for the fire risk if these were really flares! I know that when I was in the Marines, we wer'nt even allowed to fire blanks during the dry seasons. so don't tell me they don't know that.
ps. Does anyone else see the similarities between all of these great sightings over the last 2 years or so? is the revelation coming? Don't let this thread die! Spencer, are you in texas yet??!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
KSLA-TV news story about a UFO sighting in Shongaloo, Louisiana, approximately the same time as the Stephenville.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
This claims to be the only footage of the ufo siting in texas. Fake? sorry if posted before, dont have the time to read the whole thread.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Thank you ATS writers/contributors. This site is pretty much what I always wanted in a website. That not everyone agrees (not even close) is amazing to read.

To the author who cited the O'Hare incident, I also bring up a news worthy citing that happened in South Africa (I won't include links... google "KZN" + "UFO") now almost 2 years ago I think.

For those that remember, the hoards of witnesses (and their subsequent testimonies) never even made it to the net, which I find unbelievable.

In that case there were supposedly going to be updates and testimonies, some follow up to supplement the couple testimonies given in the original story... but if you look through all the links, there was never a single word uttered about this incident - at least for public consumption - offered anywhere after this original offering. The witnesses were silenced publicly, but I find it hard to believe these people weren't subjected to all sorts of questioning from the one's who think they know best. This story is the one I promised myself to not forget above all else due to the details, which were admittedly very ... ambitious could be the word used here... it just sounded like a sci-fi movie all the way, and this news story definitely reminds me of that feeling I got from the S Africa story.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I rec'd some info including a short video clip from someone claiming it was the object in Texas.
Yesterday ABC -- GMA did a segment on the event (which I was happy to see a major network do), included was a man who made a sketch of what he had seen. His sketch DID NOT in anyway resemble a plane of any known sort I'm aware of. It was also claimed the object morphed into two rectangular multi lighted objects before a split-second departure.

Military (the usual denial): www.npr.org:80...

Pilot "explains it" as Military dropping flare: www.nbc5i.com:80...

Apparent video ((short) at bottom of report):
www.nbc5i.com...

As with the recent disclosure project #2, It supports the case of general interest and I'm happy to see major Networks doing some brief investigating and airing UFO related reports.

Dallas

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
According to this map, Stephenville (Erath county) should be under a burn ban.

I don't think anyone will be throwing out tons of flares in a situation like that.

Could one of these flares start a fire? Yep

Naughty Naughty! Don't go blaming this on flares so fast.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Dulcimer]

I thought flares burned up in the sky but it seems that they don't. Is that source credible or are they just guessing, i mean those flares burn with great heat and intensity but they do burn up completely i.e nothing is left to hit the ground. Of course, if a pilot use flare/chaff close enough to the ground there might not be enough time for the flare to be fully consumed, the flares burn for approx. >3.5 seconds at several thousands degrees (hotter than engine exhaust, the idea).

Another article same subject.
wcbstv.com...

Wikipedia article on countermeasure like flare/chaff
en.wikipedia.org...

Hmm, edited.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by tangent45]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Click on "Viewer Photos" - Check out image 21/22...

"After a recent wave of UFO sightings in North Texas and other parts of the United States, viewers have begun sending in photos. Click on the slideshow to see what was submitted -- or use the form below to upload your own photos."

Viewer Submitted Photos

[edit on 17-1-2008 by spectre76]

[edit on 17-1-2008 by spectre76]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Do we have any ATS representatives going down to Stephenville? I feel like we are at the mercy of the almighty media, and that's not always a good thing.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I think its time to start a "No farmer left behind" Foundation . To make sure these guys have cameras next time .. Sounds like a big opportunity was missed here.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
THEN LET ME RE-TORT MR ADMIN AND ANYONE ELSE FEELING THERE I.Q HAS BECOME LARGER THAN LIFE.....

Listen my good man/men/women.

Listen it's not all about pictures and video think about it ok ?

In the 1800's did they want video and picture's ?

No they did not exist silly me ha ha ha or did they ?

See what im getting at the power of mutliple actual human being's being able to capture this event with there mark one eyeball's is 100X more powerfull than any image.

Did the elders of time's gone bye pull out there Minolta Dimage 7'S and snap away ?

NO NO NO.

See this for what it is.

It is for us it is not against us.

More desired would be a mass of human being's looking at an event more than a image of the digital or film nature being laughed at.

Now maybe you understand my point !

Regards
Lee

[edit on 14-1-2008 by h3akalee]

Wow, I do not even know how to respond to that, but I just couldn't help myself from hitting the reply link.

That was really poor.

It is comments like this that sometimes make ATS look like a haven for the Marble Impared.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Thanks for the info, gimme_some_truth. That would seem to clear up any "coincidence" angle on this matter.

I wonder if the emergency preparedness plans for informing the public include prepared messages like "UFOs have landed...Do not panic"?

Regards,

Mike

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I have made some recreations based on the eyewitness reports. Hope these help visualize what people possible saw. These are made by me and published with GNU license. So feel free to share.

Lets hope someone in the media, mufon or ATS will get better drawings/renderings of what people actually saw. Lets do some real journalism here @ ATS.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Thought id share this here also for those who have not been to the other thread.
This is a radar from the morning of the sighting. It maybe something, it may be nothing.
img223.imageshack.us...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Yes, I have seen THAT warning many, many times myself. This warning was completely different. That is why it caught my attention. Also... it isn't the first of the month.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tangent45

Yes, we are under a burn ban. Good catch... I didn't even think of that.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

I think we've all seen those tests, but at what time? and what day of the month? I don't remember the last time I saw one of those tests, though I do hear them on the radio more often. Also our storm warning sirens go off the first wednesday of the month at 1:00 pm, here in the Minneapolis area, so we all know what/when they are. It would seem strange that, that one caught your attention, so there may be something to it. Please keep us posted if you hear/see anything more about that "test". thanks

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by saturnsrings

I posted a few pages back the time, date... what it said, etc. It was very strange. I don't know if it had anything to do with the UFO... I just found it strange. I am 31 years old and have NEVER seen one like it.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I haven't had time to search this thread, but I saw a report on CNN last night about an I report (which is sent in by the audience) of a video of a UFO. Anderson Cooper said it was of the Texas UFO and was a mile long, but it looks like a poor video and doesn't match the descriptions I read.

The Shot: UFO caught on tape?

For what it's worth.

[edit on 1/17/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I just looked at the nbc5i pics and if you notice the first seven are so say july 4th... probably just fireworks and the sender is making fun of the story.

That is what most people do. They can't imagine experiencing the unknown. I'm sure those type of people would have argued that the world is not round... it is flat!

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join