It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I saw the CNN news report about it..... why do they always have to giggle about these type of stories? Always the same ridicule.. sigh

link   
Search up old SETI on google news now new story on a possible hit from ET.

link   

link   

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I'll say it again.... I called SETI today and they said that news story is false. They have a "possible" signal but they have to sift throug a bunch of data.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I found a 5 hour old news flash, but my mac has now shut off three times when I try to go to the link. I just googled seti and then the 'news' tab. anyone else have the same problem?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
This made the news all the way up here! (far north).

One of the crafts was allegedly a mile long and a half mile wide?

If the government is actually operating craft that large I am astonished. This sounds like a genuine E.T. craft.

I would love so much to think that the time has come for benevolent E.T.'s to do sky-sweeps and disclose their presence, but when I hear stories like this the first thing I think is government operation or 'bad' E.T.'s.

Not sure why I get that impression.

A flying craft that's a mile long would be quite an achievement, considering the current longest plane (the An-225 Mriya) is only 84 meters long, about 20 times smaller than the alleged UFO.

link   
Local news is about to show photos of the ufo. KSLA 12 out of Shreveport La ... nevermind they aired another sightings footage.

[edit on 1/16/2008 by LouisXI]

link   
fishy though that the news station deleted their own story just like that.... but I guess this is the wrong thread to debate it, sorry

link   
That is weird, Wolf Blitzer said they were going to talk about the sightings later on in his show, but they never did... unless I missed it somehow...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shades1035
sounds a little fishy to me. Also the news report about SETI finding a mystery signal from ET just was deleted from that news stations website, hmm

This is very curious. I've been looking for the article on the signal and the sites like you say have removed it.

And it didn't occur to me til now, but the timing of the Arecibo signal and this incident is very interesting...

edit to add-- arecibo article here at www.earthfiles.com...

[edit on 16-1-2008 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I think SETI is being stupid for times sake send them a message if we think its a possible signal maybe a simple somthing like you know " Hello" "Your not alone"

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I say again. The shortnews.com website will not let me onto their site. My internet goes down. also, THREE other links are now removed for a 5 hour old story!
MODS!!! Get on this! I need you're expertise to tell me why this is happening! In real time please!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
What about the pictures? Its very intresting.

This will show us what the year may be like for a disclosure.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I am following this - if anyone gets pictures of this thing - post IMMEDIATELY! also, if people want disclosure - Vote Ron Paul!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shades1035
I saw the CNN news report about it..... why do they always have to giggle about these type of stories? Always the same ridicule.. sigh

Because it is still a joke to the Mass Media - also, what better way to make people 'not' believe...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Ron Paul how does he show for disclosure if anyone it would be Dennis I think nevermind this its time for a worldly disclosure.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

I think this is what you are referring to.

01/16/2008 07:20 PM ID: 67699
SETI Gets Possible Hit, ET is Calling
Researchers across the globe are abuzz with the possibility that SETI has found a signal from another civilization. The mystery signal was picked up by the giant Arecibo radio telescope.

Dan Wertheimer, of UC Berkeley SETI, said that the signal may never be decoded leaving them stumped as to how to respond. "We'll know something's out there, but we won't know much about their civilization."

Researchers are at odds as to what message should be sent back with suggestions ranging from “Hello, Welcome” to “Don’t eat us.” Wertheimer said, “we really don't know what we're up to, so we need to be careful."

Source: www.ktvu.com

source= shortnews.com...

I find it interesting as well, but this is not on the SETI website.

Sorry if this is off-topic, but the previous poster tied the two issues together

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well, if SETI said it was fake, then I would suspect the news agencies would take it down, no mystery there. However, I'm curious how that story got started in the first place...

Stilll, this does not explain why the alleged ufo was not discussed as advertised. Perhaps it really WAS a ploy to get more viewers!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ecidemon
Well, if SETI said it was fake, then I would suspect the news agencies would take it down, no mystery there. However, I'm curious how that story got started in the first place...

Stilll, this does not explain why the alleged ufo was not discussed as advertised. Perhaps it really WAS a ploy to get more viewers!

Either way MUFON investigators will be on Larry King Live this Friday. I hope with video or pictures from witnesses.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join