It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invisible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Are we ever gonna find a way to make things invisible? Cant they like make something to where it mirrors the enviroment and projects what is mirrored or something? Share your thoughts please. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I started a similar thread with the same question. They are working on something similar, here is a link

www.nasatech.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The description you mentioned is likely the way that a sort of pseudo-invisibility will likely be accomplished...by having cameras record the landscape behind the object and having mini-projectors of some sort throw that image in front of the object - not quite invisibility, but a reasonable facsimile...

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Wow thats very weird how they are making something like I mentioned. I was just sitting here thinking about it and I was like hey why cant they....?

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I saw a news article on this a while ago - scientists had managed to create an invisible jacket.

Here's a detailed article but seemingly without a picture:
www.smh.com.au...

And here's a less detailed article but with a piccie

www.ananova.com...

I also heard the US were trying to create invisible tanks using this

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleyane
I saw a news article on this a while ago - scientists had managed to create an invisible jacket.

Here's a detailed article but seemingly without a picture:
www.smh.com.au...

And here's a less detailed article but with a piccie

www.ananova.com...

I also heard the US were trying to create invisible tanks using this

wow, now that pic is nice. hows the movement? i see that as bein a real downer, the ebb and flow that comes from the slight delay in data relay.
but man, that wud be nice. i assume that people smarter than me would find a great way to put nanotubes to great use here, if they cud just make enough of em...

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It is possible once one realizes that visualizing things is just a matter of light disruptions and absorbtions and reflections. Then there is the issue of the vast space in each atom that is not inhabitated at any given time such that everything is mostly open space anyways. I doubt it will ever be as easy as a ray gun or some lotion etc., which fiction has always depicted.

new topics

top topics

join