It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erroneously flagged Thread in my Profile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I've just visted my Profile page and I have a thread in my flagged thread column that I didn't flag. What is more, when I checked the thread it is registered as not being flagged at all. No offence to the author but I don't believe I even read it in the first place let alone accidently hit the flag button. Anyone have a similar problem or know how I can remove it from my profile.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I take it this has only happened to me them since no replies or suggestions on how it could have happened.

I would be very grateful if a Mod could remove it for me - should I use the U2U function to request its removal, I don't like to harrass the mods unduly but I didn't flag it and it is still registering as '0' flags so there is obviously some sort of site anomally that perhaps should be looked into.

It'd be nice if someone could help or at least try to help me with this.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Just for info on the off chance, the thread in question is 'UFO sighted in over Australia' or words to that effect.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Tried complaints and suggestions to no avail. Perhaps I'm being impatient - who knows when 'my problem' is not even acknowledged.

Could someone please tell me who I have to sleep with to get this resolved?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I just came upon this under the hand book section under the "advanced" tab:

Very similar to the ranking systems on DIGG and delicious, it enables you to flag threads you feel are important or interesting. Once you've flagged a thread, you cannot re-flag or remove your flag... you can only flag once:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Thank you for replying but the point is I didn't flag the thread, I hadn't even read the thread or for that matter opened the thread - the first that I knew of its very existence was when I saw it in my list of Flagged threads. If you actually click on the thread you will also see that it is registering as 0 Flags.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Well on my profile page I gave a bunch of threads under the heading of Threads I tagged, right under threads I flagged.

I haven't tagged 3/4 of them. Especially the one from Tribal Fusion. How in the world do you tag tribal fusion.

If you find the answer I will share in the discovery of how to remove the unflagged/tagged threads.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Thanks interestedalways and will do, however seems I'm whistling in the wind on this one haven't heard so much as a peep from those that could help or explain

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

I had asked someone about the issue with mine, a Mod.

The suggestion was made for me to send it through suggestions/complaints.

I didn't follow up.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

I've done that too and heard nada....what's a girl to do eh????

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Dont worry, nobody will notice that you flagged it or judge you because you are interested in UFOs

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

What, What???

Kilgore Trout is looking up UFO's? OH MY! Not another one!

I didn't think she was like that!

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
dude i had a whole thread started under my name that I didnt even start....

who knows what happens

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

You're correct. It was listed as flagged by you, but not flagged at all. I flagged it just to see if it would change anything so it has one flag now. Moderators can't modify your profile or change what you have flagged. Probably only SkepticOverlord would be able to fix this.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's not a bad thing to flag a thread, and no one will probably even notice.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Dont worry, nobody will notice that you flagged it or judge you because you are interested in UFOs

(with accompanying sound)

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Thanks for looking at it for me - I have no problem flagging threads just prefer to have a choice in the matter....

Thanks again

new topics

top topics

join