It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real agenda: Bush delivers arms sale to Saudi Arabia and rest of region

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

The real agenda: Bush delivers arms sale to Saudi Arabia and rest of region

news.yahoo.com

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - President Bush, on his first visit to this oil-rich kingdom, delivered a major arms sale Monday to a key ally in a region where the U.S. casts neighboring Iran as a menace to stability.

Bush's talks with Saudi King Abdullah, which began over dinner and were continuing with late-night meetings, also were expected to cover peace between Israelis and Palestinians and democracy in the Middle East.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
JDAMS to Saudi, In addition, the Navies Littoral Combat System may be offered as well. All told the adminsitration expects over 20 billion in sales to the region, with 11 billion announced on this trip so far alone. Weapons include the advanced Patriot air defence system.

Wonder if our troops will eventually face these systems?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Well, hopefully we can simply turn them off if they decide to launch them twords our allies. There must be some sort of back door off switch. I can only hope.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Christmas come very late for the Arabs i see

is this news really supprising? i mean one the largest exports is Arms to other countries and i wouldnt be supprised if the middle east isnt the lagest US consumer.

what better way to fuel a fire then sell more fuel?

new topics

top topics

join