It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nickname for your significant other?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
do you call your hubby or wife by a certain nickname...?

i do...i call her mama and she calls me daddy...not in like a goofy sexual tyoe way or anything...i have called her mama for a long time but she kinda just started calling me daddy a few months ago.

even before that it was honey or something like that....i don't think i have called her by her first name on more than a handful of occasions.

you?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
OH man... I hope she doesn't log in and see this thread...

ummm where to start...

Poohbear
Babies

those are the nice ones..

for fun..

sasquatch... only cause she laughs so hard at the commercials...

the big foot...

Agent ( private )

Agent n..... (again private)

There are more, but I better stop while I'm ahead...

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
come on peeps.
nicks for significant others are teh pwn

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Mine for her is: Satan

Her nicknames for me are
Loser
Jerk O--
Idiot
Piece of s--t

Yeah! That couple who's caressing and kissing each other non stop in the e-harmony commercials has nothing on us.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by lombozo]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Straight from the Anthony Michael Hall movie Johnny Be Good; I call her "baby love".

Peace

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I've always called him "hun", the short form of honey.

It's not like he's that sweet or anything, I just can't remember his name.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I have the couple of standard ones:

babe
luv
dear

and the unorthodox ones:

nerples
giggles
terwa
sexy

It runs the gamut and is solely dependant on my mood and her demeanor

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
i call the missus "woman"

hey woman, while your in the fridge can you bring me the iced coffee please?

when i refer to her with others, i sometimes say "the cheese n kisses" instead of missus.

although we have 2 dogs, and we might say "aww, you love your mummy dont you" or she will say "you looking at your daddy with a tennis ball are you?"

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
My wifes nickname is..

Boo Boo

When we were dating, we went on a camping trip with her parents. Taking a hike after a nice rain, we were admiring the mountains and I was gabbing away as usual when I noticed she was strangely silent. When I look around, she was gone.

I found her at the bottom of the ravine we had been walking beside, laying on her back doing the "dead cockroach." She was laughing so hard I thought she was crying and ran to her "rescue"...She had slid down in the mud and was of course covered in it... What a sight...

Anyway, she has been Boo Boo ever sense...

Semper

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
My husband calls me "Fawn"

I don't know why he just says I remind him of a beautiful little fawn with brown eyes. LOL!!!
He has called me fawn for the past 20 years now.

For me to him it's just "sweetheart" or "baby" unless I'm mad about something than it's "weed" or "dweeb" LOL.

He dosn't have another name for me if he's mad at me. He will usually call me by my full name then. LOL!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Funny,

When my Wife calls out my NAME, I start thinking "What the heck did I do now?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I then start formulating generic excuses...

Semper

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I have a Russian name and my husband cant pronounce it right.

Who'd give a baby a Russian/Gestapo/German name like mine?

I know, my mother hates me!

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Straight from the Anthony Michael Hall movie Johnny Be Good; I call her "baby love".

Yeah Yeah!! I also call my wife "baby love". Sometimes it is "teetie poopie" which is derived from "sweetie pie" and then you know when one gets all soppy and you start to talk funny like only SHE must hear - well, it went from sweetie pie to teetie poopie. Then my daughter was born and she has a nickname too *cough* poop-a-poop which basically also came from the sweetie pie LOL -0 or pookapoop.

Ok, you KNOW if you say anything to ANYONE about what you have seen and read here i may have to get VERY violent

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
He dosn't have another name for me if he's mad at me. He will usually call me by my full name then. LOL!!!!

Well if my wife is mad at me she doesn't really say anything but i pull out all the soppy names in the book to soften the blow of her anger LOL...

Man MEN are such suckers and we so take women's anger in the best ways possible. Well i know i do cos it could just get worse and we all know what happened when Katrina struck - don't we!

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder

Originally posted by Shar

Well if my wife is mad at me she doesn't really say anything but i pull out all the soppy names in the book to soften the blow of her anger LOL...

Man MEN are such suckers and we so take women's anger in the best ways possible. Well i know i do cos it could just get worse and we all know what happened when Katrina struck - don't we!

Yes, LOL< that is so true. Nothing is worse than a woman's anger. I think a good man would try and calm her down before she blows all up. LOL.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
We at times refer to each other as "megwich". The first syllable of our names are close... but it's not as if we were anything other than us, together.

Vic

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

Yes a good man may try to calm her down before she blows up, however a wise man will take cover and stay out of the way.

I dont really have any nicknames for my wife, honey sometimes, but I usually just call her by her name. Her nickname for me would be spanky, when she calls me that she usually gets called icy, or frigid midget in response. It is all in fun, it is nice to have someone that I can joke around with and not worry about her bringing the rath full force against me. As a man, that filter between my brain and my mouth, gets dirty too often and I say some good stuff, but she understands and it is great.

I have been married twice the first was very much a poor judgement call on my part. She gets the distinction of the only real nickname I use, and that is the devil whore. She really enjoyed me calling her that, she overheard that I had said that, being from a small town, word travels quick. She decided it was worthy of punching me in the face next time she saw me, she was a loony crazy crazy bitch.

I thank god for my wife, the mother of my child, the light of my life. I would do anything in the world for her, even if I do occasionally call her the frigid midget.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Ummm ..... I call my girl VampQueen, babe, sexy agent ..... and she used to call me Hot-o ...... it's been a while since she called me that

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
gunner36

Taking cover and staying out of the way.

That got a laugh out of me. I loved it. I wished my husband would just do that one. LOL!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join