It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prisoners 'to be chipped like dogs'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Prisoners 'to be chipped like dogs'

news.independent.co.uk

Ministers are planning to implant "machine-readable" microchips under the skin of thousands of offenders as part of an expansion of the electronic tagging scheme that would create more space in British jails.
But, instead of being contained in bracelets worn around the ankle, the tiny chips would be surgically inserted under the skin of offenders in the community, to help enforce home curfews.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.independent.co.uk
news.independent.co.uk
en.wikipedia.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Organs to be taken without consent

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This is pretty scary stuff.

First the PM wants to illegally take organs from dead hospital patients, now the government wants to track criminals.

Who will be next, political dissidents? ATS users?

The case for: 'We track cars, so why not people?'

The Government is struggling to keep track of thousands of offenders in the community and is troubled by an overcrowded prison system close to bursting. Internal tagging offers a solution that could impose curfews more effectively than at present, and extend the system by keeping sex offenders out of "forbidden areas". "If we are prepared to track cars, why don't we track people?" said Ken Jones, president of the Association of Chief Police Officers (Acpo).

Officials argue that the internal tags enable the authorities to enforce thousands of court orders by ensuring offenders remain within their own walls during curfew hours – and allow the immediate verification of ID details when challenged.

The internal tags also have a use in maintaining order within prisons. In the United States, they are used to track the movement of gang members within jails.

The tags will be implemented INSIDE jails, but what kind of tracking system will be used when the inmates leave jail?

Will we all be next?

"Hey citizens, for your safety we're implementing mandatory tracking to ensure you won't go to unsafe and hazardous areas.

Don't worry, we're on your side."

news.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

This is the part of the article that most worries me:

The case against: 'The rest of us could be next'

Professionals in the criminal justice system maintain that the present system is 95 per cent effective. Radio frequency identification (RFID) technology is unproven. The technology is actually more invasive, and carries more information about the host. The devices have been dubbed "spychips" by critics who warn that they would transmit data about the movements of other people without their knowledge.

Consumer privacy expert Liz McIntyre said a colleague had already proved he could "clone" a chip. "He can bump into a chipped person and siphon the chip's unique signal in a matter of seconds," she said.

One company plans deeper implants that could vibrate, electroshock the implantee, broadcast a message, or serve as a microphone to transmit conversations. "Some folks might foolishly discount all of these downsides and futuristic nightmares since the tagging is proposed for criminals like rapists and murderers," Ms McIntyre said. "The rest of us could be next."

Key word is could be, but we need to be aware of such incursions by the totalitarian governments ruling our world with force.

More abuse from UK nanny police state. US is next.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

if its just a chip under the surface of the skin, itd be so easy to remove and then presto nothing

something like this has to be like bonegraft or something, for it to stay and stick

thats why i never got the whole the microhip is the mark of the beast thing

ust doesnt make sense enough

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Sounds like the first step untill they try to chip us all

I was thinking a while back that "they" will chip convicts first then it will be all and sundry

Well as i keep saying over my dead body will i ever accpect a chip implanted into me

when will to sheep realise we dont need no chips in us

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Yeah i had a piece of pencil lead (read graphite) Imbeded down to my brest plate . A little lidocaine an a fresh scalpel and there was nothing to it .

Unless there implanted in the brain or on/near a major organ or if its a fellony to remove i don't see what would stop someone from removing them .

[still need to visit the full artical so if this is a dump post i will fix]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This reminds me of the movie 'Fortress' starring Cristopher Lambert, although not as extreme!

I dont think it will happen, someone will undoubtedly drag it through the European Court of Human Rights, and probably win too!

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
First prisoners. Then patients. Then every frightened parent chips their child. Then we've all got them.

I'm going to start looking into investing into some companies that will be taking part in this. The chip manufacturers, the database designers, the hardware sales and maintenance... there's a lot of money to be made in this.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
"The internal tags also have a use in maintaining order within prisons. In the United States, they are used to track the movement of gang members within jails. "

is it just me but does this seem to say its allready in use in the usa to track gang members in jail? i havent hered of them chipping prisoners allready, as a us citizen this realy worrys me .

starred and flagged

edited for spelling

[edit on 1/14/2008 by krill]

[edit on 1/14/2008 by krill]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
this is just the logical progression.

funny..the other night i was watching the movie conspiracy theory that came out about 10 years ago and mel was talking about rfid chips getting put into dogs and how pretty soon they will be put in people.

animals first. then 'they' can put them into people that don't matter. you know, prisoners and mentally ill people and such..then, people that volunteer for them can get them. then all newborn babies and before you know it, everyone has a chip.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This is great news but they need to take it a step further. A single non-lethal knockout dose should be part of the design. A single guard could then put down a whole yard of convicts if they start up any rioting, just replace the chips upon use. Then they could introduce incentives along with their use. A one chipper gets you maximum privelages where as a ten chipper gets you life. As far as everday normal life, I don't see much use for it. Soldiers and police on the other hand could have life threatening sensors in their chips to release a boost of adrenalin.
There are a lot a very intriguing applications for this exciting technology.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Dictatorship does not come in force like an invading army.
People would see it and fight it, it comes little by little, until one day everything it's in place, people are separated, spied and the rulers discourage any attempt of the people to group together by using informants. That means you do not know who you are talking to, see East Germany, Romania, Russia

[edit on 14-1-2008 by pai mei]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Microchipping people is scary, but I dont believe it is the MTB. That is something we havent seen yet, plus its part of a system and blasphemous to God. That means it would have to make use of his name one way or another. If chips do that then everything from my toaster to my car would be considered blasphemous.
One more large scale terror attack and most people would agree to anything, including being chipped. Look at what we gave up already with the Patriot Act. "We'll do whatever it takes just keep us safe Mr President". It's actually pretty smart too bad most people dont see it coming.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
This is disgusting. Forcing implants by law is a type of rape, imo.

I don't intend to stay in the UK much longer.

Be glad you don't have to deal with these fools, Big'

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
"We track cars so why not people."

Wellll maybe because cars don't have feelings, duh. Cars never want to go for a quiet relaxing walk knowing that they're away from society, do they? Cars are never going to argue or revolt against their government to restore democracy, but people might want to. Cars aren't going to care if the country is forced into a police state, but people might.

Originally posted by Mindless
Unless there implanted in the brain or on/near a major organ or if its a fellony to remove i don't see what would stop someone from removing them .

If the governments really wanted to 'chip' everybody then obviously they would make it a felony to remove your own chip. And they would also give some stupid reason like "if you remove your chip then you're a terrorist", which everyone would go along with for fear of being labeled.

top topics

join