It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

alien message

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
ok i don't know if this has been done already, or if this is the right forum to put it on, but this is the only forum i visit so here it goes. i came across this message while on the internet and it seemed like a good idea to put it on here for all of you to see, it also sais in the message to spread this message to as many people as possible so what better place then here.

CHANGE THE WORLD! "DECIDE WHETHER WE SHOULD SHOW UP!"

CHANGE THE WORLD!

"DECIDE WHETHER WE SHOULD SHOW UP!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoever transmitted this translated message to you is irrelevant, and should remain anonymous in your mind. It is what you will do with this message which matters !

Each one of you wishes to exercise her/his free will and experience happiness.

These are attributes that were shown to us and to which we now have access. Your free will depends upon the knowledge you have of your own power. Your happiness depends upon the love that you give and receive.

continued at source

[Mod Edit: Source cited, link provided and external quote trimmed. Please see here and here. Thank you - Jak]

[edit on 14/1/08 by JAK]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
since when do they need or would like permission to show up on a global scale?

sounds to far fetched

why not just send one alien just to show they are all real

hmmmm

whatever

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Can you give us the address from which this message arrived?

Also how long ago was it when you received it?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I would hope that the aliens wouldn't use such passive and fluffy "self-help" style language when they communicated with us. Phrases like "experience happiness," rather than a simple "be happy" tend to make me think that the anonymous source of this message is not aliens, but rather some very human, muddle-headed dope with mild messianic delusions.

A simple, "party on, dudes, and be excellent to each other," works better for me.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
Can you give us the address from which this message arrived?

Also how long ago was it when you received it?

yeah, this is where i found it

www.petitiononline.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
I would hope that the aliens wouldn't use such passive and fluffy "self-help" style language when they communicated with us. Phrases like "experience happiness," rather than a simple "be happy" tend to make me think that the anonymous source of this message is not aliens, but rather some very human, muddle-headed dope with mild messianic delusions.

A simple, "party on, dudes, and be excellent to each other," works better for me.

even if that were true Nohup, theirs nothing to loose by trying right? i already did my part and i hope i did it right, my answer was YES!

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Yes, imagine that alien life coaches.

Ok everyone you need to actualize our abductions!

[edit on 14/1/2008 by klain]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
it did go on a bit didn't it...

and im none the wiser...

what's my options again..??

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
There are many messages like this, and I'm not at all convinced of their authenticity.
It is my guess that these are written by people with noble intentions: They might believe that their message harms no one, and that it may in fact be beneficial in the long term, if listened to.
However, I will stick to what I've said before (here and elsewhere):

A visiting extraterrestrial civilization will (most likely) have NO knowledge about the quality of our social lives. It is not their concern whether we are 'happy' or not; in fact, it is even less of a concern whether or not we 'believe' in their existence. Fairies need you to believe in them, as does Santa Claus -- but only because there's some sort of magic involved.

If we visited another planet, we might do so because we know about its life-supporting qualities. Should we stumble across a civilization there, we won't immediately know anything about them -- even if they appear to be humanoids as well. We wouldn't need them to believe we exist, either: their belief does not actually affect our existence, or our presence on their planet. If, on the other hand, they exhibited hostility, we would quickly leave.

"Change the world now" is one perspective. "Change is ongoing" is another perspective. "Change is not necessary" can be yet another. ETs have to take sides with (parts of) the population in order to proffer any one of these viewpoints.
Now, would you go to another planet just to get involved in their political systems?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It is just another example of channeled aliens.

A Dr. Michael Salla "analyzed" the message and came to the conclusion, that since the message was channeled, it is very likely to be a genuine one.

The funny thing is, that someone else might use the same argument, to come to a conclusion, that it's just another case of severe mental diarrhea.

But of course, our "Dr." here has books to sell, so his conclusions simply have to be based on promoting sales.. I mean facts.. Sorry for the typo.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Im not normally sceptical when it comes to UFOs, but i have to say that this message looks more like a joke or a prank, or someone just trying to get our hopes up. Like someone above said why would they need a petition from the public as to weather they can land on our planet??. (This may seem like something out of the movies) but i think most UFO's would contact our "leader" directly e.g president or primemister of the country they are planning to land in.
But thats just my opinion

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
My, I wonder what it taking them so long?

This message is old, I mean like more than 5 years or so, and I can't remember exactly where I saw it. I noticed the link you supplied doesn't have a date on it.

I guess not enough people want them to show up yet!

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by spookymulder
Im not normally sceptical when it comes to UFOs, but i have to say that this message looks more like a joke or a prank, or someone just trying to get our hopes up. Like someone above said why would they need a petition from the public as to weather they can land on our planet??. (This may seem like something out of the movies) but i think most UFO's would contact our "leader" directly e.g president or primemister of the country they are planning to land in.
But thats just my opinion

the message tells you why they are doing it this way, the answer to all those questions you just listed are on that message if you take the time to read it, including the one about why don't they just contact our leaders, which they say they have but they said no ect ect please read before coment thank you

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
on that link i provided before

www.petitiononline.com...

there is a link that takes you to another page where you can sign and leave a comment as well, so please consider signing so far there has been 1,882 signatures from people around the world.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by callmedave
it did go on a bit didn't it...

and im none the wiser...

what's my options again..??

you should take the time to read the message it is very interesting.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Lotlatino

I read this a while ago and it is very interesting but it does seem like someone most likely made this as a prank.

The petition states that this decision should be made by the majority but with 1,882 signatures it has a longgggggg way to go.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

To be exact the message was made in 2002 and in their message they mention a span of ten cycles when something will happen??

2012 again I wonder??
What are your thuoghts on this ? When I express in the plural form of "THEY" this could also be "HE" [the author Julien] writing this stuff which on some areas has a ring of truth but on others kind of hazy.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
IDK...i read the WHOLE "Message" and i read some background information, as to where it came from, who wrote it..people who analyzed it, and who found it to be genuine...

IIIII for 1 thik this message could be true(atleast i HOPE it is!)

cuz im DEFFINATELY ready for this contact....to many ignorant people on this planet who make it difficult for a huge event liek this to make it happen..but IMAGINE their faces when it actually does happen!!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lotlatino

Here is the Video for those of you who want to listen to it instead of reading it..

Interesting to say the least...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join