It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
"And this is the inscription that was written: Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin. This is the interpretation of each word. Mene: God has numbered your kingdom, and finished it; 27 Tekel: You have been weighed in the balances, and found wanting; 28 Peres: Your kingdom has been divided, and given to the Medes and Persians." Daniel 5:25

I find this most interesting if applied to the United States. What say you?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

There is a list of judgments all nations receive after they turn away from God (I think it is in Leviticus or Exodus but it is definitely in the Torah). I wrote an article a few years ago and detailed the approximately seventeen things a nation will experience upon their fall (inflation, immigration problems, employment and job deficits, terrorism, etc.). The site it was on is no more and I'm too lazy to redo it at the moment. However, I do think Daniel was a direct warning to what was to occur at that time while the warnings and judgments listed in the Torah fit any nation that falls into sin and rejects God- including America. Just my two cents.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite
I find this most interesting if applied to the United States. What say you?

I say it sounds like the prelude of yet another bad case of convulsive ergot poisoning.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
O' Yeah !

it's the old ..."The Handwriting is on the wall" thing,

i found an article that addresses this idea...involving the USA-
titled: 'A RUSSIAN LOOKS AT THE COMING COLLAPSE OF THE U.S. EMPIRE'

its on another forum...
but i think this link works: energybulletin.net...

the handwriting is on the wall for the USAs wanton run-amok capitalism,
and this Russian puts it together so well... our system is not designed
to endure.

(eeney-meeney-chili-beanie, as it was said by BullWinkle Moose)

[edit on 16-1-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

what do i believe applies to us about where we stand about now? the book of leviticus 26:17 those who hate you will rule over you 19 I will break the pride of your power 20 your strength will be spent uselessly.

deuteronomy 28:16 cursed in the city and cursed in the country 17 cursed food 18 cursed children and animals 22 all kinds of strange diseases and bad weather. 25 eventually to come military defeat by our enemies.

sorry you asked because i rejoice in none of this but thats where i think we stand at the present moment in time.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

sorry for the delay in responding to your post. i like the link. in 2001 china and russia along w/3 other Asian states formed the Shanghai Corporation englishsection.com...
with an intent to run the western world out of the region.

do you think russia or china would allow US to attack Iran?

the Bible reference said your kingdom has been divided and given to the Meades and the Persians.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

since the us the the focal point of global hatred would you agree where is says all nations will come against you rather than Israel?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
No. That message was meant for Belshazzar specifically.

However consider this.

Is the US the realm of Greece as mentioned in Daniel 8 and 11? Some bibical prophesies are thought to have multiple fulfillments. And Jesus Christ did warn us in Matthew 24 about a future abomination of desolation.

So are they repeating? Could be. If you look at both prophesies it would appear that Daniel is 3 for 3. And 11-4 and 8-20 do seem to be predicting the end of the US. I guess you'll just have to watch for it.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Re:to musselwhite---there are 13 tribes of israel altogether--the birthright blessing was given to joseph who had 2 sons ephraim and manasseh.ephraim was prophesied to become a "commonwealth" of nations while manasseh by itself was to become the most powerfull nation on the face of the earth.these promises were conditional of being extended forever if G-D's laws were kept.

since the contract has been broken by judah and the usa and england and its colonies by breaking G-D's laws their enemies will be allowed to defeat them and take all captive in the same month for a 3 and 1/2 year holocaust/inquisition before Messiah returns to save the 1/10 that survive-----or wouldn't have survived if He didn't return.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
O' Yeah !

it's the old ..."The Handwriting is on the wall" thing,

i found an article that addresses this idea...involving the USA-
titled: 'A RUSSIAN LOOKS AT THE COMING COLLAPSE OF THE U.S. EMPIRE'

its on another forum...
but i think this link works: energybulletin.net...

the handwriting is on the wall for the USAs wanton run-amok capitalism,
and this Russian puts it together so well... our system is not designed
to endure.

(eeney-meeney-chili-beanie, as it was said by BullWinkle Moose)

[edit on 16-1-2008 by St Udio]
let's get ready there's a train a coming! America's elite...................has destroyed the world.......................greed.................greed.............greed! you are right on the mark

[edit on 5-9-2008 by musselwhite]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

There is a list of judgments all nations receive after they turn away from God (I think it is in Leviticus or Exodus but it is definitely in the Torah). I wrote an article a few years ago and detailed the approximately seventeen things a nation will experience upon their fall (inflation, immigration problems, employment and job deficits, terrorism, etc.). The site it was on is no more and I'm too lazy to redo it at the moment. However, I do think Daniel was a direct warning to what was to occur at that time while the warnings and judgments listed in the Torah fit any nation that falls into sin and rejects God- including America. Just my two cents.

Would this not pretty much apply to every country in the world?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

15 Behold, I will bring a nation against you from afar, O house of Israel,” says the LORD. “ It is a mighty nation, It is an ancient nation, A nation whose language you do not know, Nor can you understand what they say. 16 Their quiver is like an open tomb; They are all mighty men. 17 And they shall eat up your harvest and your bread, Which your sons and daughters should eat. They shall eat up your flocks and your herds; They shall eat up your vines and your fig trees; They shall destroy your fortified cities, In which you trust, with the sword.
www.biblegateway.com...

the rise of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization organized to counterbalance NATO and the United Nations. in otherwords, the United States of America.

top topics

join