It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Most Corrupt Politicians Include Clinton, Obama, Huckabee

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This is a B.S. list.

What about Rep. Wiliam Jefferson?
What about Rep. John Murtha?
What about any elected officeholder from Alaska in D.C.?

Set-asides, earmarks and favors for constituants that line your pockets in return for taxpayer funds would seem to be graft to me, not pork.

I think Sen. Tom Coburn is the cleanest of the lot, but generalisations of good behavior in Washington don't go far.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Originally posted by The Vagabond

It seems to me that if I'm deciding whether it's Scooter Libby or John Boehner who needs to go on my list of corrupt politicians to watch, the one who actually has a future in politics might be the one who belongs there most.

Why is Libby on this list to begin with? He's not an elected politician.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Yeah that's a good point, he was an appointee, he never ran for anything.

Who'd vote for a candidate named "Scooter?"

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Well, at the moment I am getting no list at all. JudicialWatch.org is not responding.

edit:spelling

[edit on 15-1-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Sorry I haven't been able to read the long posts, but I have to question this list.

Is this list is for the top ten corrupt politicians, or a smear campaign on democrats running for president? Because if it were the list of top ten corrupt politicians, why isn't George Bush and Dick Cheney on the list?

I will read all the allegations in the list when I have time, but it looks politically motivated to me. Anyone know how often they put out this list? Do they only post it when their preferred candidate isn't doing so well in the primaries?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Where are William Jefferson and John Murtha? They're on last years list: www.judicialwatch.org....

The top ten is pretty balanced between Republicans and Democrats, although all the Republicans are either former or outgoing politicians... Oh, and 5 of the 6 Dishonerable Mentions are Democrats.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by aaaaa

Where are William Jefferson and John Murtha? They're on the 2006 list: www.judicialwatch.org...

The top ten is pretty balanced between Republicans and Democrats, although all the Republicans are either former or outgoing politicians... Oh, and 5 of the 6 Dishonerable Mentions are Democrats.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
interesting thing about the word "politicics" im sure you've all seen it, poli = greek word meaning many and tics = blood sucking parasite...

[edit on 15-1-2008 by survivor]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Well look at that: A pattern.

Thanks for posting last year's list.

Last year's list had 5 Republicans- 4 of them FORMER representatives, and one of them an embattled speaker on his way out.

The dishonorable mentions only had 1 Republican, and he was a FORMER APOINTEE!

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
American politicians can certainly impress with their corruption, but you have to go to the totalitarian dictators to see big league corruption. Hitler Stalin and Mao.

Hitler, a clean living vegetarian non-smoker, instituted policies that led to millions of deaths while letting a gang of one step up from the gutter thugs run the nation for their own benefit.

Stalin, the paranoid's paranoid, created a cult of personality beyond the wildest dreams of any Hollywood studio, while ruining his country's economy with crackpot economic plans. Having a child molester like Lavrenti Beria as head of the secret police would make any Letterman top ten list of monstrous corruptions.

Mao, another economic crackpot who murdered millions of his own people, unleashed teenage ideologues on their parents in a wave of terror that only George Orwell could have imagined before it happened. Meanwhile the "Great Helmsman" disported sexually with an endless supply of cutie pies in a style that could have been rivalled by only the most sybaritic of the class ememies he despised.

Bottom line: "America repeal the Patriot Act!! Restore Posse Comitatus and Habeas Corpus!! Don't let those buffoons who run your country get enough power to move up to the big leagues of corruption.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Mod Note
Terms and Conditions
Please use [.ex] tags when quoting external sources, and please do not copy unnecessarily large portions.

Please stay on topic. The topic of this thread is "Ten Most Corrupt Politicians Include Clinton, Obama, Huckabee".

Please don't post racist drivel and think that changing the spelling of the word "racist" makes it OK.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by The Vagabond]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
One of the things that bothers me the most about RP is the fact that he did not return the $500 to Don Black. It makes me wonder if he has any limit as to who he will accept money from. It's a mater of association with dirty money, imo.

are you serious? this statement has got to be a joke.

he won't take money from multi-billion dollar companies for the same reason he won't return the racist donation.

influence.

if he were to return the donation - it's like admitting that a donation will influence your actions.

"I cant take the money because then I'd have to hate black people"

boeing won't contribute to his campaign because they know he cannot be bought.

I just can't believe that people still try to pull the race card. it's kinda of funny.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Originally posted by tyranny22
are you serious? this statement has got to be a joke.

he won't take money from multi-billion dollar companies for the same reason he won't return the racist donation.

influence.

if he were to return the donation - it's like admitting that a donation will influence your actions.

"I cant take the money because then I'd have to hate black people"

boeing won't contribute to his campaign because they know he cannot be bought.

OK...let me see if I have this right...

"I won't accept money from corps because they might influence me..."

and

"I won't refuse money from racists because they can't influence me..."

Uh-huh. Makes perfect sense.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
To me, whether Ron Paul is a racist or not, he probably doesn't belong on this list simply because the people on this list are on it for doing real and tangible harm, not just for being generally disagreeable.

And although he probably doesn't belong on the list, whether or not he is a racist, I understand why people hold him in lower regard because of his decision in this matter. It's not a matter of whether or not he can be bought, and if we want to error on the side of assuming that he's a decent human being, it's not even about whether or not keeping the money makes him a racist.

It's about values and common sense. My values tell me that hatemongers are not to be abided- not so much as nodded to if you pass them on the street. They have the right to exist, and they have the right to speak, but they have no right to expect anything but the disdain and social rejection of moral people, until such time as they understand the weight of their error. I'd give the money back just to make the point to that person that he is wrong and that I wish to minimize his impact on the world.

What's more my common sense tells me that if I don't do that, and I'm a public figure, then I can expect blowback that I should want to avoid.

Ron Paul apparently sees one or both of those subjects differently. That's his right. But it is my right to withhold my vote if I feel that those percieved shortcomings in morality and judgement are deal-breakers.

As I said, the point isn't that it's doing real harm per se, which is probably among the reasons he didn't make the list, but simply that he doesn't share the views of many people, and that can make a loser out of you in a democratic election. Nothing about that is contrary to the spirit of democracy. So I really don't see what about it makes Ron Paul supporters so defensive.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Excellent as usual Vaga, but I must say. Those are respectable conclusions from an outside point of view looking in. From where Ron Paul is sitting, it is probably a whole nuther ballgame that we can only imagine. Timewise and prioritywise. The man is only human. Think about it.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Why is this thread even on ATS ?? This is more BTS or even PTS stuff for some Ron Paul supporter to be pushing some vague stats and asking people why they are not voting for Ron Paul ?

Is canvassing for your candidate "Breaking alternative news" ?? What the hell ?

<< 1  2  3   >>

join