It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loss of points

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Can someone (a mod) please tell me why i now only have 2867 ATS points when yesterday i had 3,000 + Is it because i had a post removed that was considered against the ATS code of effects?

please and thanks

[edit on 14-1-2008 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Probably not.

You would have a warn tag if you had had points deducted.

There are point deductions for minor offenses, but they are small and you get a U2U when that happens.

A mod might be able to give a more specific response.

[edit on 2008/1/14 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

yes you got in trouble

i was minused aboiut 2000 points for being too harsh to some (over reptilians)

not a big deal

although I was saving the kool-aid man pitcher and matching cups

now i have to settle for the capt caveman spork

[edit on 14-1-2008 by MurderCityDevil]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Not necessarily...

Remember if you get hit with a Mrs Manners "warning" it's a deduct of 1000 points and a reminder note, but no official warn tag.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

Get one of those?

The author of the post is fined 1,000 points, but no warning flag is applied to their account.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oops, sorry...

[edit on 14/1/2008 by enjoies05]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Yep that would be it thanks, alltough i didnt get the part in a u2u saying 1000 points deducted

i dont think the post was even that rude infact the person i aimed said post too laughed and said it was cool

oh well i guess rules are rules

now how do i get my points back that i wasted on a blog that doesnt work

edit: Hi enjoies05 long time no see happy new year my friend ............didnt you get a ban ? im sure i saw a post from you and next to it , it said banned????

[edit on 14-1-2008 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
So, exactly what are points used for, anyway? I mean, I see you get one or two per 'post'; occasionally someone will bless you with more for an outstanding contribution, or whatnot. I'm just a little baffled, still, about the point system, except I think I read somewhere that you can 'barter' with them for avatars?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Click on this link to see what you can get for them points.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
You can use points to buy things from the ATS Store. Stuff like custom backround colors, custom titles, Really Above Top Secret forum access, and some other stuff...

Man, am I slow today...

[edit on 14/1/2008 by enjoies05]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I'm new to ATS. Can anyone tell me how I earn points?

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by harrymudd

this should give you the low-down on ATS points All about Points (simple map)

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

i dont think the post was even that rude infact the person i aimed said post too laughed and said it was cool

oh well i guess rules are rules

Well, if the person in question wasn't offended at all, presumably he/she didn't "report" you, or whatever it is unhappy ATS members do. Which would mean that somebody was monitoring the exchange and thought you HAD been rude, regardless of the addressee's opinion.

But if that is so, if "rules are rules"... they don't seem to apply for everyone, certainly not to the same degree. I have noticed posts that were personally offensive - and not in a minor way! (not to mention that they were unprovoked - unless one takes non-personal and in no way vulgar criticism as a "provocation") - and yet the poster's status seem to continue unaffected in every way.

Which makes sense, I suppose. I mean, if it's up to the subjective opinion of a, say, moderator to judge what is offensive and what not, it's only natural that discrepancies would arise. And that's why I think it might be best to leave it to forum members to report behaviour they find personally offensive (even if the post wasn't directed at them).

new topics

top topics

join